James Bond: Good or Bad? (justify his existence)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

James Bond: Good or Bad? (justify his existence)

Post by Trademark »

seriously is there a need for 15 movies???? I actually don't know if the number is 15 but dude still gets flicks made??? I really enjoy the old ones Moonraker, Man with the golden gun, etc. But seriously shouldn't this shit be retired by now?? Goldeneye was cool but die another day was absolute garbage and I didn't see the one after that...if you love james bond tell me why they should keep making movies about his british ass.... or just give your opinion about him overall....

FoJaR

Post by FoJaR »

the latest bond was OK, but the two before that were shitty like some toilet paper.

my favorite bonds were sean connery and roger moore.

From the land of the UNBANNED

sneed

Post by sneed »

weird, I JUST finished Goldfinger like 5 minutes ago...

GREAT movie, and yes I do think they all serve a purpose, espc since 007 is always changing and technology is growing there will always be a place for him. The last one was dope btw.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

No need to justify his existence. Just based on Dr. No, Connery made him an icon. That said, there's a lot of shitty Bond movies.

jimmy78

Post by jimmy78 »

StormShadow wrote:No need to justify his existence. Just based on Dr. No, Connery made him an icon. That said, there's a lot of shitty Bond movies.
True,

I think they really need to explore Bond himself a little better. With the start of each new film you know the direction straight away. I'd like to see another License to Kill (was that Dalton?) it was pretty dark and he was quite a nasty peice of work in that.

I read something about Tarantino wanting to make a Bond movie, i thought that was a great idea, new blood is definately needed for the franchise to suceed.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

There's been 20 of those movies. Even though I think Roger Moore was an awful Bond, I reckon my favourite Bond flick is Live & Let Die. Liked all that voodoo stuff.

I only liked Goldeneye 'cos it reminded me of the classic video game.

Snuggles the DESTROYER

Post by Snuggles the DESTROYER »

Spartan wrote:There's been 20 of those movies. Even though I think Roger Moore was an awful Bond, I reckon my favourite Bond flick is Live & Let Die. Liked all that voodoo stuff.

I only liked Goldeneye 'cos it reminded me of the classic video game.
"live and Let Die" is probally my favorite too, although I liked Roger Moore's Bond (probally my second favorite).

How were the Timothy Dalton bond movies? I remember liking them when I was like 8 or 10.

If they were to bring in fresh blood, who would play Bond besides Bronsnan? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who could pull it off better right now.

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Gadgets and girls are covered in all the modern Bond movies, but what they lack compared to Connery era Bond are proper evil megalomaniacs with dope secret lairs and private armies. They need to bring back Blofeld and S.P.E.C.T.R.E.

Brosnan was more suited to the role compared to Dalton and even the campiness of Moore. I think they need to introduce someone that can continue in Brosnan's footsteps and the bully boy personality of Connery's Bond. Its going to be a tough find. Rumours of Robbie Williams as James Bond should be squashed immediatley.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

i've never had the desire to watch a bond film the whole way through and i doubt i ever will.