I just joined netflix...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Dunnnnleavy

I just joined netflix...

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

free trail period for 2 weeks...SHWEET DEAL DEWD!!!!

The Aviator, Alien, and Aliens are all to be shipped tomorrow...

next up after that is Dog Day Afternoon, Bottle Rocket, and Dr. Strangelove!

obviously, i haven't seen any of these yet...so i'm excited

who here has netflix? i'm on the $17.99/3 DVDs at a time plan. is there some catch i should look out for?
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

the only catch you should look out for is that netflix rules. haha. i got class of nuke em high comin tomorrow. my roommates and i are all splitting it, so we each get one at a time. but three totally diferent movies show up cos we all like different shit, so its tight

Butta
la princesa de PF

Post by Butta »

17.99?

Isn't Blockbuster like $15?

Blockbuster gave me 2 months free and a free DVD movie (plus 2 free instore rentals monthly) for dumping Netflix.

woo.

All white people look alike. They're like lighbulbs with shoes. - Squidbillies

"Cause fuck that son...anything dark in your dreams that is not rick james is not a good thing." - My Sister

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

that may be true, but does blockbuster have the same selection that netflix does? thats why i chose netflix. after years of being stuck with blockbusters lackluster selection, i had to opportunity to find mad obscure shitty horror flicks that ida never found at my neighborhood rental spot.

Choke

Post by Choke »

I have friends who've tried blockbuster and didn't like it as much. I think over time Blockbuster might become better, but they're new at this game and Netflix has it DOWN. I'll be sticking with them for a while.
General Interests: Fine herbage! Keepin it real, Jui Ryi Ki Kung-Fu (Blue belt with shuriken certification). Banging the skins with my smokin band 'TwaughtHammer'. European motocross (plan to attend Wheelie School in Vegas this summer). MILF's, MILF's, MILF's, MILF's!

Education: J.P. Wynne High School, DeVRy University data systems management... The STREETS, YO!

Post by 360 »

Word. Netflix is cool. I just got it like 2 months ago. I've been ordering maddd horror flicks.

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

netflix is basically universally preferred to blockbuster by anyone that knows anything about movies.

dr strangelove is a top 5 all time caliber movie. enjoy.
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

It's all about a dvd ripper and some free time.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Netflix is better-better selection and they have more shipping centers (meaning you'll get DVDs the next day).

I ran my free Netflix trial and waited until the Machinist to hit DVD before trying Blockbuster.

Ustimias

Re: I just joined netflix...

Post by Ustimias »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:is there some catch i should look out for?
Only circumstantial, but the more you use Netflix (i.e. the less money they're getting from you), the worse your service will be. They might ship a disc a day or two late, not acknowledge that they received one back, make you wait longer for in-demand DVDs, etc. Light users will get priority over heavy users.

Beek

Re: I just joined netflix...

Post by Beek »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:The Aviator, Alien, and Aliens are all to be shipped tomorrow...

next up after that is Dog Day Afternoon, Bottle Rocket, and Dr. Strangelove!
WTF, are you renting in movies in alphabetical order or something?