King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (Guy Ritchie & Jax Teller)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Spartan

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (Guy Ritchie & Jax Teller)

Post by Spartan »

Start of the trailer looks exactly what you expect a film about King Arthur to look like when it's helmed by the patron saint of mockneys, but then comes the epic Skyrim looking visuals and Charlie's magnificent sheepskin coat.

Tommy Bunz

Re: King Arthu: Legend of the Sword (Guy Ritchie & Jax Telle

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I lost all faith in Richie after Revolver, the movie equivalent of a turd covered in glitter.
But will watch this regardless as I'm a sucker for anything in the medieval time period.
I'm a bit surprised this got greenlighted since the Antoine Fuqua/Clive Owen King Arthur film from ten years ago bombed. And that was actually a pretty good movie, probably underrated in the grand scheme of things.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

revolver was wack but both sherlock holmes were highly entertaining blockbusters. this looks awesome. and unlike other midieval knights movies this one apparently boasts a stronger magic angle to help bring in GOT types. some GOT actors, a villainous jude law and shirtless jax teller should also help fill the theaters on this one.
Last edited by djjeffresh on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

shouldn't be too bad as long as it doesn't turn out to be like that dumbass Hercules movie where all the cool fantasy stuff was only in the first 5 minutes then never happened again

gotta give Ritchie a certain amount of credit - even when his formula ran it's course and became a cliche, he found a way to stick his own touches into these kinds of big 'for hire' jobs. dude managed to shoehorn bareknuckle boxing into Sherlock Holmes AND Arthurian legend, that's no small feat
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ric

Post by ric »

will watch if convenient