Bruce Motherfucking Campbell Is Coming to Dayton, OH

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

cascarrabias

Bruce Motherfucking Campbell Is Coming to Dayton, OH

Post by cascarrabias »

Ohio heads and Bruce Campbell fanatics. Peep this.

Bruce Campbell is coming to introduce his directorial debut (imdb link here) called The Man with the Screaming Brain at the Neon in Dayton, Ohio.

Tickets are $10 and they went on sale today. You can't buy or reserve tickets over the phone.

Come get some.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

Ten fucking dollars?

God damn, if I wasnt dead broke, I'd make the venture

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

Bruce is the man.

squ1d

Post by squ1d »

HopeLess wrote:Bruce is the man.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

The jaw, the king, the legend.

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

Andvil wrote:Ten fucking dollars?

I will buy you a ticket if you come (no homo).

some chick

Post by some chick »

When is it?

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

Friday, June 24. 10 p.m.

Dayton, Ohio. www.neonmovies.com has directions.

If you go to Bruce Campbell's official site he's touring the country with his new book.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

cascarrabias wrote:
Andvil wrote:Ten fucking dollars?

I will buy you a ticket if you come (no homo).
I appreciate that

I was gonna ask you when it was too......
I dont think I could make plans that far in advance.....I just got a new job that starts around then.
I'm gonna have to wait and see what happens

EDIT:::
wait a sec.....he's touring for his book, is he also showing his movie on all those dates?? or just on that one date, on the 24th? cause that date isnt listed.......If he IS showing his movie, I could probably just hit up Pittsburgh

fuck I dont know....like I said, I gotta wait and see what happens

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

I've got a show on the 24th, so any pipedream of my somehow making it to this is gone. I found this review over at ainticoolnews.com:

****POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT*****

I was one of the lucky few to get a seat in the "West Coast premiere" of Bruce Campbell's Man with the Screaming Brain at the recent Fangoria Weekend of Horrors in Burbank. The screening room at first seemed less than ideal, as it was a small conference room that held maybe 50 people tops, and used an old school LCD projector, but it ended up being a great experience.

Bruce was on hand to introduce the film, and brought out a surprise guest Ted Raimi (who co-stars) to help get the crowd fired up, and they both did a great job. After a brief and fun contest to win Man with the Screaming Brain posters, the movie was shown.

It started off a little rough for me, as it was hard to get into the characters and wooden acting. Bruce wrote, directed and starred in this insane film, and I thought at first he'd bombed big time. The low budget showed, and it looked exactly like what it was, a made for TV (Sci-fi channel) movie. Bruce plays William Cole, a rich American businessman who travels with his wife to a Bulgaria with the purpose of investing in a subway system in the city. We're introduced to Yegor, a street smart cab driver with former KGB ties, who takes the couple on quite a ride.

In a side story, Stacy Keach and Ted Raimi play a scientist and assistant working on a formula to prevent rejection of transplanted cells, which comes into play in a big way later in the story. Stacy Keach is great as the doctor, and while he seems to have a few screws loose, we come to find out soon that pretty much everyone in the story is totally nuts.

Speaking of nuts, Ted Raimi is just out of control in this movie, and I mean that in the best way. His character of Pavel is a total goofball, with dreams of being hip and modern. He drinks red bull, wears his hat to the side and even has a horrific DJ/Rap sequence involving an android that brought the house down.

My worries about the movie were demolished once William Cole (and Yegor) are introduced first hand to the serum, and the movie kicks into high gear, and I mean REALLY high gear. This movie has more mayhem, weirdness and strange fight scenes than anything I've seen in years. Bruce does more physical comedy than I've seen him do in any film (yes, even more than Evil Dead 2), and he really throws himself into the role, literally.

There are some great sight gags in the film, and the jokes are pretty much non-stop once the momentum gets going. I wasn't prepared for how much fun the movie is, and it really reminded me of the slapstick film making that became Sam Raimi's trademark.

The best way I could describe this movie is a cross between the Three Stooges, Frankenstein, All of Me and Re-Animator. I laughed out loud many times, and I can't wait to see it at the next screening in Sacramento. The crowd ate it up, and I bet it'll be nuts seeing it in a full theater.

I think the most exciting thing about this movie is seeing that Bruce Campbell has the skills to create his own films, with the comic timing and sensibilities that perfectly compliment his personal. I'm anxious to see what he has in store next.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

All Of Me is one of my favorite Steve Martin movies.
ImageImage
ImageImage

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

Sankofa wrote:I've got a show on the 24th, so any pipedream of my somehow making it to this is gone. I found this review over at ainticoolnews.com:

****POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT*****

I was one of the lucky few to get a seat in the "West Coast premiere" of Bruce Campbell's Man with the Screaming Brain at the recent Fangoria Weekend of Horrors in Burbank. The screening room at first seemed less than ideal, as it was a small conference room that held maybe 50 people tops, and used an old school LCD projector, but it ended up being a great experience.

Bruce was on hand to introduce the film, and brought out a surprise guest Ted Raimi (who co-stars) to help get the crowd fired up, and they both did a great job. After a brief and fun contest to win Man with the Screaming Brain posters, the movie was shown.

It started off a little rough for me, as it was hard to get into the characters and wooden acting. Bruce wrote, directed and starred in this insane film, and I thought at first he'd bombed big time. The low budget showed, and it looked exactly like what it was, a made for TV (Sci-fi channel) movie. Bruce plays William Cole, a rich American businessman who travels with his wife to a Bulgaria with the purpose of investing in a subway system in the city. We're introduced to Yegor, a street smart cab driver with former KGB ties, who takes the couple on quite a ride.

In a side story, Stacy Keach and Ted Raimi play a scientist and assistant working on a formula to prevent rejection of transplanted cells, which comes into play in a big way later in the story. Stacy Keach is great as the doctor, and while he seems to have a few screws loose, we come to find out soon that pretty much everyone in the story is totally nuts.

Speaking of nuts, Ted Raimi is just out of control in this movie, and I mean that in the best way. His character of Pavel is a total goofball, with dreams of being hip and modern. He drinks red bull, wears his hat to the side and even has a horrific DJ/Rap sequence involving an android that brought the house down.

My worries about the movie were demolished once William Cole (and Yegor) are introduced first hand to the serum, and the movie kicks into high gear, and I mean REALLY high gear. This movie has more mayhem, weirdness and strange fight scenes than anything I've seen in years. Bruce does more physical comedy than I've seen him do in any film (yes, even more than Evil Dead 2), and he really throws himself into the role, literally.

There are some great sight gags in the film, and the jokes are pretty much non-stop once the momentum gets going. I wasn't prepared for how much fun the movie is, and it really reminded me of the slapstick film making that became Sam Raimi's trademark.

The best way I could describe this movie is a cross between the Three Stooges, Frankenstein, All of Me and Re-Animator. I laughed out loud many times, and I can't wait to see it at the next screening in Sacramento. The crowd ate it up, and I bet it'll be nuts seeing it in a full theater.

I think the most exciting thing about this movie is seeing that Bruce Campbell has the skills to create his own films, with the comic timing and sensibilities that perfectly compliment his personal. I'm anxious to see what he has in store next.

this sounds FUCKING AWESOME!