Desus & Mero

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Desus & Mero

Post by 907 »

Anyone else watching this? It's pretty great.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

Ramen

Re: Desus & Mero

Post by Ramen »

never really found these dudes funny

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Love this shit and been riding for them since they had 1000 followers and they were the two funniest guys on twitter. Can certainly see how they are an acquired taste though.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Definitely feel a weird sense of misplaced pride about how two twitter dudes I've been following for years tweeted their way to having a TV show, even though their stuff off twitter is never as funny. Desus is clearly the funnier and more talented one, I feel like he'll outgrow Mero at some point soonish.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Happy for these two. Love the podcast and the show. Desus is great, but Mero makes me laugh the hardest.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

drizzle wrote:Definitely feel a weird sense of misplaced pride about how two twitter dudes I've been following for years tweeted their way to having a TV show, even though their stuff off twitter is never as funny. Desus is clearly the funnier and more talented one, I feel like he'll outgrow Mero at some point soonish.
Yeah. Desus is way quicker and wittier while Mero might be better suited for just writing. Agree that they're funnier on twitter than anywhere else but the podcast and the show at least allows them to do them and not look wack like they did on those MTV shows. I do worry about their shtick wearing thin , as they do tend to go back to the same well a whole lot but, still, they are really funny dudes.