Joker

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Comedy Quaddafi

Joker

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Been anticipating this since the first trailer came out a few months ago.

I'm excited that its an R-rated movie and it looks like it works as a stand alone for people who aren't usually interested in comic book films.

Also the trailer alone really seems to piss off the most annoying kind of people:

Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

admiral

Re: Joker

Post by admiral »

So cysed for this - just a cherry on top that it'll make all of these pearl clutching assholes angry

Comedy Quaddafi

Post by Comedy Quaddafi »

Its weird how this became a culture war phenomenon before even being released with people going nuts on the internet and outbidding each other in strange performative outrage with the director willingly fanning the flames. The actual film is not really what a lot of hysterics wanted it to be and *knock on wood* the "incel shooting" that the media is disgustingly cheering for hasn't happened.

All that aside its an excellent film which is all that should matter. It appeals to viewers like me but will alienate people who were looking for something a bit more light and plot driven. Phoenix is what makes it all work in the end and the film hinges on his strong performance. Kermode gives it 4/5 and that seems right to me.
Whether to Jason of Philaflava or John Podesta, I will speak my fucking perspective openly
- MB

Beastly Swagger

Post by Beastly Swagger »

Meh, it's just The Master w/ facepaint.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

I saw someone call this a glorified KORN video with a DeNiro guest cameo :lol: