To All The UK People

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

manwhore

To All The UK People

Post by manwhore »

what the fucks going on in your country when a freakin ringtone gets the number one billboard spot???

CRAZY FROG?!?!?

NUMBER ONE!?!?!?

i hope and pray it doesnt happen where i live.

but it wouldnt surprise me

tpp

Post by tpp »

BI BIIIIIBIBIBIBE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's strange cos as much as the crazy frog is on in every advert break now, I still have yet to hear anyone with it as their ringtone. I don't understand how they are making money.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

tpp wrote:BI BIIIIIBIBIBIBE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's strange cos as much as the crazy frog is on in every advert break now, I still have yet to hear anyone with it as their ringtone. I don't understand how they are making money.
Yeah, the ads have moved from wilderness cable channels to ITV primetime, its madness.

Its just another sign of the dumbing down of entertainment in this country - its quite depressing. Anyway, better dash - Celebrity Love Islands just started. :megaman:

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

yeah i havnt heard anyone with it as a ringtone, but everyone knows what it is.

my girlfriends little brother (12) says that at school all the kids know all the ringtones on those ads and sing and dance to them. thats where they are making the money, they're badgering their parents for them. its all young teenage kids with mobile phones that have those sort of shit ringtones.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Also, bear in mind that you don't really need to sell a lot of singles/ringtones to get to number one in the charts these days*.

(*I think. Theres all this download chart malarkey now I think... I haven't watched Top Of The Pops since Paul Hardcastle did the theme tune)

Menace To Sobriety

Post by Menace To Sobriety »

Well it kept Coldplay off the top spot

so the lesser of two evils really

2root2

Post by 2root2 »

good job i stick to the bbc then.

De Seven Free

Post by De Seven Free »

Y@k Bollocks wrote:Its just another sign of the dumbing down of entertainment in this country - its quite depressing.
Word. Cultural nadir. I'm pretty sure the people coming up with a lot of the very popular stuff in this country (pop music, ringtones, TV) are knowingly trying to create things a dreadful as possible.

They must be pissing themselves, like "tell you what, think of the dullest, most middle-of-the-road pop song from the eighties you can. Right, now run it through a bandpass filter so you just get the vocals sounding all muffled. Now play the chords with this generic trance sound on your synth and put a house beat on it"... "That sounds terrible"... "I know, we're gonna make a fucking mint"

2root2

Post by 2root2 »

De Seven Free wrote:Word. Cultural nadir. I'm pretty sure the people coming up with a lot of the very popular stuff in this country (pop music, ringtones, TV) are knowingly trying to create things a dreadful as possible.
right now i think we're lucky. this lobby to start givng the license fee to commercial channels, and reduce bbc funding is shocking. when that happens my tv flies out of the window.

De Seven Free

Post by De Seven Free »

2root2 wrote:this lobby to start givng the license fee to commercial channels, and reduce bbc funding is shocking. when that happens my tv flies out of the window.
Yep. I've had this debate on another forum, and I take pretty much exactly the same position. Well, maybe I won't be able to sling my telly.

But didn't the BBC indicate a few months back that they would curb their forays into crappy reality TV, and go back to a more oldschool public service style output?

Menace To Sobriety

I take it that we will all be tuning into to watch Johnny Vegas in 'Eighteen Stone of Idiot' on Channel 4 tonight after Big Bro?

I still have some faith in Channel 4 though
there was a very good documentary on last night before BB

'Make Me Normal'
about a school for autistic children

2root2

Post by 2root2 »

De Seven Free wrote:But didn't the BBC indicate a few months back that they would curb their forays into crappy reality TV, and go back to a more oldschool public service style output?
i think they were defending the appointment of the channel 4 bloke, but i welcome that. more attenborough, more holidays in the danger zone, ray mears, storyville, &c.

i love the bbc, they represent everything i love about britain, and are accessable to all of society.

2root2

Post by 2root2 »

Menace To Sobriety wrote:I still have some faith in Channel 4 though
yeah, but they are such a strange, schizophrenic channel. great documentaries, but terrible reality tv.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

tpp wrote:It's strange cos as much as the crazy frog is on in every advert break now, I still have yet to hear anyone with it as their ringtone. I don't understand how they are making money.
I have. Some birds standing in the queue in my local post office, and that damn ringtone goes off. Dumb bitches.

Best believe someone out there is getting rich from all that crappy ringtone stuff.

Menace To Sobriety

Well now that they've decided that they will allow the use of mobile phones on the London Underground

hearing that ringtone

is definitely gonna send people over the edge

tpp

Post by tpp »

SO WHOS GONNA WIN BIG BROTHER THEN?

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

i dunno but i wouldn't mind sorting out that bikini bird with the short brown hair

tpp

Post by tpp »

2root2 wrote: i love the bbc, they represent everything i love about britain, and are accessable to all of society.
. I don't see how you can say this.

The BBC pretty much only shows war documentaries and antiques shows nowadays. It has gone so downhill its a joke. They can't appeal to the proles with the trash TV that ITV can churn out nowadays (Celebrity Love Island), and Channel 4 manages to have most young people hooked while at the same time producing quality documentaries (Yeah I saw that autism one last night too).

On a different note, I would have loved to be in the room when whoever pitched their idea for "Celebrities Love Island"......how the fuck did they ever think it would be interesting. I think that the only way this show could possibly have happened, is if the celebrities pay is scaled so if they get with each other they get more. Otherwise they are just getting paid for doing absolutely nothing in paradise, making them feel like they are actually famous.

Seriously though, I feel that this obession with celebrity is getting out of control. Magazines like "Heat" must be destroying peoples minds because I cannot believe people can take this television show seriously.

2root2

Post by 2root2 »

tpp wrote:
2root2 wrote: i love the bbc, they represent everything i love about britain, and are accessable to all of society.
. I don't see how you can say this.

The BBC pretty much only shows war documentaries and antiques shows nowadays. It has gone so downhill its a joke. They can't appeal to the proles with the trash TV that ITV can churn out nowadays (Celebrity Love Island), and Channel 4 manages to have most young people hooked while at the same time producing quality documentaries (Yeah I saw that autism one last night too).
bbc1, bbc2, bbc3, bbc4. radio1, radio2, radio3, radio4, five live, radio scotland, bbc news, 1xtra, 6 music, bbc 7.

attenborough, holidays in the danger zone, ray mears, storyville, &c. they fund film in this country. the soul deep season on bbc4. the beethoven season on bbc4. c4 has most young people hooked? on what exactly? big brother? and that makes that worthwhile?

don't get me wrong, i like half of c4's content, but when it comes to depth of worthwhile content they just can't compete.

tpp

Post by tpp »

actually you have a good point about the radio. but I really struggle to find something I want to watch on BBC1/2 now that isn't eastenders.

2root2

Post by 2root2 »

tpp wrote:actually you have a good point about the radio. but I really struggle to find something I want to watch on BBC1/2 now that isn't eastenders.
yeah, rarely watch bbc1 unles it's football or a movie, but bbc4 is fucking great.

i don't like doctor who, but on cable the bbc are offering on demand viewings of the entire series to date. for free. they rock.

zizek

Post by zizek »

If you're over there in Britain, can you please kill Coldplay for us? Thanks.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Crazy frog VS the frog chorus by Paul McCartney.

Which is worse..?

Menace To Sobriety

zizek wrote:If you're over there in Britain, can you please kill Coldplay for us? Thanks.

no problem, they are playing at Live Aid as are Keane
so hopefully will kill two birds with one stone
Last edited by Menace To Sobriety on Fri Jun 03, 2005 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

I Drive A Lexus wrote:Crazy frog VS the frog chorus by Paul McCartney.

Which is worse..?
Crazy Frog

Andro

Post by Andro »

Is coldplay known as a crappy band?

I kind of like their song on the garden state sountrack but I've never heard anything else. Why are they so bad?

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

This is like a thread from an alternate dimension PhilaFlava where everything is familiar, but just a little off.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Typical of us having Crazy Frog number one. The charts are a joke in the UK now anyway.

HomieDontPlayDat

Post by HomieDontPlayDat »

Y@k Bollocks wrote: Anyway, better dash - Celebrity Love Islands just started. :megaman:

Hahahaha.

I quite like Celebrity Love Island. Well, now that Big Brother's started I haven't watched it, but...it's quite entertaining. I guess I am gay.

Speaking of gay, how about that Big Brother? Why are there three very camp men on it? And of the four 'straight' men, why are two of them taking off their shirts and sitting on each others' backs rubbing suntan lotion on each other?
When there are girls like Saskia in there who just need a good old fashioned fucking, why did they not put someone in there who can do it, so I can watch and fuck vicariously through him?
Kalel wrote:I know a thing or two about fine ass pinot noirs

cuntface

Post by cuntface »

Menace To Sobriety wrote:Well now that they've decided that they will allow the use of mobile phones on the London Underground

hearing that ringtone

is definitely gonna send people over the edge
how you mean? as far as i know mobiles have always been allowed on the underground. they just don't work though.

as far as crazy frog has any of you heard the bashment version by loc?