Enough Tom Cruise already...

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Enough Tom Cruise already...

Post by Philaflava »

Yeah, I know this thread isn't helping matters but I gotta vent somehow.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html

Read that and get disgusted.

Look, I think he's a great actor but he is also the world's most annoying actor too. Fuck Katie, fuck his L. Ron Hubbard Scientology. The Spielberg movie looks cool, but fuck all his press junkets. Fuck his beefin' with Matt Lauer and his water in the face incident.

And it's not that really disagree with him on the fact there maybe aliens, it's just how he fucking is so sure of everything he says.
Asked in an interview with the tabloid daily Bild if he believed in aliens, Cruise said: "Yes, of course. Are you really so arrogant as to believe we are alone in this universe?

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

When I feel something is wack and overhyped, I find it best to not comment on them-one less voice in the throng type. I'm with you though, but I never was a Cruise fan. Oddly enough, I agree with Cruise that there's a pretty good chance aliens exist. I wouldn't put it so (ironically enough) arrogantly.

Kid B

Post by Kid B »

I turned on the news today oh boy
Tom Cruise said that chemical imbalances don't exist
Meanwhile the fool jumps up out his chair on national television like Jim Carrey hopped up on crystal meth

Shup Diddy
Nigga, Shup

Post by Shup Diddy »

4 words.

post mid-life crisis.

Kid B

Post by Kid B »

Sonic Astonishment wrote:4 words.

post mid-life crisis.
thats whats up

FreshShabazz

Post by FreshShabazz »

Tell me why this nigga (pun intended) was on BET's 106 and park for like an hour last week?

Why are black people so eager to promote a movie with, as far as I can tell, no prominent roles for black people?

"the hardest thing is to forgive, but God does/ even if you've murdered and robbed, yeah it's wrong, but God loves/ take one step towards him, he takes two towards you/ even when all else fails God supports you."

None

Post by None »

FreshShabazz wrote:Tell me why this nigga (pun intended) was on BET's 106 and park for like an hour last week?

Why are black people so eager to promote a movie with, as far as I can tell, no prominent roles for black people?
Viacom

and yeah fuck him

Lance Goodthrust

Post by Lance Goodthrust »

When I saw these alien headlines today I was praying that he was going to spill the beans and talk about how aliens are responsible for humans. From everything I hear this is a Scientology secret you only learn high in the ranks. That shit would have been fantastic.

And word to Kid B. Its like this motherfucker just got off his meds three months ago and is starting to wild out.

All that being said, I am really enjoying the new Tom Cruise.

dudley dawson

Post by dudley dawson »

Lance Goodthrust wrote:When I saw these alien headlines today I was praying that he was going to spill the beans and talk about how aliens are responsible for humans. From everything I hear this is a Scientology secret you only learn high in the ranks. That shit would have been fantastic.
if thats true, then sign me up.
thats more believable to me.
tommorow never comes
yesterday never happened
today is a loosely based on a reality thats imagined

The Red Scare

Post by The Red Scare »

what the heck is the point of that article? I mean, its perfectly reasonable to believe that aliens exist.

anyway, I'm getting really annoyed about all this shit regarding Tom Cruise. I think he's a talented actor, but I don't think I'll be able to take him seriously anymore

BlACk EGO

Post by BlACk EGO »

has it not dawned on anyone that we're all talking unusually frequently about tom cruise lately?

can we say pub-lic-i-ty???
nothing to do with scientology, nothing to do with katie holmes...
dude is acting up to get people talking again.....its that simple
ive said form day one this guy is a fucking chump...i hate his movies and i hate him
nicole kidman is a godess and one if the best actresses of all time..it pains me to think of why she would ever love a period soaked douche like him..

anyways fuck a tom cruise

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

With all honesty, I couldn't give two shits about his thoughts and lifestyle. His acting skills are limited too, the same old unconving tantrums and over emphasized eye contact.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

BlACk EGO wrote:nicole kidman is a godess and one if the best actresses of all time...
:lol:

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

FreshShabazz wrote:Tell me why this nigga (pun intended) was on BET's 106 and park for like an hour last week?
BET loves an infomercial.

Nuke
I Hate Blacks & Jews

Post by Nuke »

I can't really hate on Tom Cruise, cause to be perfectly honest... I don't think chemical imbalances exist either. I think all the medication we pump into kids is ridiculous. And adults who assume they need medication are falling for the pharmecutical trap as well. It's a big money-maker and these drug companies make people think that they need these medications. All we're doing is making things worse for the future... we keep fighting every sickness with drugs and all we're doing is making these germs and bacteria stronger the next time around. I don't take medication for anything. If I'm sick, I let my body fight it off. If you're depressed, you don't need medication to fight it... all that's doing is tricking your brain into thinking you feel better. It's the same as smoking a blunt... you feel better, but then you crash... and I'm sure these people who finally decide they don't need the medication crash and then they feel like the medication was actually helping them. If you're depressed... it's your mental state... not a chemical imbalance. And as far as the whole psychologist thing goes... I believe that too... you don't need someone else to tell you what's wrong with you. You need to change your lifestyle... I don't need someone to tell me that I need medication or that I'm feeling a certain way because of something that happened in the past, etc. Maybe people should start listening to what Tom has to say instead of criticizing his views. I don't think he's that far off.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

But I'm still getting tired.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

have you ever known a shizophrenic person?

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i do agree with you to a degree. however...the acknowledgement of imbalances/mental illness is FAR from endorsement of "the pharmecutical trap".

different people benefit from different natural remedies, diets, etc. you shouldn't run to the pharmacy everytime you have a bout of depression. you should however examine why you are feeling that way. if you're depressed/stressed/etc. because you work overtime everyday, never see your family, never exercise, eat fast food everyday...xanax is not going to solve those problems.

more extreme conditions can be dealt with similarly. bottomline...i think you have a lot more control over your own mind and body than a lot of doctors give us credit for.

Nuke
I Hate Blacks & Jews

Post by Nuke »

Cash Rulz wrote:But I'm still getting tired.
You don't have to go to a doctor to get Tired. I haven't gotten Tired in 3 weeks... you better make a purchase ASAP... the second I get off that plane... I better be ready for a coma.

Nuke
I Hate Blacks & Jews

Post by Nuke »

ackbar wrote:have you ever known a shizophrenic person?
My uncle's shizophrenic, but I haven't seen him in years. I'm no doctor... is that actually a chemical imbalance? I would think that's more like something not being "wired" correctly. Or something more significantly wrong than a chemical imbalance. I'm thinking bipolar would be more like a chemical imbalance. And I've known people who say they're bipolar... and I'm sorry... they just have issues that they could easily fix if they chose to... it's more like an excuse in my opinion. I'm probably just as bipolar as those idiots. We all have bad days or we go from being happy to wanting to break shit. It's called life... you ain't bipolar and you don't need medication. Deal with it.

I think your comments in the post below your quote are "right on." You go boyeee!