Game of Thrones Season 7

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Game of Thrones Season 7

Post by Philaflava »

i'm weak. i am a hypocrite too. whoa.

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

As long as the quality is HD i'll watch whenever. It's when the leaks are shitty rips that you gotta...

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Dickhead friend told me final 2 episodes leaked and I downloaded and watched the first before realizing the finale hasn't leaked yet god damnit.
Last edited by tehgiftofgab on Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alpha

Post by alpha »

That's kind of on you for not checking yourself.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Well yea true, but it's easier to blame my friend -_-

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

studies show that being able to wait til sunday is associated with higher SAT scores and educational attainment, lower BMI, and higher earnings later on in life.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Empirical evidence shows you're still a homo.

Post by 907 »

Jesus fuck, that was some shit.
hustler wrote:if you don't know that spiders protect you from ghosts, then i really dont know what to tell you.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

alpha wrote:Empirical evidence shows you're still a homo.
1. Nas
2. Drake

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

I mean...i know we're not supposed to think realistically about any of this but those dudes fighting off all those zombies on an ice island is so deeply bullshit, it kinda bugged me. Like when they have these brief pensive moments between killing the hundreds of zombies flying at them.
Pretty ill episode though. Zombie dragon gonna spit ice though?

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

So the crest handle (wolf) of Snow's sword opened its eyes once he climbed out of the water.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Philaflava wrote:So the crest handle (wolf) of Snow's sword opened its eyes once he climbed out of the water.
you got screenshots, I missed this
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

http://mashable.com/2017/08/21/game-of- ... 0mFOV6Pgqz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

cool idea, they'll probably ruin it by overexplaning and random plot contrivances

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

drizzle wrote:cool idea, they'll probably ruin it by overexplaning and random plot contrivances
Jon is the white ranger.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

This shit is a straight action movie at this point but I'm not complaining. I still wanna pretend like there's a plot tho so here goes.

What is the night king really up to? Back in s2 he let sam go, walked right past, and i think even looled at him. He's in no rush to march south. This ep he possibly lured the dragons in deliberately by keeping the expendables trapped on an island for hours/days. Now that dany heel turn seems to be ruled out I'm hoping for an interesting night king twist that's not him being bran. I don't see how dude can be bran cause we saw him get created in that flashback, and as stated above the night king
-can walk
-gets pussy
1. Nas
2. Drake

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

Night King definitely looking like that classic movie villain that loses cause he too cocky.

zombie

Post by zombie »

night king = bran is the most retarded thing

zombie

Post by zombie »

also i dont think the wolf eye on jons sword opened, i think that was:
1. water hitting a frosted over eye from when jon splashes around
2. jons hand on the other side of the gem , the gem "opens" as he slams his hand behind the gem.

Cryptic One

Post by Cryptic One »

zombie wrote:also i dont think the wolf eye on jons sword opened, i think that was:
1. water hitting a frosted over eye from when jon splashes around
2. jons hand on the other side of the gem , the gem "opens" as he slams his hand behind the gem.
i watched again and was convinced that the eye opened... but then i read this:

http://uproxx.com/tv/jon-snow-sword-the ... -longclaw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Alan Taylor, the director of the episode wrote: “That is so funny, somebody else mentioned that to me and I haven’t got a clue what they’re talking about,” he told Insider. “So either this sword is magic and it’s doing stuff on its own or something happened. I’m going to have to go back and watch that moment close up and in slow motion to see what’s going on there. I can say that there was no intention for that to be the case.” Taylor continued, “I’ll tell you my theory. I’m assuming that it was cold on set or in the simulated ice lake, and I thought that the pommel of Longclaw is just slightly frosted over and then Jon comes out of the water and splashes the sword which washes away any sort of frosty residue.”

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

I have no clue what to expect from the finale, especially with the accelerated pacing and questionable logic in lots of what has transpired this season, but I haven't heard anyone mention the sellsword army that was discussed between Cersei and the Iron Bank earlier in the season. Do we think that they may be in Kings Landing for the pending meeting, hiding in plain sight and waiting for Dany and her people to be inside the city? It's rare that GOT mentions something like that and then never follows up.

Also- can anyone explain the whole littlefinger, arya, sansa dynamic at this point? If Littlefinger made Sansa think Brienne would protect her, why did Sansa then send her away? Because Brienne would potentially protect Arya from Sansa? None of it makes much sense to me

zombie

Post by zombie »

little finger's objective is to tangle everyone up into his lies.
he wants to pin everyone against everyone and leech off the strongest one, but he is also very careful abut doing this do if his gamble on someone fails he can jump ship and leech off the other person.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

I'm reading it as Littlefinger trying to prop up Sansa for ruling the north with him as the power behind the throne/slowly working in on the weirdass psychosexual thing he has for her because of his love for Cat. He is trying separate Sansa from both Arya and Brienne, to leave himself as Sansa's only ally. Brienne doesn't trust him and is sworn to protect both sisters, so could potentially fall in with Arya.

It's all pretty thin, although the idea of Stark kids not just jumping to trust each other and even working at cross purposes after all these years is the right way to frame their reunion. It's pretty much the last vestige of this show as character driven intrigue, so I'm grudging rolling along with it.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

zombie wrote:little finger's objective is to tangle everyone up into his lies.
he wants to pin everyone against everyone and leech off the strongest one, but he is also very careful abut doing this do if his gamble on someone fails he can jump ship and leech off the other person.
i get that, but that's an awfully broad explanation. I feel like that kinda gives the showrunners too much leeway to have the narrative for him and the Stark sisters make little to no logical sense.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

did sansa send away brienne because

A- she trusts arya not to kill her

B-she's worried brienne will protect arya

?
1. Nas
2. Drake

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

drizzle wrote:Brienne doesn't trust him and is sworn to protect both sisters, so could potentially fall in with Arya.

zombie

Post by zombie »

why does Brienne not trust Littlefinger? What did he do to make her not trust him, i forgot.

they had just met for the first time two episodes ago right?

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

brienne tried to convince sansa to leave with her while sansa+LF were en route to winterfell. if sansa had listened, no rape etc
1. Nas
2. Drake

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

at this point the series seems like a straight up high fantasy setting & i'm just gonna enjoy it. magic swords, resurrection, shapeshifters, etc. evil witch queen, golem. only difference is we have detailed backstories for everyone. last ep even played out like an rpg quest. jon snow frantically protecting the payload. i wonder if this is how GRRM envisioned the series turning out, or if it's the TV writers putting OT into fanservice.
1. Nas
2. Drake