Curb Season 9

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

tehgiftofgab

Curb Season 9

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Has no one watched this?? I mean the place is called curb your enthusiasm lol I’m shocked there’s no thread on it

Anyway, not sure how I felt about the first episode... was a little weird at first watching it in 1080p (I’m assuming that’s why it was so crystal clear or filmed with a different camera at least) but also it seemed like the jokes were a little forced at times. I might be judging too harshly and being a little over critical, ill have to watch another time or two and see how the rest of the episodes turn out

Comedy Quaddafi

Re: Curb Season 9

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

I didn't get that feeling. To me it felt like Larry never left, right from the first scene.

Love what appears to be the general narrative of the season. Very excited to see where he goes with it, and in particular how far he goes.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

alpha

Post by alpha »

Pretty good

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

I loved the first ep. Was pumped when I saw leon lampin in the guest house.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

9/10 ep. rewatch. The scenes with the lesbian and leon were top notch

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

glad to hear these reviews, the more i thought about it, the more i think i was being over analytical

gonna watch again tonight

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

there's no denying its a bit more over the top than the earlier seasons and some of the stuff is a little forced but it still holds up. the premise for the new season has great potential as well

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

Quality programming.

an-also

Post by an-also »

Episode 2 was one of the best curb episodes I've ever seen. Jesus christ so much happened. I gotta watch it again to make sure I caught everything.

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Yea after rewatching last week and then last nights I am all in. They haven’t missed a beat, I hope they do a season 10 right after but I doubt it lol

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

tehgiftofgab wrote:Yea after rewatching last week and then last nights I am all in. They haven’t missed a beat, I hope they do a season 10 right after but I doubt it lol
I saw Richard Lewis live on Saturday and he mentioned how they're all game for another season and that Larry admits he can't pause for 5 years. I think they'll know out 1-2 more seasons and call it quits.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

the fatwa boys was fucking CLASSIC curb... Cheryl calling Ted "T" for some reason had me rewinding like 10 times... idk why I found that so funny... I just think the idea of ted thinking he's so cool and hip and then being called "T" was just killer comedy after the scene with Larry and Mary... I find myself looking forward to Sunday's more than I did for the new Game of Thrones that's for sure... maybe not quite as good as tent pants or the one with the wrestler :rofl: or some other classics but this has to be the best comedy on TV right now...

also definitely not a good season to introduce somebody to the show but for the diehards that know what they're watching this is top tier
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

these dudes got Salmon Rushdie....LOL That shit was gold haha.
http://www.soundcloud.com/rafael-jesus-martinez" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

perabigail

Post by perabigail »

first episode was ehhh..

second episode was really funny

third episode was fucking hilarious. so glad this is back. when the cop called the restaurant manager out on not answering any of his questions i was dying.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

thought last night's episode was the weakest of the season thus far. had some good parts but overall it was kinda meh. missed some golden opportunities to capitalize on, especially w the real estate agent plotline

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

thoroughly enjoyed all the scenes with BC.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

I agree that last ep was the weakest so far. But I still enjoyed it. All scenes with Walter were great.

the dead poet

Post by the dead poet »

also how many times has larry shit on funkhouser when he's burring a loved one now? 3-4 times? lol.

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Garbage women banter with Richard Lewis was incredible. Great episode, even Chet Haze couldn't ruin it.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

oh man, Susie killed it.

gusty wingers

Post by gusty wingers »

throwing on the new episode now... twitter reactions off quick non spoiler glance is pretty pretty pretty good...
Bury me with the Sergio Tacchini on

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

Another fantastic episode, not to sound morbid but I was thinking about it the other day how lucky we are that at their ages and how far between seasons we haven’t lost any main actors from the show

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

possibly the best of the season.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

My favorite episodes are the ones where he feels like a direct combo of Jerry and George and you can see it as an episode of Seinfeld.

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

is hard to believe the show has been on the air for 17 years. but not really cause 9 seasons

:larry:

Harry Hater

Post by Harry Hater »

Last episode when Suzy told him he should foster a child, the way Larry laughed. Someone please gif it

tehgiftofgab

Post by tehgiftofgab »

that episode was amazing... it saddens me deeply that next week is the finale.