Game of Thrones Season 7

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7

Post by Philaflava »

beginning to hate dannys period.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

i'm basically rooting for the white walkers at this point...
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

alpha

Post by alpha »

drizzle wrote:kinda boring ep aside from Euron going ham
The titties tho.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

Word the titties were great. Also glad that greyworm got his stump sucked. Euron was wrecking shit. Wonder what my dude Bronn is going to do when he realizes Erons gift to cersi is the sand snake he's been trying to bang.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Dany always been whinny and entitled, she think she playing chess too, one of her problems is she never really listens to her advisors and now lady olenna telling her to do her own thing :fail:

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

the dead poet wrote:Word the titties were great. Also glad that greyworm got his stump sucked. Euron was wrecking shit. Wonder what my dude Bronn is going to do when he realizes Erons gift to cersi is the sand snake he's been trying to bang.
good catch, forgot about this. bron is direly needed rn.

Ramen wrote:Dany always been whinny and entitled, she think she playing chess too, one of her problems is she never really listens to her advisors and now lady olenna telling her to do her own thing :fail:
the show's been popular for so long i'm afraid it's devolved into standard fan-service, but one of the few interesting twists could be a dany heel turn. her half ass siege plan has fallen through now that all the lesbos are caught, so launch the dragons like olenna said. as of next ep they'll have 3 targaryans together to ride em too.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

um shouldn't the 3 eyed raven have been taken directly to his bro jon snow post haste?

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

also the ed sheeran scene annoys me even more now bc it appears there will be no follow up after arya's encounter with his merry men. what was even the point of that scene in ep 1? to inform us that arya was heading to king's landing? or to "check in" with the perspective of the common people regarding palace intrigue? seems dumb either way

zombie

Post by zombie »

missandei is a goddamn goddess, goddamn those tits and ass.

poor girl fel in love with a eunich though geez

zombie

Post by zombie »

my guess is jon snow is gonna decline dennys request to bend his knee to her.

then dennys is gonna try to burn jon but it wont burn him and then she will realize who jon is and then they will have hot/nasty cousin sex or whatever they are somehow related

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

zombie wrote:my guess is jon snow is gonna decline dennys request to bend his knee to her.

then dennys is gonna try to burn jon but it wont burn him and then she will realize who jon is and then they will have hot/nasty cousin sex or whatever they are somehow related
he burnt his hand on that lantern when he killed the white walker that was attacking Jorahs dad at Castle Black though.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

This answer is based on the books. The show clearly decided to go in a different direction.
Targaryens aren't immune to fire. Except for the "Daenerys walking on Drogo's funeral pyre", which was a one-time event.
In the fifth book, Daenerys herself gets burned by Drogon. And later gets sick too, by the way. Don't take Dany's opinions, such as "Fire cannot kill a dragon", at face value, since most of her knowledge about being a Targaryen came from Viserys, and even he was just a child when their family was killed.
Other Targaryens killed by fire include: Aegon V died in a fire at Summerhall, Aerion Brightflame who drank wildfire and burned from inside out, and other Targaryens got roasted alive during the Dance of Dragons.
About Jon Snow, I believe he could have some "natural knack" in taming a dragon (the same way Dany did) from his Targaryen side, or skinchanging into a dragon, from his Stark side.
But we will have to wait and see.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

word word, i'm just saying we saw it coming with dany. First that bath water didn't hurt her. Then the hot dragon eggs didn't burn her hands. But we saw that shit but Jon. So I doubt he'd withstand a bon fire now even after he's already died and came back.

I've never read the books past book 1. But what's everyone's opinion on the theory that Bran is the nightking? I figure he's still learning to be the 3 eye raven and could bounce back in attempt to fix shit. Brandon the builder dude who made the wall and apparently put spells and shit in it? Maybe he even tried to go back and stop the children of the forest and they stabbed his crippled ass with some dragon glass to make the knight king. Thoughts?

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

I don't think that's possible because we've seen them in the frame at the same time before... I think his wolf will be a walker though

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Bran is not the night king, Dany is not going to try to burn Jon. There's nothing to support any of this.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

zombie

Post by zombie »

when i said what I said about Jon it was just a guess...
Last edited by zombie on Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zombie

Post by zombie »

the dead poet wrote:
zombie wrote:my guess is jon snow is gonna decline dennys request to bend his knee to her.

he burnt his hand on that lantern when he killed the white walker that was attacking Jorahs dad at Castle Black though.
I can't remember that, but I'll take your word for it. I dont know anything about anyone, never read the books so I dont know any lore. was just making shit up guys

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

^ so ppl talmbout jon is not a targaryan?

i hope so. my most anticipated but most impossible hope for a plot twist is that jon is actually the incestuous bastard of ned and his sister. where's your hero now?
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

nah he's def a half-Targ, absolutely no reason to show the Tower scene otherwise. RailRoad has been working this angle for 20+ years.

I don't think there are any more huge twists coming tbh. Some people who seem unlikely to die will definitely die, maybe somebody good will turn heel or vice versa, but that's about the extent of it. I hope I'm wrong and we get at least one more real Red Wedding level :ohsh: moment, but it feels like this is now set for a fairly straightforward end game.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

I think cersei is going to kill the dragons, somehow they don't get enough dragon glass... the white walkers kill them... tear down the wall... kings landing freezes over... and their divisive nature ends up killing them...

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

drizzle wrote:it feels like this is now set for a fairly straightforward end game.
exactly what i'm worried about. the core appeal of the show since s1 has been breaking people's hearts. "bittersweet" ending keeps my hopes up a bit.
1. Nas
2. Drake

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

for the record if this is so straight forward how about you give us a prediction for what is going to happen? I have a pretty good feeling you will be wrong... literally anything can happen... not saying it's going to be good because I thought this started to jump the shark last season but I can't say I am sure where they're going or who will take over kings landing...

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

gusty wingers wrote:for the record if this is so straight forward how about you give us a prediction for what is going to happen? I have a pretty good feeling you will be wrong... literally anything can happen... not saying it's going to be good because I thought this started to jump the shark last season but I can't say I am sure where they're going or who will take over kings landing...
I agree that the ending of GoT now is relatively straight forward. Almost every move in ASoIaF has been logical since its inception, the series not so much. But the end game has been set up and it would be very bad TV to deviate from that set-up.

1. The wall will fall.
2. Night's king will be defeated at Winterfell (hence the place where winter fell)
3. Cersei and Jaime die, probably together in some sort of Romeo-and-Juliet-way
4. Jon is Azor Ahai reborn
5. Dany will eventually take King's Landing (though I'm not too sure she ultimately remains queen)
6. Tyrion, Dany and Jon are the 3 heads of the dragon
7. Littlefinger will die

Many characters are inconsequential due to poor handling of the books. i.e. Varys has little to no use as (f)Aegon has been omitted entirely. There are also too many crackpot theories based on poor understanding of character motivations, backed by no textual evidence at all. They may be fun, but also delusional.

zombie

Post by zombie »

seems like when anyone gets too comfortable they die or things end up not going their way

i mean, its been like that for a while now. and this last episode with Euron wrecking the ships kinda proved that, because it was prefaced with that sister and sand snake getting all cocky and horny in their quarters

So, as long as the character is always unhappy or suffering or getting their shit fucked up, seems like they will typically end up surviving. for the most part...

zombie

Post by zombie »

which makes me fear for the phatass goddess missandei and greyworm...

i like those two

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Yohan wrote:
gusty wingers wrote:for the record if this is so straight forward how about you give us a prediction for what is going to happen? I have a pretty good feeling you will be wrong... literally anything can happen... not saying it's going to be good because I thought this started to jump the shark last season but I can't say I am sure where they're going or who will take over kings landing...
I agree that the ending of GoT now is relatively straight forward. Almost every move in ASoIaF has been logical since its inception, the series not so much. But the end game has been set up and it would be very bad TV to deviate from that set-up.

1. The wall will fall.
2. Night's king will be defeated at Winterfell (hence the place where winter fell)
3. Cersei and Jaime die, probably together in some sort of Romeo-and-Juliet-way
4. Jon is Azor Ahai reborn
5. Dany will eventually take King's Landing (though I'm not too sure she ultimately remains queen)
6. Tyrion, Dany and Jon are the 3 heads of the dragon
7. Littlefinger will die

Many characters are inconsequential due to poor handling of the books. i.e. Varys has little to no use as (f)Aegon has been omitted entirely. There are also too many crackpot theories based on poor understanding of character motivations, backed by no textual evidence at all. They may be fun, but also delusional.
yea this is pretty much what i'm picturing. there will probably be some mild curve balls, one of the dragons and one of the 'heads' will likely die and some other likable characters definitely die too, and the ending will definitely not be happy in any 'and jon and dany lived happily ever after' way, but that's the general outline.

Yohan is dead on, the books are written as a rock solid chain of cause and effect. The show fucked up a few plot points and character motivations, but not to the extent where the conclusion will be a chaotic free for all where anything can happen. I'm guessing they still have to stick to what Martin has in mind at least in the broad strokes, and what he has in mind seems to be what's above.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

bran, arya, mel, samwell?

Yohan

Post by Yohan »

Well, Samwell was instrumental in gathering information on dragonglass. He also has Heartsbane, which is a badass Valyrian sword. I reckon he makes it back to the wall in time to defeat the Walkers. Mel has brought Jon back and probably has some role to play in the reveal of Jon as a Targ. Same goes for Bran although I also picture some sort of standoff with the Nights King, the way they set it up already.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

didn't expect Jamie and Cersei the ones to be playing chess

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

decent episode, but damn are they breezing over a lot of shit that seems like it should be pretty important.