Ghost In The Shell Live Action

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Ghost In The Shell Live Action

Post by drizzle »

Thought we had a thread about this, but can't find it

The whole outcry about casting Scarjo felt overblown but I don't expect much from this either way. This new set of short teasers is kinda good looking though.

all of them edited into one video
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Tommy Bunz

Re: Ghost In The Shell Live Action

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Other than the fact she's not Japanese, Scarjo has the big tits and the big eyes to fit the character pretty great if you ask me.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

if they wanted a japanese actress the japos should have made it themselves
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

dilla7

Post by dilla7 »

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

i liked it

ric

Post by ric »

in daily thread I wrote:
Ghost in the Shell 2017
pretty dope really. haters will be haters. the mood is cool. mansell does the music and its dope. there're some sweet characters in here including Scarlett. the visuals are of course dope
in re the hate
agreed. bitching about the race of someone who is playing a cyborg is fucking dumb. who gives a fuck about the origin? the azns in this movie are the trustworthy bosses. the cool old boss is really fucking dope. what the fuck is anybody upset about? it's fucking dumb. people are dumb.

zombie

Post by zombie »

the original anime had characters that didnt even look asian.

in fact, a lot of anime has their main characters looking non-asian (blonde hair, white, big eyes) so yeah exactly what does it matter

the only thing I can see people getting upset about is the change in storyline, but whatever.

it was really good.

blade runner 2049 will be badass as well.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

zombie wrote:the original anime had characters that didnt even look asian.
DITTO!

I thought this movie kicked ass. fuck the nerd talk about scarlet not being Japanese...whatev. She's a fucking robot.

I was a huge fan of the anime, and I think this complements it nicely. Answered some questions I never got an answer to.

two thums up for sure.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I really liked this, they nailed the feel of the city and it looked fucking amazing. a lot of the shots and settings were beautiful.

one thing that I really liked was that they used older cars dressed up as a envisioned futuristic ride.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Also really enjoyed this, forgot to post about it. Personally I love the ScarJo casting as Major and thought they did a great job mainstreaming the story while keeping true to the look/vibe of the original. As far as hollywood adaptations of properties loved by nerds, this is one of the better ones.
The 3D in this was really great as well.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

smh et tu Tommy?

this was ass for reasons that had nothing to do with ScarJo. insultingly dumb plot that mangles the original concept into a shallow generic techno thriller with none of the depth of the original, boring generic action, ripped off the visual style of the anime while preserving none of the context that style expressed. even if judged completely on its own terms, divorced from the source material entirely, it would still just be pretty but otherwise mediocre trifle that assumes an audience of idiots (hence cringingly embarrassing lines like "We made you a new body. A synthetic shell. But your mind, your soul, your 'ghost', it's still in there.")

I was rooting for it too, didn't mind the casting that much and thought they had a chance to do a good take that would have it's own merits even though there was never any chance of it living up to the original. but they blew it.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

^ wrong.