So... did anyone watch Land of the Dead?

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

So... did anyone watch Land of the Dead?

Post by Smooth Lou »

I did.

Everyone I went with hated it, but I rather enjoyed it.

I mean, just based on production values, it blows the other two (never saw Day of the Dead) out of the water, and some of the zombie stuff was amazing.

I was kind of surprised that
SPOILER wrote:The protagonist was white, because he was black in the other two, but by the end, I understood that the protagonist was, indeed, black.
The theme of terrorism and cracka-ass-crackaz being scared of it was pretty good, nothing phenomenal or subtle (like say, Shyamalan's "The Village") about it, but I thought Romero got his point across pretty well.

Did anyone see the cast of Shaun of the Dead? They were rumored to be in this one, but I never saw them.

Also, did anyone think that
SPOILER wrote:the two main guys were brothers? They didn't go into it at all.
I think it was worth the watch. How did you feel about it?

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

I really want to see it, but I'm waiting for my friends to get back from the wilderness before I go.

SuperFeen

Post by SuperFeen »

I thought it was terrible, late night Cinemax quality ish. I didn't expect much out of this movie and I was still disappointed.

Which 2 guys are you talking about? the scarred face guy and the poor-man's Tom Jane? All it said bout them was dude saved the other guy from a bad fire.

squ1d

Post by squ1d »

I saw it yesterday and I enjoyed it very much. Some of it was cheese, but it was Romero quality and he is the O.G.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

i wouldve liked to be scared shitless with any zombie movie but this didnt scare me so that left me a lil dissapointed.

but seeing zombies eat and kill people is worth checkin it out alone.

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Re: So... did anyone watch Land of the Dead?

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

Smooth Lou wrote:
SPOILER wrote:The protagonist was white, because he was black in the other two, but by the end, I understood that the protagonist was, indeed, black.
what are you talkin about? I thought the protagonist was black? was I watching a different movie?

Epitome

Post by Epitome »

I think there should be at least 2 mandatory zombie movies a year.

"I love california. the other day some bum was like "gimme a dollar, I SAID GIMME A DOLLA!!!!!" and I told him to sit down and shut the fuck up. and he did. cause real talk I will knock a bum the fuck out." --BeHemoth

TheEnglishProfessorGuy
Extortionist

Post by TheEnglishProfessorGuy »

btw I liked this alot better than the dawn of the dead remake.

I like the twist they put on this movie. Nice political involvement.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

TheEnglishProfessorGuy wrote:btw I liked this alot better than the dawn of the dead remake.

I like the twist they put on this movie. Nice political involvement.
Sorry dude.

Dawn of the Dead (Remake) shits all over this one, but I liked this one anyway.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

yeah dawn of the dead remake blew this shit away, but not a bad film by any means.... I'm tired of politics being compared to fictional settings episode 3 was the last straw so this one was way late.... not a bad flick but overall nothing to write home about, I would have rather went and saw batman again...

reevolution

Post by reevolution »

Trademark wrote:yeah dawn of the dead remake blew this shit away, but not a bad film by any means.... I'm tired of politics being compared to fictional settings episode 3 was the last straw so this one was way late.... not a bad flick but overall nothing to write home about, I would have rather went and saw batman again...
the entire series of dead movies made by romero (night, dawn, day, land) have been based on politics and racism, that's what sets them apart from all the other zombie movies out there.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

night - racism
dawn - consumerism
day - military super powers

squ1d

Post by squ1d »

^^^ Racism or stereotypes have unsubtly been mixed into all of them though.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

reevolution wrote:
Trademark wrote:yeah dawn of the dead remake blew this shit away, but not a bad film by any means.... I'm tired of politics being compared to fictional settings episode 3 was the last straw so this one was way late.... not a bad flick but overall nothing to write home about, I would have rather went and saw batman again...
the entire series of dead movies made by romero (night, dawn, day, land) have been based on politics and racism, that's what sets them apart from all the other zombie movies out there.

yes, I know this. I WAS SAYING I'm tired of movies being compared to our current situation in Iraq or America in the 2000's in general. I know the other ones have all had deeper meaning and underlying themes but after 1000 movies that have come out this year with the same theme of America is bad Romero was too late... Maybe if it had come out tw odays afte rwe declared war on Iraq it would have been better to me...

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

im gonna go see it soon. i love zombie movies and horror movies in general, especially old b movies, or cult flicks.

i got long island cannibal massacre comin soon on my netflix, as well as cannibal holocaust, and some zombie shit, i forgot the name tho.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

MCrageohol again wrote:im gonna go see it soon. i love zombie movies and horror movies in general, especially old b movies, or cult flicks.

i got long island cannibal massacre comin soon on my netflix, as well as cannibal holocaust, and some zombie shit, i forgot the name tho.
In that case, YOU'LL FUCKING LOVE THIS MOVIE.

Niko

Post by Niko »

Eh, it was alright. I enjoyed myself, though.