Swingers is an average movie.

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

blessingindisguise wrote:That dude from PCU and that one show I don't know him personally but I know the dude. But I read your post on the second page Icesickle and you're implying you think all Blacks are a certain way then you're mistaken. You act like Blacks can't be well-spoken, intelligent, and hold down good jobs. Corporations like Sprite, AOL, etc. have many Black executives. Admit that was a racist comment thinly veiled in your reply on the second page and be a man. I mean, You know it was, why not man up to it already?

"about as Black as you are.."

I guess stereotypes determine ones Blackness ugh? You're an idiot.
Are you joking?

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Tariq's Dilemma wrote:^^^

Jesus your an idiot. You try to argue a point by arguing something entirely different.
Are you kidding too? You can't see how that would be an analogous situation, one which plays off my comparison of Swingers to Clueless?

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Cleanhobo wrote:
Icesickle wrote:I'm saying the general population gravitates toward movies/tv shows/etc. that validates themselves and makes themselves and their racial/economic/ethnic group look good. (And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure minority viewership of the PGA tour went up after Tiger Woods started on the scene.)

Like some people in this thread have said, what I'm saying is common sense. I feel like I'm teaching Cultural Studies 101, albeit badly.

Here's a quick quiz - I'm sure everyone will come up with the same answer.

Becky Bozworth is a 18 year old blond haired, blue eyed girl WASP who lives in Orange County, California in a $2 Million house. Her father is a corporate lawyer, her mother is vice president of a advertising company. She sits down one night to watch TV. Ranked from #1-#4, what shows do you think she'll be more likely to watch (i.e. the majority of Beckys would watch):

A)The OC
B)Sex in the City
C)King of Queens
D)Girlfriends
If you understand it's common sense, why spend your ENTIRE DAY ARGUING THIS BULLSHIT?
Because someone didn't understand it, and thought I was just making it up. I have a lot of time on my hands at work and thought I'd clear it up via an example. No need to try to joke me for it; save those kinds of dangerously witty retorts for your script.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Icesickle wrote:
Cleanhobo wrote:
Icesickle wrote:I'm saying the general population gravitates toward movies/tv shows/etc. that validates themselves and makes themselves and their racial/economic/ethnic group look good. (And there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure minority viewership of the PGA tour went up after Tiger Woods started on the scene.)

Like some people in this thread have said, what I'm saying is common sense. I feel like I'm teaching Cultural Studies 101, albeit badly.

Becky Bozworth is a 18 year old blond haired, blue eyed girl WASP who lives in Orange County, California in a $2 Million house. Her father is a corporate lawyer, her mother is vice president of a advertising company. She sits down one night to watch TV. Ranked from #1-#4, what shows do you think she'll be more likely to watch (i.e. the majority of Beckys would watch):

A)The OC
B)Sex in the City
C)King of Queens
D)Girlfriends
If you understand it's common sense, why spend your ENTIRE DAY ARGUING THIS BULLSHIT?
Because someone didn't understand it, and thought I was just making it up. I have a lot of time on my hands at work and thought I'd clear it up via an example. No need to try to joke me for it; save those kinds of dangerously witty retorts for your script.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Ethix Skeptro
Location: 416-905, Creataz 4cefield, Hollow Erf, K2, Killamanjaro, Ararat, Taigetos & Pindus Mts

Post by Ethix Skeptro »

Cleanhobo wrote:

A)The OC
B)Sex in the City
C)King of Queens
D)Girlfriends

I got a quiz for you, Ice...

74 registered Philaflava users are logged on at 11:27 in the a.m. At 11:30, all 74 users stumble upon a post dedicated to the movie Swingers. They spend twenty minutes skimming through all three pages of the thread, and at 11:50 they all decide to log off.

At 12:00 noon they all think to themselves, "damn that guy was a fuckin' idiot."

Who was the "idiot" they were all thinking of?

A.) Icesickle
B.) Icesickle
C.) Icesickle
D.) Ethix Skeptro
E)?

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Ethix Skeptro wrote:
Cleanhobo wrote:

A)The OC
B)Sex in the City
C)King of Queens
D)Girlfriends

I got a quiz for you, Ice...

74 registered Philaflava users are logged on at 11:27 in the a.m. At 11:30, all 74 users stumble upon a post dedicated to the movie Swingers. They spend twenty minutes skimming through all three pages of the thread, and at 11:50 they all decide to log off.

At 12:00 noon they all think to themselves, "damn that guy was a fuckin' idiot."

Who was the "idiot" they were all thinking of?

A.) Icesickle
B.) Icesickle
C.) Icesickle
D.) Ethix Skeptro
E)?
Thix Skeptro, yes.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Cleanhobo wrote:
Icesickle wrote:
Cleanhobo wrote:

A)The OC
B)Sex in the City
C)King of Queens
D)Girlfriends
:sad:

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

icesickle, do me a favor, at 10 pm, get whatever friends you have, and decide to take a light night drive to vegas. if you've never even been to vegas, you shouldn't even began to fathom swingers... u obviously don't go out from club to club and party to party hitting on women...do these things first, and than go rewatch swingers...it's a straight up guy movie...something you obviously cannot relate to.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

i tried to watch it again last night, but i couldnt do it. watched PCU instead. i just cant get into swingers.

FreshShabazz

Post by FreshShabazz »

Why is this thread 4 pages, someone fill me in... I'm too lazy to read the entire thing.

"the hardest thing is to forgive, but God does/ even if you've murdered and robbed, yeah it's wrong, but God loves/ take one step towards him, he takes two towards you/ even when all else fails God supports you."

The_Kernel

Post by The_Kernel »

FreshShabazz wrote:Why is this thread 4 pages, someone fill me in... I'm too lazy to read the entire thing.
icesickle

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

No, I'm not joking Icesickle.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

FreshShabazz wrote:Why is this thread 4 pages, someone fill me in... I'm too lazy to read the entire thing.

i said swingers was an average movie, then arguments about race, and gender and spaceman shit popped off....you know, typical philaflava discussions., haha

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Nl5H wrote:icesickle, do me a favor, at 10 pm, get whatever friends you have, and decide to take a light night drive to vegas. if you've never even been to vegas, you shouldn't even began to fathom swingers... u obviously don't go out from club to club and party to party hitting on women...do these things first, and than go rewatch swingers...it's a straight up guy movie...something you obviously cannot relate to.
Everyone that doesn't like Swingers hasn't gone to a club to hit on women?

I got a girl to strip on a pole in a metro train last week with my boys. They don't have trains in Vegas.

And for the last time, I like the movie. I just don't get hyped up and think it's the 90s Animal House like some people.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

blessingindisguise wrote:No, I'm not joking Icesickle.
I'm not that way at all man.

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

Ok, cause it came off that way. Appreciate you clearing that up.

A__TRAIN

Post by A__TRAIN »

I thought that movie was soo dope. "I wish they still had fighting in this game so I could bitch slap Wayne!"

ahh who cares this thread is dead anyways

bostaff skillz

Post by bostaff skillz »

This movie is fucking dope.
END OF STORY!