What past genre's are due for a comeback?/Punk and HipHop

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

blessingindisguise

What past genre's are due for a comeback?/Punk and HipHop

Post by blessingindisguise »

We all know things come around and be kinda popular again. So do you think any genres of the past are gonna come back or are due? Grunge? Shoegazer?

Since NuMetal has been played are their any Punk and Hip-Hop blending the two together anymore? What's your favorite groups from bands trying to blend those two genres together respectively? Peace yo.

Kid B

Re: What past genre's are due for a comeback?/Punk and HipHo

Post by Kid B »

blessingindisguise wrote:We all know things come around and be kinda popular again. So do you think any genres of the past are gonna come back or are due? Grunge? Shoegazer?

Since NuMetal has been played are their any Punk and Hip-Hop blending the two together anymore? What's your favorite groups from bands trying to blend those two genres together respectively? Peace yo.
I'm not certain I understand the question, bid.
Beastie Boys are known for the punk/rap hybrid sound. Check Your Head and Ill Communication best exemplify that.

Candiria is a hardcore metal/jazz/rap fusion band from BK. One of the best things to happen to NYHC. Their cover of Bring The Pain is beyond the intensity that Meth could ever bring. I put one kid up on them and he practically bugged out that the singer was a brother.

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

Kid B wrote: Candiria is a hardcore metal/jazz/rap fusion band from BK. One of the best things to happen to NYHC. Their cover of Bring The Pain is beyond the intensity that Meth could ever bring. I put one kid up on them and he practically bugged out that the singer was a brother.
Where would you suggest starting with this band? album wise?

perhaps upload that "Bring the Pain" cover... sounds dope man.

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Post by Snuggles the DESTROYER »

GM Dizzy Skillespie wrote:
Kid B wrote: Candiria is a hardcore metal/jazz/rap fusion band from BK. One of the best things to happen to NYHC. Their cover of Bring The Pain is beyond the intensity that Meth could ever bring. I put one kid up on them and he practically bugged out that the singer was a brother.
Where would you suggest starting with this band? album wise?

perhaps upload that "Bring the Pain" cover... sounds dope man.

Code: Select all

http://s17.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0AC2RIDMY5K7P055CA4KU0XIX0
I really liked "300 Percent Density", thats the only one I know really well.

"Bring The Pain" was off a 2CD "The C.O.M.A. Imprint"

The also covered "Deep Cover" on
"Too Legit For The Pit: Hardcore Takes The Rap"
which I have never heard.