Going to Concerts with Your Woman

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

cascarrabias

Going to Concerts with Your Woman

Post by cascarrabias »

Never again.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

DETAILS

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

yeah seriously man, what happened?

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

Fine.

I took her to a Lightning Bolt show and the opening bands were experimental noise bands. She got a migraine before Lightning Bolt even played. In her defense, those bands sucked. 25 minutes of constant feedback and bad synth would give most people headaches.

And I took her to see Dysrhythmia, a jazz/metal band.

Ok. No more details. I don't want this thread to be all sensitive and emo.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

its fine to be emo sometimes man.

let it out.

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

NEVER

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

then delete this thread.

fuckit, its useless.

BayAreaHustla408

Post by BayAreaHustla408 »

ya brah.......and they always try and dance with you.............if i wanted to dance with someone id NOT be with my lady and be in the club somewhere

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

^ :lol:
Moolah wrote:
Smithee wrote:I'd like to personally thank Andrew Bogut.
:cheers:

Rachel Hobozal
Saved By The Bellhop

Post by Rachel Hobozal »

Kalel wrote:then delete this thread.

fuckit, its useless.
CASCARRABIAS/THE MT'S/JBL'S/ ARE FAR TOO MACHO TO LET SOMETHING AS SILLY AS TRUE HUMAN EMOTIONS SEE THE LIGHT DAY OR EVEN THESE BABY BLUE BOARDS THAT WE'VE ALL GROWN TO LOVE AND ADORE SO DEARLY. I CHOKE UP JUST THINKING ABOUT WHAT MY LIFE WOULD BE LIKE HAD I NEVER MET MINDBENDER FUTURAMA OR ETHIX SKEPTRO. I... JUST... CAN'T... LET IT GET TO ME
Gloss continues to funnel Kia's semen into his kike mouth.

eris

Post by eris »

Everytime I've brought my woman, of that time, to a show they've always become sleepy and annoying with comments of "is it almost over?" or they'll want to go sit in the back away from all existence or some shit. And going to Coachella became the biggest headache I can remember from a woman... going to concerts with woman is a horrible idea.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

word bringing your girl's to shows does not work.

my girl will come to my shows and immediately want to leave after i'm done playing. but then the only show i've brought her to that i wasn't playing was krs one two weekends ago. she was extremely bored the whole time while i was having a real good time and sweating my balls off.

some chick

Post by some chick »

you people's girls are lame then.

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

some chick wrote:you people's girls are lame then.
Would some chick enjoy an evening of metal?

some chick

Post by some chick »

cascarrabias wrote:
some chick wrote:you people's girls are lame then.
Would some chick enjoy an evening of metal?
I like all kinds of shows, and if I don't like it, there's always the bar to make me happy.

wuk

Post by wuk »

dude, lightning bolt would be hard to swallow for anybody, but myself would never seriously date anybody that wouldn't be ecstatic at seeing any show i wanted to go to. that's me.
ryebread mixes. <--------download

Noah

Post by Noah »

Back when I was dating my ex-girlfriend I never took her to any shows that I myself would enjoy seeing with my friends or alone

One of the last things she proposed was that we see Dave Matthews Band together

She could not understand why I was so opposed to the idea. She was all, "IT IS DAVE MATTHEWS BAND, NOAH!"

wuk

Post by wuk »

Noah wrote:Back when I was dating my ex-girlfriend I never took her to any shows that I myself would enjoy seeing with my friends or alone

She could not understand why I was so opposed to the idea. She was all, "IT IS DAVE MATTHEWS BAND, NOAH!"
it is good that she is EX then...why wouldn't you take a girl you care about to shows you care about? it doesn't make sense.
ryebread mixes. <--------download

Noah

Post by Noah »

wuk wrote:
Noah wrote:Back when I was dating my ex-girlfriend I never took her to any shows that I myself would enjoy seeing with my friends or alone

it is good that she is EX then...why wouldn't you take a girl you care about to shows you care about? it doesn't make sense.
Have you ever dated a person who does not share all of the same tastes as you and therefore have to do some things apart

I mean come on you do not want to be all up in the linen & things store all the time or whatever

She just found a lot of my musical tastes unpalateable. We were able to find some happy mediums, but nothing that I considered brilliant was even on her radar.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

I'm gonna make an extremely sexist statement, but I think it's true, so here goes:

95% of women have awful taste in music. There's no way around it.

Sure you might find girls that have decent taste in books or movies, but I have yet to meet a woman (at least one that I'd consider going out with) who doesn't like quite a few horrible bands.

And the 5% of the female population that do have good taste? They are either (a) insane, (b) ugly, (c) dykes, or (d) all of the above. A lot of these girls fall under (a).If you really like Sheer Terror, there's a 90% chance that something's not right upstairs. If you're a girl who likes Sheer Terror, change that to about 99.9%.

So unless you wanna date a psychopath, vow to live a life of celibacy or become a homosexual, there is no way to escape the shittiness of a female's musical predilections.

But there's another thing to consider: do you wanna be with someone who likes the same shit as you? To quote Jerry Seinfeld:

"All of a sudden it hit me. I realized what the problem is - I can't be with someone like me...I hate myself!!! If anything I need to get the exact opposite of me."

Couldn't have said it better myself, Jerry.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Money Gripp wrote:I'm gonna make an extremely sexist statement, but I think it's true, so here goes:

Sure you might find girls that have decent taste in books or movies, but I have yet to meet a woman (at least one that I'd consider going out with) who doesn't like quite a few horrible bands.

And the 5% of the female population that do have good taste? They are either (a) insane, (b) ugly, (c) dykes, or (d) all of the above. A lot of these girls fall under (a).If you really like Sheer Terror, there's a 90% chance that something's not right upstairs. If you're a girl who likes Sheer Terror, change that to about 99.9%.

So unless you wanna date a psychopath, vow to live a life of celibacy or become a homosexual, there is no way to escape the shittiness of a female's musical predilections.

But there's another thing to consider: do you wanna be with someone who likes the same shit as you? To quote Jerry Seinfeld:

"All of a sudden it hit me. I realized what the problem is - I can't be with someone like me...I hate myself!!! If anything I need to get the exact opposite of me."

this is a RIDICULOUSLY on point statement.

Moolah
The Rap Yahoo Serious

Post by Moolah »

Money Gripp I salute you. Great post.

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

Money Gripp wrote:I'm gonna make an extremely sexist statement, but I think it's true, so here goes:

A truly great post.

My lady has GREAT taste in books and movies, but she's seen John Mayer 4 times.

I was just at a record store in Knoxville buying Big Black Songs About Fucking. The girl at the counter is like "Whoa great CD." She had green hair and four facial piercings and you could still tell she was dog ass nasty.

*Sigh*

Like Noah said, happy mediums.

TyTaylorFromRockStar:Inxs
Location: "..I feel like a little white girl. I feel fat" - Bun B

Post by TyTaylorFromRockStar:Inxs »

Realest shit teh Gripp ever wrote. Man, girls are just lowbrow philistines who can't understand the intricate and microscopic permutations one finds in the bellowing and brutal power-violence on Neanderthal 7"s. And for this we should be glad; Girls should be feminine and like shitty music plus trashy (not neccessarily an insult) pop music. It's the point of them.

Aside from 80s pop, the Stones, T-Rex, some motown and a few other things here and there my wife likes utter crap (Bowie, house music, Bjork, older Radiohead, gay electronica like Air, old Cure, Daft Punk, Bon Jovi, chick groups like The Breeders, Gwen Stefani etc) and detests my superior and spectacular listening tastes. We both have our own seperate soundproofed retreats in chez Tommy where we can go to blast our own music in private without disturbing each other, suffering the "christ, what is this crap?..turn it down/off" spiel and the argument which usually ensues. Privacy for me-time and some personal space to pursue yer interests are key in making a relationship work when you live together day-in-day-out.

I've probably been to at least 2 shows every month since getting married and she's been to a considerable amount too but the only shows i can remember us going to together over the past couple of years are Love, Prince, The Ramones tribute which she only went to 'cause The Strokes played and maybe two or three others. However, it's was a neccessity to take your girl to shows when i was younger as you had to have somebody there to hold your jacket/bag/camera when you were in the pit and take trophy pictures of you hangin' tough in the pit and stagediving. Peace to all chickenheads standing at the side with armfuls of boyfriend possessions at shows.

Also worth noting that this also applies to taking your woman to a sports event or they end up spoiling your enjoyment of it with their glazed over expression, constant yawning, talking at inappropriate moments, cranky "how long until this finishes?" questions in your ear plus casual disgust at you and other grown men jumping up & down and spilling alcohol all over them as your chant that a rival team player is a fucking faggot

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

Man, this thread is straight jokes. Im dyin over here.

My girl of the moment rocks a whole lot of 311, which I thought was played out in 1998.

She did put me on to String Cheese Incident, which, as gay as it sounds, is a jam band with some real talent.

Money Gripp

Post by Money Gripp »

TyTaylorFromRockStar:Inxs wrote:Aside from 80s pop, the Stones, T-Rex, some motown and a few other things here and there my wife likes utter crap (Bowie, house music, Bjork, older Radiohead, gay electronica like Air, old Cure, Daft Punk, Bon Jovi, chick groups like The Breeders, Gwen Stefani etc)
Ha. Our girls like a lot of the same stuff. Radiohead, Cure, Gwen Stefani - check. But those people tend to appeal to the fairer sex so I guess, as Brand Nubian once said, it ain't no mystery.

Question for the fellas: What's the worst thing you had to endure listening to when dating a girl? And what's the "worst" thing you've subjected her to?

I once endured almost a full hour of Lisa Loeb when my girlfriend and I first started going out. I think it says a lot about my mental fortitude and my feelings for her that I managed to find a way to survive such senseless and inhuman torture.

It's okay, though. She once had to listen to Sleep's doom-metal masterpiece "Jerusalem" front to back while we were driving back home.

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

Money Gripp wrote:Question for the fellas: What's the worst thing you had to endure listening to when dating a girl? And what's the "worst" thing you've subjected her to?

I once endured almost a full hour of Lisa Loeb when my girlfriend and I first started going out. I think it says a lot about my mental fortitude and my feelings for her that I managed to find a way to survive such senseless and inhuman torture.
An hour of Lisa Loeb. Yeesh.

As far as concerts, I've been lucky. In a little less than two years I've only seen one of her bands. This pussified group from Chapel Hill, North Carolina called Jump Little Children. Truth be told it wasn't that bad. But imagine the opening act for a group geared towards twenty something, college attending females...

On a related note, my lady is an actress and I've seen many... many terrible college theatre productions. Imagine sitting through a 3 hour plus senior project of some self-absorbed theatre student. I bet SYMantiks participated in his share of those.

Jennie C
FUCK YOU REGGIEBIRD

Post by Jennie C »

This thread is hilarious.
hopps wrote:i also think mindbender wastes way too much time on this message board. i think he should never come here again. seriously, man.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

depends on the music and venue.

i went to a no doubt concert and it was dope. went to see mos def, mf doom and de la and it was only dope after de la went on cuz she thinks doom is stupid.

the roots concert was in a club and i couldn't relax cuz i had to move 40 times cuz my wife couldn't see.

last month went to see chicago and earth, wind and fire and that was cool.

bought floor seats friday to see gwen stefani in december, so i'm sure that'll be fine.

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

Hilarious.