Oasis Live

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Masked Terror #1

Oasis Live

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

Just got back from the show. Fuck, these guys rock.

Anyone else catch them on this tour? If you can get tix for when they hit your city, I highly recommend it.

I can't think of another band that does a better job of being melodic and ballsy at the same time. Their music is simultaneously pretty and bad ass. Vibey, slightly psychedelic, mad attitude, decadent, all that shit. Really comes across live in a big way.

These guys are real deal rock stars. Now that I think about it, I can't think of a band from the last 10 years that's doing "mainstream" music that is fucking with them at all.

For real, see this show.

Only bummer was they didn't play D'You Know What I Mean?, one of their certified bangers. First Monster Magnet doesn't play Negasonic Teenage Warhead, now this. :naswtf:

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

Hmm... I thought Oasis was all washed up.

Definitely Maybe and What's the Story are great.

Didn't one of the brothers go on TRL all fucked up on acid or something?

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

There was a funny interview with Noel in the papers last Sunday...

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/omm/stor ... 23,00.html

They left off the bit about Robbie Williams though which was classic.
David Walliams: You're never afraid to slag other people off, but do you really hate them? Do you hate Robbie Williams, say, or just his music ?

Noel Gallagher: He's actually been involved with some good records, but he followed us around for a year. A full fucking year of shit jokes, bad clothes and no fucking crisps left in the dressing room when we came off stage. He was Liam's drinking buddy. It was like Chris Waddle and Glenn Hoddle. [Noel stands to imitate their dancing.] It was like [their song] 'Diamond Lights'. It got on my tits in the end. At the time of Morning Glory, he walked up to my manager and said: 'What are we doing after the gig?' We? Well, we might be going for a curry. You might be tagging along.

DW: He obviously likes you. There's nothing wrong with that.
Hahaha.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

oasis isn't washed up.

their new album is fucking great.

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

cascarrabias wrote:Definitely Maybe and What's the Story are great.
No doubt, those are classics.

The new one, Don't Believe The Truth is really good too.

People dissed Be Here Now because it wasn't another WTSMG?, but it's a dope album in its own right. Highly slept on.

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

Great fucking band. I'll be at their show in September. Now that I think about it I can't think of too many bands from 10 years ago still doing it.

sneed

Post by sneed »

their new cd is :ohsh:

Love Like a Bomb
Lyla
Part of the Queue
Guess God Thinks I'm Able
The Importance of Being Idle
and Turn Up the Sun

have been owning my mp3 player...

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

the new album is OK, not as good as their first two.

Cable, can you reup "Either/Or" for me either here or MP3x? i didnt wanna DL that one you upped without the first 4 songs...that Elliot Smith flood was great though.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

De Seven Free

Post by De Seven Free »

'Wibbling Rivalry', funny interview from 94, that was released as a 7":

Code: Select all

http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=02BDMEJDWPC92RR27R0LML7FQ
"Gettin thrown off a ferry like some fuckin scouse schlepper in handcuffs".

Might go seeing these at Manchester City's new stadium. Not that bothered, but my mate bought a ticket and he's gonna be on holiday.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Oasis diss 50 Cent, Eminem

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/news/05-06/28.shtml#oasis

David Nadelle reports:
Ah, our beloved pop stars can be a coquettish bunch, can't they? One minute they're throwing a tantrum about the lack of gold plated "3 Musketeers" chocolate bars on their back-stage food and drink riders, the next they are pontificating on all sorts of "grown up" matters. After the initial denouncing of the Live 8 shows by many for under-representing minority artists and the subsequent about face of adding more acts, organizer Bob Geldof has once again been getting it; this time from two barrels, as some artists are slamming his project in the press and others are thwarting his organized plans. For instance, noted gentleman and scholar Noel Gallagher was up to his old tricks in discussing the upcoming Live 8 shows. He sung to the media, "Correct me if I'm wrong, but they hoping that one of these guys from the G8 is on a quick 15-minute break at Gleneagles and sees Annie Lennox singing 'Sweet Dreams' and thinks, 'Fuck me, she might have a point there, you know'." And what's a Gallagher quote without mentioning another overblown British band not completely dissimilar to our Manchester heroes, but who of course, "are shite": "Keane doing 'Somewhere Only We Know' and some japanese businessman going, 'Aw, look at him...we should really fucking drop that debt, you know'. It's not going to happen, is it?" Nope, probably not Noel, you know.

It seems time out of the spotlight and a couple of rotten albums in a row hasn't diminished Gallagher's fighting spirit, as he has come out yapping since the release of Oasis' latest album Don't Believe the Truth. Just earlier this week the "quiet brother" (!) from Oasis threw caution to the wind (from many, many miles away) by calling out Eminem and 50 Cent and discussing the ins and outs of hip hop and it's socio-deviant consequences: "I despise hip-hop. I loathe it." Ok, fair enough Noel but you must...wait there's more! "Eminem is an idiot and I find 50 Cent the most distasteful character I have ever crossed in my life. It's so negative. I'm not saying they are directly responsible, but that's how you end up with these gangs of youths stabbing people. Kids are so thick these days. They're easily influenced." God bless his bountiful heart!

Liam then told Canadian Chart Magazine that were they not booked, they'd love to play Live 8. "I'd love to. Y'know why I'd love to do that gig?" he said. "First of all, it's fucking awareness and all that stuff. I just love to go on and do four fucking songs and really fucking rip it up. Come in and fucking bang it with fucking four of your classics. And then walk off, and fucking flick Robbie Williams in the eye and say: 'Follow that you dick!'"