Game of Thrones Season 7

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

samdoom wrote:I have no clue what to expect from the finale, especially with the accelerated pacing and questionable logic in lots of what has transpired this season, but I haven't heard anyone mention the sellsword army that was discussed between Cersei and the Iron Bank earlier in the season. Do we think that they may be in Kings Landing for the pending meeting, hiding in plain sight and waiting for Dany and her people to be inside the city? It's rare that GOT mentions something like that and then never follows up.
Nah, I don't think so. I think that shit is dead at this point. Cuz that whole mercenary army loan request talk b/w Cersei and the Bank rep was made possible purely because of the momentum and advantage Cersei had gained at that specific time when they were discussing as her side had just destroyed Dany's whole fleet in the Greyjoys, captured the Sands crew, wiped out the Tyrells and confiscated their food stock and vast treasures that put her on course and in position at that time of their meeting to quickly repay her debt to them. Iron Bank only cares about making money by investing in the perceived winning side, which to them at that time appeared to be Cersei's. But investing a merc army to her was still contingent on Cersei coming through and finalizing her repayment with the "spoils of war" that was on its way to her, and also contingent on her keeping the momentum and stay winning. But none of that shit happened after their talk. So she's still a deadbeat to the Bank and has yet to repay them, and now her side's looking weak with her main Lannister army gettin fried along with her ally house's army. Iron Bank probably ain't too happy with her now. This now gives me a feeling that with the way Cersei's current psyche is with her strict self preservation mode and not giving a fuck about anything other then vengeance, she may just disregard her debt to the Iron Bank with a big fuck u to them as well. If that happens, then I have a feeling that forces of the Iron Bank may come into major play in the next season just in regards to Cersei's fate towards the end. Cuz the Iron Bank don't play that shit as "it will have its due" with their debtors one way or another. Shit, I mean who knows... cuz everyone seems to be predicting that Cercei will eventually be served the righteous death she deserves by the hands of one of the main characters like Arya, Tyrion, Dany, even Jaime. But if this shit about her relationship with the Iron Bank plays out like how I've described, then I think it's very possible that the Bank may put out the green light hit on her and she actually ends up receiving a shitty, meaningless, random ass death, which she deserves and would be more fitting for her, all because of a fact that she was an unrepaying deadbeat.
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:did sansa send away brienne because

A- she trusts arya not to kill her

B-she's worried brienne will protect arya

?
Def B imo at this point. Arya's got her majorly uncomfortable and shook.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:brienne tried to convince sansa to leave with her while sansa+LF were en route to winterfell. if sansa had listened, no rape etc
Not only that, but Brienne was ready and wanting to slit his slimy throat and just waiting for Sansa to give her the ok when Sansa and LF first reunited face to face immediately after Battle of Bastards.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:at this point the series seems like a straight up high fantasy setting & i'm just gonna enjoy it. magic swords, resurrection, shapeshifters, etc. evil witch queen, golem. only difference is we have detailed backstories for everyone. last ep even played out like an rpg quest. jon snow frantically protecting the payload. i wonder if this is how GRRM envisioned the series turning out, or if it's the TV writers putting OT into fanservice.
Yup, straight up, totally agree. There was that discussion earlier in this thread of where GOT stacks up against other GOATs. Dude made some good points, a couple of which are becoming more and more sorely pronounced against the show. No doubt about it, the pace is too fast, timelines don't make sense and are whacked the fuck out, too much deus ex machina shit going on, and for those who are generally into the fantasy genre who have adored the show for its deviance from that genre's stereotypical shit, they can now probably shit on GOT now and feel betrayed that it's inevitably become just another dungeons and dragons and magic bullshit. But I still don't give a fuck cuz it's still one of the greatest imo. People can always nitpick at the other highly considered GOAT shows too. Despite having to just swallow all of its current bullshit, I actually think that in that sense it's a notch above some of those other great TV shows, because it's still entertaining as fuck. I can't say the same for a lot of those other great shows, cuz they too have all had that stretch and ran through that phase at some point during their respective series where shit got tired, illogical, seemed too pompously caught up in script writing to stroke its own critical acclaims/prestige instead of simply just hitting the notes to deliver what the fans want in entertainment and keep it moving, or just flat out fuckin boring to watch. Yeah, there's a lot of retarded fantasy and other bullshit the viewers are swallowing currently with GOT, but I can honestly say that I've never even once been bored watching this show.

But I will say that with the way it's been moving through at its pace so far towards the finale, it's evident that the show seriously should've been extended for one more season for a 9th season. That would've smoothed out and solved a lot if not all of its current issues. They really should've, and I don't know why they didn't. It wouldn't have felt as being too much or milking it, viewers would tune in still, and they could've made more $.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

^^^
While it hasn't been confirmed that the Lannister's paid the Iron Bank back yet, it was confirmed that the gold had made its way into King's Landing prior to the "Loot Train Attack," so I don't think the Iron Bank has beef with Cersei at this point

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

yea they made it a point to say the money had made it to kings landing before the Dothraki's came in and curb stomped jamies army. They also made it a point to mention the Banks murk army...so I think it's fair to say that something is going to happen, if not in the finale than next season.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

I know Aegon is kind of the Targaryen name to have but man it's so wack

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

I don't even know what constitutes good or bad in this show anymore but this was good times.

The Littlefinger thing really could've used a heist movie prestige scene where they show the Stark kids counterscheming against him all along.

Lol at Cersei and Euron sitting around planning some shit like 'idk what these assholes are gonna try to show us but whatever it is, just pretend like it freaked you out and make it look like you're leaving for good'
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

Nothing like having Bran narrate a spot of incest.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

I'm just glad they got it in before the lil cripple can cockblock. The bang time scene was seriously lacking though. They should have filmed it back in season 1 when the actors were hungry, now they think they're too bougie to do full nudity and deep penetration on camera. weak

everything else pretty much went as predicted. which is fine but i was still hoping for a heartbreaking, mindblowing twist. is it finally safe again to feel confident that our fav heroes are immortal? can they hurt us again??

btw
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:^yeah plus the wall has to come down at some point. might be the half season cliffhanger.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

theon's drowned god scene might have been the highlight of the ep. nobody can take a knee to the crotch like the lil homie. what is dead may never die.
1. Nas
2. Drake

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

was i the only one thinking that the ice dragon would freeze people/things instead of spitting blue fire?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

well we haven't seen what the blue flame does to people yet, just that it can punch through magic walls. i'm picturing an explosion of icicles if a person gets hit with it

first wall scene next season is def Tormund feebly raising his hand from a pile of rubble and Berric quickly helping him up and shooshing him to point at a huge army of the dead passing 10 feet away

zombie

Post by zombie »

-goddamn incest.

-I'm really curious if Bran and Sam are going to keep that news to themselves.

-best scene was Jaime basically telling Cersi to fuck off and then he rode off by himself to the North. Shit was bad ass, respect to him for doing that. After this season I am rooting for him.

-really worried about Tyrion looking all schemey there on the ship. I don't want him to turn against Dany.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

zombie wrote:-really worried about Tyrion looking all schemey there on the ship. I don't want him to turn against Dany.
This scene seemed completely random and out of touch with Tyrion as a character

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

samdoom wrote:
zombie wrote:-really worried about Tyrion looking all schemey there on the ship. I don't want him to turn against Dany.
This scene seemed completely random and out of touch with Tyrion as a character
There is a reason they left the ending of his Cersei meeting off screen and why "FAMILY" and his "regret" was so important during that discussion.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

I always assumed Tyrion would stay loyal to Dan based on the three Dragon riders deal. That’s gone. So yea, he turns on them and gets smoked.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

zombie wrote: -I'm really curious if Bran and Sam are going to keep that news to themselves.
they'll tell jon directly next ep when he gets back, then he'll kill them to protect his poon supply
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

the writers lost the thread of who/what Tyrion is supposed to be about like 2 seasons ago, reduced him to a bland voice of reason who comes up with terrible plans and does that white guy blinking meme when Dany says anything. teaming up with Cercei makes absolutely no sense for the character as he was originally written, about as much sense as Bran being the Night King, but at this point very little of this makes that kind of sense anyway.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

We’re going to speculate for the next two years before we find out. It could be, he know realizes their bond will now become stronger and with that, he will have a harder time influencing anything. He knows Jon wants to end the Lannisters and after his meeting with Cersei, he probably wants to preserve whatever is left of that family. He certainly isn’t jealous like Sir Friendzone. There is a reason the camera panned to him for that long. They want us to think he is either going to turn or that he is losing faith in his Khalessi. It’s not like that relationship hasn’t taken enough hits in the last few episodes as it is.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

I'm not saying it's impossible, I'm saying the writing is so bad and staging of the narrative stuff is so clunky now that it could literally be anything.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

If only that fat cunt could have just written faster.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

blastmaster wrote:If only that fat cunt could have just written faster.
some people think he's taking so long cause he's running into the same problems as the show writers. If it's his original vision to have a 'high fantasy' emerge from a world of historically inspired scheming and political machinations, he may keep delaying book releases cause his endgame is clunky and unsatisfying, clumsily playing into all the tropes he subverted in the earlier books.

on the other hand, maybe he's busy getting his dick sucked and the showrunners are taking advantage of the situation to push unapologetic sappy pulp.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude

Post by Dat_Triflin_Ass_Dude »

zombie wrote:-goddamn incest.

-I'm really curious if Bran and Sam are going to keep that news to themselves.

-best scene was Jaime basically telling Cersi to fuck off and then he rode off by himself to the North. Shit was bad ass, respect to him for doing that. After this season I am rooting for him.

-really worried about Tyrion looking all schemey there on the ship. I don't want him to turn against Dany.
Don't see any reason nor need for Bran and Sam to keep that info on the down low, since Bran specifically mentioned that Jon needs to know the truth about himself. Unless of course you're implying that they will make the decision to intentionally not inform Jon IF they happen to find out first that Jon and Dany have already fucked unknowingly, so they may decide then that it'd probably be for the best for the greater cause to withhold that info in order to not disturb their alliance, which is of the utmost importance to win the Great War. Personally I'm a sucker for tragic incestuous shit on film, and the last time I encountered a similar portrayal on screen was in Incendies, which I really enjoyed. Anyways, I'm hoping they'll have the balls to take this aunt n nephew shit to that next level that will psychologically torture the viewers watching, making them so uncomfortable by playing with their emotions and morality, and concluding their arcs with some kind of an inevitable tragic end, leaving all fans feeling fucked up and dirty towards life. That would be a glorious end.

I'm now wishing that Sam and Bran decide to keep it on the low and Jon and Dany don't find out the truth, at least not so fast at the start of next season. That'd be a fuckin boring approach imo if they end up immediately learning of their true relation to each other before they win the Great War together, leading to some predictable course of their relationship becoming suddenly awkward and fractured with Dany feeling shook and existentially threatened upon knowledge of Jon's higher claim to the throne. And while they'll both end up feeling dirty about their incestuous fuckery, Jon will still be all about fighting the common enemy to humanity together with an "I don't give a shit about the Iron Throne afterwards" attitude, but Dany will be the one who just can't bring herself to be down with that shit. Cuz it's one thing when she was cool with and believed when told and assured her that he has no interest in ruling and claiming the kingdoms when they both had no clue of his true ID, but once they and everyone else finds out who Jon is, it won't matter even if Dany still thinks that Jon's not that type, cuz he's a literal threat in flesh to everything she's been about and perceives herself to be. She'll realize that the pure simple fact that he exists is an existential danger to her rightful claim. Then their whole alliance will start strifling amongst themselves like Captain America: Civil War, and splitting b/w either Dany or Jon's side, only to predictably rejoin and accept the fact that they must fight together against evil. So nah, shit playing out like that would be boring IF it goes that way BEFORE they win the Great War (btw, I'm obviously completely assuming that the "good guys" will win the Great War and defeat the zombies in one way or another, even though I personally think it'd be amazing to see the story end on a dark, twisted note with humanity being defeated).

The better way, and the more gut-wrenching way would be to let it play out like that AFTER they win the Great War. Sam and Bran decide to withhold revealing Jon's true ID for the better good. Jon and Dany continue their fuckeries, falling deeply in love, their relationship growing stronger, which only keeps the fans watching feeling uneasy with their thoughts of "it's so fucked up, but u can't blame them cuz they don't know, and they're both good people, but this shit ain't gonna end well." Then they go on to defeat the Wights and win the War together. After that joy though, is when they should be hit with the big info bomb. Now what do they do after the War for humanity's survival is over? As much as I love this show and hold it in high regards, I would be seriously be disappointed if it ends on a grand happy note.

Cuz if there's one thing about this show that more or less captured everyone's love for it and attention is in its ability to portray the complexities and moral shades of human nature. And that's what I've always liked about this show that despite the whole story and its world being set in some magical, fantasy land, its characters have all and always been relateable in their humanistic ways and behaviors, flaws and all. Some were or are too macho, noble, stubborn, but ultimately too naive in underestimating the nature of other humans to their detriment. Some were too brash and had to be humbled and came around in becoming a decent person despite doing fucked up shit in the past, while some were just purely psychotic beyond reason that u just don't comprehend.

So that's what this show's always been about and great at, at its heart. Even though I've never read the books, from the little bit I know of them from here and there, I'd bet that the main underlying theme GRRM's been driving home and utilizing in how he has decided and decides to write any character's story arc has always lied simply in human nature. That humans will always be, act, and fuck up the only way we can, as humans. As I've previously mentioned, it's not the characters in this show who are/were purely considered as being good, evil, or bat shit crazy, that drove the show and story. The driving force has always been those who morally lie in that grey area and truly portray the complexities of human nature and are capable of sometimes doing some fucked up shit when it's all relative.

Cuz think about it, with the possible exception of bat-shit crazy fucks like Joff/Ramsey/Mountain, all of us can connect or relate, and have, to the motives and fucked up actions of a lot of the story's unanimously despised characters if u kept it real and put yourself in their shoes as to why they did what they did. Cuz it all stemmed from understandable basic human motives of greed, power, self preservation, etc. And you're fuckin only lying and playing yourself if u deny 100% that u would never do what a certain character did given his/her situation at the time and how it would relate to your own self preservation.

So with all that said, in regards to Dany and Jon, the show should most def end on a note keeping true to its human-nature theme. They should both find out the truth after they've won the war and shared a moment of joy together. But again, after the zombies are gone, what happens then? What happens then would be perfectly related and referenced to what that one Maester at the Citadel once told Sam, in that life and humanity went on the last time this shit with the wights happened, and it'll be the same this time too. In other words, human will return to being how they are and always have been, bickering and ego-trippin over power bullshit despite just having survived a zombie army. Whichever characters are left standing in the end, and in that way, the show ends with Dany making the tragically tough choice to kill Jon upon them finding out the truth.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

http://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thrones- ... 1798622658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^doesn't really make a difference imo. it was a skeletal 'intrigue' b plot holding the lines against the action set pieces. we got a couple cool scenes out of it.

@triflin -- could go the other way, danyers gets extra horny for snow when she finds out. skimming through the first book i think she had some creepy incest dreams about her brother.
1. Nas
2. Drake

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

First two eps suck balls. Nothing happens. I can barely name one thing that happened. Squandering their last few precious eps. Suckers.

Btw looks like lifeless was right tho
1. Nas
2. Drake

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

emcee darth malek of house reek
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

gusty wingers wrote:emcee darth malek of house reek

only thing reeks is my dick after i nut raw in your woman.
1. Nas
2. Drake