Takashi Miike's KID'S FANTASY MOVIE?!?!

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Andvil

Takashi Miike's KID'S FANTASY MOVIE?!?!

Post by Andvil »

titled: YOKAI aka THE BIG SPOOK WAR

http://yokai-movie.com/movies/yokai_yokoku_big.wmv

:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh:

my interest has never been more piqued

Useff

Post by Useff »

This looks insane. Will see.

I still have yet to watch Izo, does anyone know how that was?

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Useff wrote:This looks insane. Will see.

I still have yet to watch Izo, does anyone know how that was?
Yes, I do.

It isn't very good.

Bear in mind that I love Miike, and that I have a pretty open mind. Izo, basically, has the best premise of any movie ever, but executes it very poorly. The movie is 2 hours long, and is essentially just Izo popping into some new locale, looking around and then seeing somebody. This person, whoever it is, says something like, "Izo, you shouldn't be here. The Gods are too powerful, go back or you'll regret it." Then Izo says, "Divine retribution!" Then Izo slashes the person in his way and runs into some new locale and meets another person in his way. This continues for two hours.

As for Yokai, did you know that the original Yokai/Great Spook War movies are available on region 1 dvds? I didn't know this until a few months ago. I need to buy these, I always wanted to watch them.

This is volume 2, but the umbrella monster is my favorite, so that's the picture you're getting.

The_Kernel

Post by The_Kernel »

I'm not trying to hate, but I really don't understand people's obsession with japanese cinema. Granted it is intriguing to see Miike's unusual sensibilities directed at making a movie for children, but I've never felt like he was all that great in the first place

Big Lurk

Post by Big Lurk »

*edit* I'm a retard
soon jesus will come and we will all clap
and to the devil we say brap brap brap

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

The_Kernel wrote:I'm not trying to hate, but I really don't understand people's obsession with japanese cinema. Granted it is intriguing to see Miike's unusual sensibilities directed at making a movie for children, but I've never felt like he was all that great in the first place
They bring new ideas and something different to the table. Hollywood is getting very boring if you ask me.

FreshShabazz

Re: Takashi Miike's KID'S FANTASY MOVIE?!?!

Post by FreshShabazz »

Andvil wrote: THE BIG SPOOK WAR
racist.

"the hardest thing is to forgive, but God does/ even if you've murdered and robbed, yeah it's wrong, but God loves/ take one step towards him, he takes two towards you/ even when all else fails God supports you."

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

WOW...reminds me of an RPG or something...

FAZER

Post by FAZER »

That shit looks scary.