Creed II (2018)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Spartan

Creed II (2018)

Post by Spartan »

DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAGO!!!!!

Liked the first one a fair bit, despite it feeling a bit of a rehash of the first Rocky film.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Re: Creed II (2018)

Post by Philaflava »

Of course this is carbon copy and of course I'll see this as soon as it comes out.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

It really turns me off how heavily all these sequels and reboots of classic franchises lean on past plot points. Inventing an illegitimate Creed son is already kinda forced, but whatever, why not, it's a decent enough hook that makes the screenwriter's job a little easier. BUT WHY THE FUCK DO YOU NEED DRAGO'S SON, THAT'S SOME STRAIGHT TO VIDEO LEVEL SHIT

with that said I'll obviously still watch the shit out of it and probably jog home afterwards too
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

You answered your own question there. :lol:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

ughh I know, the slop in the content trough is tasty even when it's clearly slop

CarlosDelgothoes

Post by CarlosDelgothoes »

written by Cheo Hodari Coker. So expect some of the worst, hammiest dialogue you've ever heard. Unless you thought Notorious and Luke Cage were good.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:written by Cheo Hodari Coker. So expect some of the worst, hammiest dialogue you've ever heard. Unless you thought Notorious and Luke Cage were good.
Didn't know this. Ugh.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

CarlosDelgothoes wrote:written by Cheo Hodari Coker. So expect some of the worst, hammiest dialogue you've ever heard. Unless you thought Notorious and Luke Cage were good.
so the 3rd act is guaranteed to be Creed getting whooped by Drago until he hears Drago curse, after which Creed gets mad and turns the tide of the fight in a montage set to Gang Starr

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Coker was the one who got choked out by Raekwon?

CarlosDelgothoes

drizzle wrote:
so the 3rd act is guaranteed to be Creed getting whooped by Drago until he hears Drago curse, after which Creed gets mad and turns the tide of the fight in a montage set to Gang Starr
Creed stops the fight in the 3rd to educate Avon Barksdale on the history of the n word

ric

Post by ric »

drizzle wrote:
I LOVED the first one. But unless this writer is gonna step up I don't know if I will like this.

I mean I'll see this asap though and in theatres if possible.

GUCCI CONDOMS

Post by GUCCI CONDOMS »

I liked the original a lot, but I still have Creed ranked as the 2nd worst Rocky, only being better than Rocky Balboa.

I'll fucks with this tho

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

That look at 2:06 will sell a shit ton of tickets.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

seems unlikely but the trailer makes me think he's gonna loose? i'm probably reading too much into it

djjeffresh

Post by djjeffresh »

i got that impression as well

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Terrible.

Clean Hobo

Post by Clean Hobo »

Employee wrote:Terrible.
Can you tell me about a recent movie you like? Or some music? Or anything about life in general that makes you happy? Not trying to talk shit. You just seem really miserable.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

You're projecting because you're a bipolar spastic, bro.

Fall back.

alpha

Post by alpha »

This will be awesome. But in a Rocky 2 kind of way

admiral

Post by admiral »

It was exactly what you'd expect

The Drago father/son relationship dynamic was by far the most interesting part of the movie. I wouldn't mind getting a full-length feature about what Ivan's life was like in Russia after losing to Rocky

ric

Post by ric »

This shit was surprisingly dope. Yeah OK there was some dumb shit in there in the way of dialogue and story and character detail but there was a ton of great shit in here too and a good deal of it flows from the aesthetic sensibilites they're rolling with. Simple. Pure. Powerful. Vulnerable. Some of the most powerful shit in here is like slow motion capturing a fierce work out from a different and interesting angle with awesome lighting. Or like three sentences that are 1-3 words long that speak directly to the heart of the dialogue/issue. And they don't nail it all the time and sometimes it just straight sucks. But overall I fucking loved this shit and thought it was a worthy if imperfect sequel to the first Creed which I'm on record here as saying it's a modern classic to me that I'm watching over and over and over and I still think it's better than Mad Max Fury Road. Boom.
Fucking loved the desert shit. The look and the Ecstasy of Gold Rocky theme mashup. The music people for these two movies generally know what the fuck they are doing. And those fight night entrance sequences are fucking dope

Pumped to see if they develop the wood Harris storyline in the next one. I think that character and that relationship has all kinds of potential. This movie was just a hiccup. That dude been training champions because he's a tough gritty motherfucker. The creed Rocky story is now about Rocky phasing out. And they set all this up whether they realize it or not.

I will say that while I love what these moments/scenes were and the style there I don't think they always hit the right notes in terms of what was going on in the overall narratives in the movie and considering it's a tight kind of sequentialist sequel. Dope shit though
Seriously I'm not into boxing at all in real life but if you can't relate to these movies then you've never fought hard for anything difficult in your whole life.

I would love to see childish Gambino in the next one as a smooth moving smooth talking sugar ray robinson Muhammed Ali type. Slipping everybody then busting your shit not breaking a sweat then fucking like 5 bitches at once after talking a ton of smooth shit on camera living life like a big fucking willy. Maybe Ghostface is a little too far but a very smooth but fierce dude.
Last edited by ric on Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ric

Post by ric »

Here's your creed 3 right here
Movie opens in the past. Little dude on the streets fighting with motherfuckers. His ass gets kicked but he scrapes out alive by dodging shit. He's all sliding around and shit. Fast forward now he's a smooth talking motherfucker slipping dudes and knocking dudes out in a flurry of fists. The intensity is shown to conjure up the old feeling s even as he knocks out a motherfucker. Shit is deep.

Now we're with creed. Life is falling apart all around him and he still doesn't know how to deal with his wife getting big and his daughter being deaf. Rocky is too fucking old all falling asleep and shit. He approaches wood like yo train me. Woods like yo I did train you but you only listen to Rocky. I know you have heart but I've trained 4 champs before you and with my dad a couple other champs and you're still virginal and shit. You're too big. Champs are champs because theyre growth oriented and shit

Creed is pissed and it's not cool. But he's gotta figure out what kind of maxims he's going to put out into the world. Eventually he realizes he needs to ride with his people but that takes a lot of screen time. They got his back but he's being a destructive little bitch.

Meanwhile childish Gambino is scary because his shits so good and it's not hard for him physically. Adonis watches him fight and he sees something in him that scares him. Childish Gambino straight disses wood Harris all throughout the movie. There's history there. We get to explore wood Harris as a fighter before he was a trainer.

Creed eventually supports his people in the only way he knows and that'll feel good enough at the end of the movie.

The fight swirls like this. Creed fights other dudes instead of this dude and childish Gambino calls creed a bitch because he's the obvious #1 contender. In all this fighting other dudes creed and wood learn to trust each other and wood knows how scary this dude is. Eventually creed comes out and either smokes shit or gets knocked out. If knocked out its an epic creed 4 because now he's grown into the foundation and we get see what he does with the foundation and how dope that rematch is.

On woods direction creed trains in the motherfucking ghetto as a way of owning his, Gambino, and wood Harris past. These ghetto kids aren't fucking scared of the world champ just like creed can't be scared of Gambino or his wife or his daughter or of losing Rocky who attends the fight and gives wood and creed his blessing. Maybe creeds mom dies so he can't rely on her foundation and loyal support. Amazing rap music ensues.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

apparently the young bwoi Michael B thinks he can hang with roy jones jr in a real boxing ring. which means there will be no creed 3.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

ric

Post by ric »

@malek
I don't know man sylvesters son was a pro boxer in part because dude trained for Rocky by actually doing some pro boxing. In the modern era this shit seems to make perfect sense. At least dude calling Roy out and believing in himself. I mean Roy Jones Jr. Lulz. That's a fucking machine.

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

I have no doubt dude can hang in the ring with an avg club fighter. But we're talking about an arguable GOAT. I mean compare mayweather at 40 vs a pro fighter from ufc, no competition. RJJ at 50 vs a non-fighter? RIP.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

He would literally be murdered lol

CarlosDelgothoes

yup

corny, wack and worst of all, boring.

alpha

Post by alpha »

2.5/4. Out of the 8 total films in the franchise I’d have it in 4th place.