Opinions On "Sleepers"

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Raphael De La Ghetto

Opinions On "Sleepers"

Post by Raphael De La Ghetto »

I saw this movie a while ago because it had quite a few large names in it. De Niro, Hoffman and Brad Pitt for starters.
I was expecting something amazing, but it turned out to be fairly wack.
I thought this movie was poorly done, and for the most part, porrly acted too.
Also, some flaws in the script (like wouldn't they question the priest for holding out on such an air tight alibi until the end of the trial, when he could ahve saved peoples time and money?)
anyways, even with all of that I still thought this was alright. The scenes with the young kids are best, IMO. The second half of the movie was wack to me.
But, other opinions?[/img]

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

With the disclaimer I saw it about 3 years ago, I remember seeing this flick on the library shelves (having not heard of it), watching it and really enjoying it.

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

I thought it was a pretty good flick.

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

I liked it enough to buy it on DVD for eight bucks.
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

eris

Post by eris »

i really enjoy this movie.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

not bad overall, but some serious flaws...still a watchable movie... I didn't think the acting was that bad???

Lance Goodthrust

Post by Lance Goodthrust »

Overall a good movie and book. Even more interesting when put into the context that the author, Lorenzo Carcaterra, claims the story is factual and he has just changed the names. I don't really buy that part of it but it does lend another dimension to the story.

Choke

Post by Choke »

I like it enough to respond that I like it whenever it's brought up in conversation, but not enough to ever really seek it out to watch.
General Interests: Fine herbage! Keepin it real, Jui Ryi Ki Kung-Fu (Blue belt with shuriken certification). Banging the skins with my smokin band 'TwaughtHammer'. European motocross (plan to attend Wheelie School in Vegas this summer). MILF's, MILF's, MILF's, MILF's!

Education: J.P. Wynne High School, DeVRy University data systems management... The STREETS, YO!

Dids

Post by Dids »

I own this movie, like it a lot.

Hasenfefer

Post by Hasenfefer »

Cleanhobo wrote:I liked it enough to buy it on DVD for six bucks.

BlACk EGO

Post by BlACk EGO »

i saw this movie when i was about 13....about 8 years ago..and it scared the fuck out of me
id never seen a movie that dealt with sex abuse and rape like this before...and it was some intense shit..
i havent seen it since and i keep forgetting to see it again but from what i remember as a youngin it was pretty graphic and scary

Raphael De La Ghetto

BlACk EGO wrote:i saw this movie when i was about 13....about 8 years ago..and it scared the fuck out of me
id never seen a movie that dealt with sex abuse and rape like this before...and it was some intense shit..
i havent seen it since and i keep forgetting to see it again but from what i remember as a youngin it was pretty graphic and scary
Yes, I saw it around when I was 13ish, and thought it was pretty twisted too. The abuse was really fucked up.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Re: Opinions On "Sleepers"

Post by Cash Rulz »

MASTER416 wrote:Also, some flaws in the script (like wouldn't they question the priest for holding out on such an air tight alibi until the end of the trial, when he could ahve saved peoples time and money?)
anyways, even with all of that I still thought this was alright. The scenes with the young kids are best, IMO. The second half of the movie was wack to me.
The prosecution always presents their case first. He had enough time to decide and it fits with the actual presenting order.

I love this flick. Haunting and well done.

Raphael De La Ghetto

Re: Opinions On "Sleepers"

Cash Rulz wrote:
MASTER416 wrote:Also, some flaws in the script (like wouldn't they question the priest for holding out on such an air tight alibi until the end of the trial, when he could ahve saved peoples time and money?)
The prosecution always presents their case first. He had enough time to decide and it fits with the actual presenting order.

I love this flick. Haunting and well done.
Yeah but when you get arrested for murder, don't you think he would have cleared it up then? Also, it takes a while for a case to be brough to court too, he would have had months to simply present what he said, and the evidence.
Although I guess the prosecution could still take them to court and hope to win.