Paid in Full

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

OMNI

Paid in Full

Post by OMNI »

I caught this on BET last night, and I was really impressed. It was a really good movie.

I have a feeling that I Drive A Lexus really likes this movie (80s Harlem, Phil Colins, etc.)

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

paid in full is a great movie.

the acting, directing are both good. the story? based on 'po, rich and az. you know it's good. i'm a sucker for cocaine movies/music tho.

cam is hilarious.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

state property 2 is honestly almost as good. i suggest everyone go see that.

OMNI

Post by OMNI »

Cam was amazing. the scene where he pulled the dude out the car and made him run down the street in his boxers was classic.

Nore had funny cameo too

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Very well done flick.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

I actually thought this shit was awful ,but different strokes I assume...

The_Kernel

Post by The_Kernel »

The subject matter was interesting and I liked the 80's atmosphere, but it was weak how they tried to give A's character a hustler-with-a-heart-of-gold angle. It felt like they softened it up for mass appeal. What I really want to see is that Game Over documentary

kato

Post by kato »

Trademark wrote:I actually thought this shit was awful ,but different strokes I assume...

u crazy doggy

Rey Slo

Post by Rey Slo »

Tuck them laces in.

I think we went over this in an old FEDS or DonDiva thread.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

^ Word, this flick has been discussed a few times on here now
and, yes, i'm a fan.
but it was weak how they tried to give A's character a hustler-with-a-heart-of-gold angle.
Well, Azie co-wrote the original screenplay so he wasn't gonna portray himself badly
and rumor has it he was a nice guy.

Anyway, if you did like the movie and you wanna know more then definately check Game Over :

And Azie recently put out a dvd about his rap group Mobstyle, which i've yet to see :

Mobstyle: Now & Then (w/ Bonus DVD)
You've seen "Game Over" and "Paid In Full". Now experience "Mobstyle: Now & Then"

A powerful hard-hitting documentary from the streets of Harlem. The truth about the emergence of gangsta rap and it's impact on the hip-hop culture of today. This story chronicles the lives of Azie, Alpo, and Rich Porter who rose to power, controlling the drug traffic in Harlem and beyond.

Azie, and three other drug lords, took their gangsta lifestyle experiences of drugs, money, power and violence into the recording studio. Thus Gangsta Rap was born. Azie and other legends speak out as to how combining drug life with the entertainment business became a deadly concoction. Azie, the author of Rocafella / Miramax movie Paid in Full and Game Over, allows us to experience Mobstyle, Now and Then.

Features: Azie, Gangster Lou, Pretty Tone, Whip Wop, Dame Dash, Nas, DJ Kay Slay, Uncle Ralph, Fab 5 Freddy, Flavor Flav, Busy Bee, Pat Porter, Wood Harris, Charles Stone III, Star N' Buckwild, Alpo, Cormega, Nature, M$2, and many more speak out!

Mobstyle Running Time: 1 Hour 30 mins. Bonus DVD Running Time: 1 Hour 30 mins.

And this might be of interest too if you like the whole 80s NYC drug kingpin typa thing :

The Original 50 Cent documents the crime-filled life of Kelvin Martin, known on the mean streets of Brooklyn as "50 Cent." He became one of the most infamous criminals during the first wave of crack cocaine that swept across New York. His reputation, cemented by a violent bullet-ridden death, inspired Curtis Jackson who would become the successful rap performer known as 50 Cent. With Eric B., Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson etc.
Last edited by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) on Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Career Over Like Mike(NJJ)

Post by Career Over Like Mike(NJJ) »

Here's the most known Mobstyle cut from back in the day.

Mobstyle-gangster shit.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

I drive a lexus needs his own motherfucking online encyclopedia just full of links uploads and dope info........