No More Oldies in Chicago & NYC?!?!?!!!

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

No More Oldies in Chicago & NYC?!?!?!!!

Post by Smooth Lou »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... nworld-hed

This article says that Infiniti has changed Chicago's "Oldies" station, WJMK 104.3 and NYC's 101.1, two stations famed for their classic top 40 selections from the past, into, well... another trash "hits from the 70's, 80's, 90's and today" station!!!

BOOOOOOO!!! I'm so fuckin' pissed I can't even tell you. Dick Biondi (for all you Chicago heads in the know) must be rolling over in his grave... well, I mean if he was dead. But since he's not, he will be now. Just devastating.

Genitalia Jones

Post by Genitalia Jones »

all i listen to on the radio is npr and the oldies stations. any other broadcasters are garbage.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Gentle Jones wrote:all i listen to on the radio is npr and the oldies stations. any other broadcasters are garbage.
Dude. Dick Biondi is a fucking institution in Chicago. He's been a disk jockey since the fucking 50's, when oldies were newies, and now they just gave him the fucking heave-ho. I'm so pissed about this I can't even tell you. *shakes fist at planet Earth* Damn you Earth!!!

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

It's a sad day when you can't turn the dial and find some motown.

Fuck Clear Channel. Fuck Infinity Broadcasting.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Kid B

Post by Kid B »

:naswtf: No Q104.3? That's the only thing on the dial I check for besides WBAI for the Underground Railroad. Further proof that satellite radio is the future.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

Kid B wrote::naswtf: No Q104.3? That's the only thing on the dial I check for besides WBAI for the Underground Railroad. Further proof that satellite radio is the future.
Yep. When Howard goes, I'm going. And I'm never ever ever looking back.

Kid B

Post by Kid B »

Smooth Lou wrote:
Kid B wrote::naswtf: No Q104.3? That's the only thing on the dial I check for besides WBAI for the Underground Railroad. Further proof that satellite radio is the future.
Yep. When Howard goes, I'm going. And I'm never ever ever looking back.
Word. I already have the XM equipment in the whip. Howard is on Sirius though so if I do end up subscribing, it'll be O&A.

phil connors

Post by phil connors »

youve gotta be kidding me. :sad:

101.1 is the only reason i listened to the radio

now where am i going to hear some oldies?