Look at Me

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

cascarrabias

Look at Me

Post by cascarrabias »

Pretty damn good.

A lot of French movies are about ordinary people with ordinary problems. In other words boring and at times unnecessary. But this one had a very cynical edge and this great, dark sense of humor. For example...

The film is mostly about the daughter (the girl on the right) of a well-respected author/publisher (the guy on the left). She's trying to be a singer and she has a recital. Right when she starts singing her Dad leaves the room to make a call. Fucking funny.

I recommend it.

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

Sounds about as exciting as Whale Rider. :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage

Captin Planit

Post by Captin Planit »

Not that I agree with the example of Whale Rider, but I hate it when I put myself in a position to watch a movie that I can immediately predict to be a borefest that is not necessarily a bad movie but just horribly slow and uninteresting.

Such as The Housekeeper, which I think stars the same guy. I left the theatre like, "Ok, this movie was actually pretty decent," but I remember not having a good time watching it.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

I really enjoyed Whale Rider.

You guys want to have some fun? Go find the Wiseguy DVD circa Mel(?) Profitt and see Kevin Spacey before he learned how to act. I never thought I'd say Ray Sharkey outdid him, but Sonny Steelgrave was the dopeness.