V For Vendetta trailer

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

varick pyr

V For Vendetta trailer

Post by varick pyr »

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

Anybody read any articles about Alan Moore's thoughts on this?

I think someone representing this movie (based on an Alan Moore graphic novel) said Alan Moore was excited about the project. However, this couldn't be farther from the truth and Alan Moore got pissed and made it clear he was not excited about the project.

Choke

Post by Choke »

cascarrabias wrote:Anybody read any articles about Alan Moore's thoughts on this?

I think someone representing this movie (based on an Alan Moore graphic novel) said Alan Moore was excited about the project. However, this couldn't be farther from the truth and Alan Moore got pissed and made it clear he was not excited about the project.
Alan Moore seems like the type that will NEVER be happy with any adaptation of any of his works. That could be because they're so fucking good in comic form that noone will ever be able to faithfully re-create it on film. That being said, I would MUCH rather hear that Moore was fully endorsing a movie project than not.

BTW, found the following blurb on some alan moore website:

"Alan Moore, co-creator of the "V For Vendetta" comic, has publicly disassociated himself from the upcoming Warner Brothers movie project based on the comic book and written and produced by the Wachowski Brothers (The Matrix), and, as a result, has cut his remaining ties with DC Comics, which include future volumes of "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"."
General Interests: Fine herbage! Keepin it real, Jui Ryi Ki Kung-Fu (Blue belt with shuriken certification). Banging the skins with my smokin band 'TwaughtHammer'. European motocross (plan to attend Wheelie School in Vegas this summer). MILF's, MILF's, MILF's, MILF's!

Education: J.P. Wynne High School, DeVRy University data systems management... The STREETS, YO!

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

I've just seen it. Not that impressed but any movie with Natalie Portman in is gravy with me.

Big Lurk

Post by Big Lurk »

Choke wrote:
cascarrabias wrote:Anybody read any articles about Alan Moore's thoughts on this?

Alan Moore seems like the type that will NEVER be happy with any adaptation of any of his works. That could be because they're so fucking good in comic form that noone will ever be able to faithfully re-create it on film. That being said, I would MUCH rather hear that Moore was fully endorsing a movie project than not.

"Alan Moore, co-creator of the "V For Vendetta" comic, has publicly disassociated himself from the upcoming Warner Brothers movie project based on the comic book and written and produced by the Wachowski Brothers (The Matrix), and, as a result, has cut his remaining ties with DC Comics, which include future volumes of "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen"."
He's still sore from From Hell... rightly so.
soon jesus will come and we will all clap
and to the devil we say brap brap brap

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

Didn't dig this trailer nearly as much as I'd hoped.

squ1d

Post by squ1d »

Sankofa wrote:Didn't dig this trailer nearly as much as I'd hoped.
Yup.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

just watched all of the trailers that they have up on their site. I think I am going to like this movie a lot.

The ILLatino

Post by The ILLatino »

Big Lurk wrote:
Choke wrote:

He's still sore from From Hell... rightly so.
and the LOE movie, also, I'd imagine.
http://www.twitter.com/the_illatino

RIP Josh
Galvatron78 wrote:I wanna put my head up Irina's skirt and say a Das Efx verse.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

The ILLatino wrote: and the LOE movie, also, I'd imagine.
can't blame him, LOEG is pretty terrible even when you don't account for how good the book is.

Can't say I have high hopes for this, even though i didn't hate From Hell. The terrorist/freedom fighter argument which is the core of the story is handled very subtly but with a lot of depth in the book. Somehow I doubt the movie will go through all that effort when there's all these explosions of landmarks n'shit to concentrate on.

Moore's work shouldn't be adapted as feature films imo, they should do miniseries on HBO or something.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

Meh.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

as of now, i'm excited.

GMoney

Post by GMoney »

I got preview tickets for this shit on monday, can't wait, although i'm not expecting a faithful adaption of the comic just a good action flick, you got to give props to the Wachowski brothers for doing a film about a terrorist in the current political climate though...gully!

Patches O'Houlihan

Post by Patches O'Houlihan »

I will see this movie, but fuck LOEG and "From Hell". THose movies are pieces of shit, bad news is that they have elements that are so cool and work well for a time on screen but then quickly fade away as the movies action and bad direction overtake the elements that made them interesting to begin with. Man Nemo was killing it for a while.
A new era has begun and it goes by the numbers 1,3,6

GMoney

Post by GMoney »

OK so i've just got back from seeing this, although it has some cheesy bits (of course V and Evey have to fall in love) but it's not the film you'd expect, the story is much more politically relevent than you could imagine, it asks some big questions, should governments have the powers they do? how far are you willing to let them go in your name? and when your unhappy are you willing to stand up and be counted.
The parallels with the Bush administration are plain to see, the human rights vs national security the strategy of keeping people constantly scared, the control of the media, it's all here, and wrapped up in glossy package. The V monologue alone (almost every word begins with a
V) is worth the price of admission.
If your looking for a big dumb action movie you might want to steer clear of this, but if your looking for an action flick with a brain, which has a political voice and of course Natalie Portman dressed as a china doll, I suggest you go see this!

"People shouldn't be scared of governments, governments should be scared of the people"
Roll on the revolution!

zygmontone

Post by zygmontone »

i'm excited to see this.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

I SO CANT WAIT FOR TOMMAROW

AGENT SMITH BABY

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

definitely excited to watch it this weekend

Kid B

Post by Kid B »

this will be seen

:megaman:

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Kid B wrote:this will be seen

on cable
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Dont get me wrong I'll be seeing this just for wifey but I've heard this movie is disappointing and dare I say...boring?

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

Michael Medved is up in arms against this movie so that is a good sign that I will enjoy it. Hopefully it will be in the IMAX by me.