HBO's ROME

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Rey Slo

HBO's ROME

Post by Rey Slo »

Anyone been watchin this show?

Peace to the end of the previous episode with Pullo ballin off the set with the whore and the gold :lol:

Domina is a foul bitch...and I like that.

I hate little buddy with the stroke-face though...

"You Have Lost RrrRRrRROooOOMMMMMMEEEEE!!"

ol worrying-ass motherfucker.
dope, guns, & religion

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

I can't believe you started this damn thread the same exact time as me.

EDIT:

So what does everyone think of this show?

After the first episode, I thought it was pretty confusing and I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy it that much, but after things started getting rolling it has become one of my favorite shows. The whole show is acted very well with a ton of betrayal and brewing plotlines set to explode in future episodes.

Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo are great characters.

Post by 360 »

I enjoy this show. I agree that it started off a bit slow, but once you get into it, it is rather dope. Lucius Vorenus' wife is banging. I like her a lot. PLUS SHE HAS A BRITISH ACCENT, which turns me on greatly. Hot chicks with british accents are the truth.

I enjoy the flowery dialogue, as well.

However, I think the beginning theme song/credits are horrid.

Dids

Post by Dids »

Rumor has it that round about tonights' epp HBO stepped in and improved the show a great deal, so it's supposed to pick up from here.

Useff

Post by Useff »

I'm a fan. I missed tonight's episode.

Hopefully this show will gain enough of a viewership that it goes on for more than one season.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

Dids wrote:Rumor has it that round about tonights' epp HBO stepped in and improved the show a great deal, so it's supposed to pick up from here.
Really? I thought the show has been just fine, no need for intervention from HBO.

Tonight's episode was pretty key, they didn't have to show Marc Anthony's penis though

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

Also, I think this show will do pretty well, seeing as though my dad is watching it and he barely speaks english.

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

360 wrote:Hot chicks with british accents are the truth.
But how are her teeth?

rakesh1

Post by rakesh1 »

so whats the consensus, worth downloading?

Useff

Post by Useff »

rakesh wrote:so whats the consensus, worth downloading?
Yes, in my opinion.

Post by 360 »

Just saw it. Big ups to digital cable and hbo west. Tonite's episode was the best thus far.

Epitome

Post by Epitome »

No one need worry about the status of the show. Apparantly the feedback has been so positive that after the end of episode 2, HBO announced they were reupping the show for a second season :ohsh:

Characters I like:

Lucius Vorenus and Titius Pullo: This tag team is gully. That scene when they are lying on the grass and talking about the stars was excellent. That scene where Pullo is talking to Vorenus about a woman's clitoris and Vorenus starts grilling him about how he knows this about his wife = :lol:

Octavian: Dude's a spoiled brat, but you can already tell the type of brilliant political mind he possesses. He's going to be gullier in subsequent seasons.

Attia: She's such a heartless, conniving little bitch, yet for some reason her scenes with Octavian are really touching.

Characters I dislike

Cato: One of the most interesting characters in Ancient Rome and they've reduced him to a cartoon. All he does is bitch and whine with that permanant scowl on his pirate face. I like historical accuracy, but I wish they would just kill this fag off so I don't have to look at his lazy eye and lobsided mouth anymore. " Youuu havvve llllllllllohst RRRRRRRRRRHOOOOHHMMMEE! " Bitch shit the fuck up.

Brutus: This guy is considered to be one of the most stoic, honorable Romans of all time, yet you barely see any of this in the spoiled, sardonic brat they have playing him.

Cicero: Considered Rome's greatest orator and man of letters, yet they portray him as a softbatch mushy faggot who could get beat up by girlscouts. Maybe that's the way he was really like, who knows? I just pictured a slightly more gully character when reading Cicero's works.

"I love california. the other day some bum was like "gimme a dollar, I SAID GIMME A DOLLA!!!!!" and I told him to sit down and shut the fuck up. and he did. cause real talk I will knock a bum the fuck out." --BeHemoth

avalanche

Post by avalanche »

Epitome wrote:Cicero: Considered Rome's greatest orator and man of letters, yet they portray him as a softbatch mushy faggot who could get beat up by girlscouts. Maybe that's the way he was really like, who knows? I just pictured a slightly more gully character when reading Cicero's works.

no this is about right

Post by 360 »

I enjoy Marc Anthony's character as well. He is brilliant muscle defined. "One may choke on oysters". That man is very thorough.

Naobi is fly. I just want to fuck the shit out of her, really. She might be in deep shit, though, because, obviously, when she told Lucius that she had wronged him, he wasn't thinking about her fucking her sister's husband and that not being his grandson.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

360 wrote:I enjoy Marc Anthony's character as well. He is brilliant muscle defined. "One may choke on oysters". That man is very thorough.

Naobi is fly. I just want to fuck the shit out of her, really. She might be in deep shit, though, because, obviously, when she told Lucius that she had wronged him, he wasn't thinking about her fucking her sister's husband and that not being his grandson.
i hope he kills the bitch.

binary

Post by binary »

Naobi :ohsh: ...I never like girls on TV but damn.

Useff

Post by Useff »

LOL @ Caesar slapping the shit out of Servilia.

Rey Slo

Post by Rey Slo »

^ Seriously, don't act like yall didn't laugh

found this episode a little soap-esque though.
dope, guns, & religion

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

Octavius is a savage

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Now I'm pissed that I quit watching this after the lackluster premiere and it's too fucking late to catch up.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

Dids

Post by Dids »

Psychosis Again wrote:Now I'm pissed that I quit watching this after the lackluster premiere and it's too fucking late to catch up.
You got On Demand? All the epps should be on there.

Sir Loin

Post by Sir Loin »

caught my first episode last night and while christpuncher had to fill me in every few minutes to what was going on i really enjoyed the show. great dialogue along with real history really makes this show shine.

Rey Slo

Post by Rey Slo »

ChristPuncher wrote:Octavius is a savage
Not a savage as much as a rich kid in a postion of power.

I mean he can barely convince his mother he's not half a fag (the incident with Caesar.) Not to mention Attia making him eat goats nuts and take fighting classes so he'll stop being such a wimp.

He gets no cool points for commanding Pullo around.
dope, guns, & religion

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

Rey wrote:
ChristPuncher wrote:Octavius is a savage
Not a savage as much as a rich kid in a postion of power.

I mean he can barely convince his mother he's not half a fag (the incident with Caesar.) Not to mention Attia making him eat goats nuts and take fighting classes so he'll stop being such a wimp.

He gets no cool points for commanding Pullo around.
I mean savage as in being cold hearted/twisted

(paraphrase)

Pullo: "I'll teach you how to kill a man in no time"

Octavius: "killing a man isn't the problem. Using a sword to do it seems unecessary, I'd rather do it when their backs are turned"

--

Pullo: "I've never really tortured a man before"

Octavius: "How hard could it be? cut off his thumbs"

You can tell he is definitely fucked up in the head, no doubt from Atia's constant degrading among other things.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Dids wrote:
Psychosis Again wrote:Now I'm pissed that I quit watching this after the lackluster premiere and it's too fucking late to catch up.
You got On Demand? All the epps should be on there.
Unfortunately I don't. I guess I'll have to hope for an early season marathon.

edit: wtf, I just checked the schedule and it looks like I have to wait a month.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

just go to mininova.org or spytorrent and download them.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

ChristPuncher wrote:mininova.org
Hadn't checked that site. It's good, lots of seeders. Thanks.

Azureus slowed my computer down horribly yesterday for the last hour or so of the transfer.

Rey Slo

Post by Rey Slo »

Pullo's partner is sav.

eee at those dykes kissin :gyeah:

ROME was scan'lous.
dope, guns, & religion

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

:ohsh: at that ending. Didn't see it coming at all.

That lesbian angle is cool for obvious reasons, but kind of stupid and random.

Lucius is now my favorite character again after a brief change to Marc Antony due to him making chicks sword fight naked last week. I've regained my senses after seeing Lucius make a raft of dead bodies and stab that guy through the throat.

The new Egyptian angle should be interesting, but I hope they don't get too soap-opery though with all the sex and relationships going on the show now.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Bump, this show is the shit.

However, Pullo and Varinas popping up in all the super-convinient to the plot places is getting a little old.

Also the intro with Roman graph all over and the 3d medusa head is on point.