So Edge is the new WWE Champion

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Magneto

So Edge is the new WWE Champion

Post by Magneto »

*Salutes edge for beating this cornball Cena*

"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Well that's weird. Edge... Huh.

So I've been watching some of the Wrestlemanias from the big boxset, right. I watched WM21 first just to see what was going on in the wild world of fake fights nowadays, then I moved on to WM1 which I hadn't seen in years and was shocked at how awful Lord Alfred Hayes was. I was also shocked at how repetitive everything was. It would go Hayes introduces an interview segment, Mean Gene interviews someone, then a match, repeat ten times.

Now I'm on WM2 which is one of the weirdest and most awful things I've ever seen. It's spread across three cities, features Susan St. James, Cathy Lee Crosby, and Elvira as match commentators, has an incredible array of no-talent no-name jobbers in big matches, etc. Not to mention a battle royale featuring six pro football players, including the Refridgerator. Then there's the pointless celebrities scattered everywhere. Ozzy accompanies the British Bulldogs, Joan Rivers introduces Clara Peller who can't even say "Wheres the beef!?" because her mic isn't turned on, then probably the biggest wtf moment was Joan Rivers saying, "And now the man I've been waiting my whole life to meet, I'm very excited, HERB!" And fucking Herb from the Burger King ads comes out and then leaves never to be seen anywhere ever again. Very strange show, and I still have an hour left of it.

hustler

Post by hustler »

haha money in the bank. edge=the new brett hart? canadians everywhere will be happy about this win.
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

I hate WM 2 too.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Oh yeah, and Miss Elizabeth was fucking hot in 86.

And WM2 was Brett Hart's first WM. He came out with the Anvil as a tag team in the 20 man battle royale I mentioned up above. No hot pink in site, just black and dark blue. Brett did well though, he lost only to Andre the Giant.

barknee

Post by barknee »

first mark out moment of 06. i don't even like edge that much but i was jumping up and down in my seat. god bless new york for tearing cena to shreds.

elizabeth was still hot up to the day of her death y'know. the original wrestling hottie. if i had money i'd be all over that wrestlemania boxset, if only for VIII, my first mania ever... savage VS flair, bitches.
ImageImageImage

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

barknee wrote:first mark out moment of 06. i don't even like edge that much but i was jumping up and down in my seat. god bless new york for tearing cena to shreds.

elizabeth was still hot up to the day of her death y'know. the original wrestling hottie. if i had money i'd be all over that wrestlemania boxset, if only for VIII, my first mania ever... savage VS flair, bitches.
Word.

And Elizabeth looked even hotter in WCW sometimes.

No homo
Hoody Shankz

Post by No homo »

barknee wrote:first mark out moment of 06. i don't even like edge that much but i was jumping up and down in my seat. god bless new york for tearing cena to shreds.
haha

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i was never a big fan of edge.

he was much cooler when he was a vampire.

in the brood.

lol

he can wrestle though.

Move Free

Post by Move Free »

this guy knows his wrestling.

mark out? referring to wwe as new york?

we need a wrestling forum in this bitch

No homo
Hoody Shankz

Post by No homo »

^^^^ real talk

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

Move Free wrote:

i tried to suggest one but it wouldn't be a good idea...it was said that there would be no traffic and I think that would be the case also.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

Are you guys who are excited over this fucking serious?

Edge is a piece of shit. He is one of my least favorite wrestlers in the entire industry. Whenever he comes on tv and gives a promo I cringe and laugh at the same time. He plays one of the worst heels I have ever seen. It's like he bases his whole character on a "Playing Heel for Dummies" handbook. He has absolutely no charisma and it is almost uncomfortable for me to watch him try and act like he does. In ring he is predictable and boring as hell. He also has the dumbest catchphrases. Edge Army? Edgeacution? Shut the fuck up and die.

He is a no talent ass clown and it's an embarrasment to have him hold the title. I was thinking about going back to watch WWE to see what I was missing, but I don't think I can stomach it anymore.

Choke

Post by Choke »

Move Free wrote:

I think he was referring to new york because the PPV originated from albany. The replay of the PPV is still playing on my TV. It was an awful show overall, saved by the ending. I said to my friend that there's no way I would have believed him if 6 months ago he told me the crowd would be cheering Chris Masterson and Carlito for beating on Cena, then cheering Edge for winning the title from him.

I must say, I haven't been watching much lately, and normally only PPVs with some friends, but they have some FINE bitches on there nowadays. Trish was looking nice tonight.
General Interests: Fine herbage! Keepin it real, Jui Ryi Ki Kung-Fu (Blue belt with shuriken certification). Banging the skins with my smokin band 'TwaughtHammer'. European motocross (plan to attend Wheelie School in Vegas this summer). MILF's, MILF's, MILF's, MILF's!

Education: J.P. Wynne High School, DeVRy University data systems management... The STREETS, YO!

Beek

Post by Beek »

Edge peaked during the golden age of Edge & Christian. Calling people chumpstains and reekazoids and exclaiming "SODAS RULE!" Thumbs out!

Ty

Post by Ty »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i was never a big fan of edge.

he was much cooler when he was a vampire.

in the brood.

lol

he can wrestle though.
I actually agree with this, Edge doesn't really have the charisma to be champion material. At least when you're a vampire and you have that M.O.M. guy with you, you can just look around angrily and bare your teeth.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

man, i remember gangrel.

Kalel
Internet Celebrity

Post by Kalel »

Whoa, Edge a champion? Thats pretty cool. He was always the kinda wrester I found entertaining. Good for him to win the title, I might start checkin out WWE now to see whats the haps.

We should start a definative wrestling thread if we cant get our own forum.

manwhore

Post by manwhore »

Beek wrote:Edge peaked during the golden age of Edge & Christian. Calling people chumpstains and reekazoids and exclaiming "SODAS RULE!" Thumbs out!
yeah i actually remember liking wrestling at this point.

and gangrel had one of my fav. entrances ever lol.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Beek wrote:Edge peaked during the golden age of Edge & Christian. Calling people chumpstains and reekazoids and exclaiming "SODAS RULE!" Thumbs out!
Agree, and for the record, I'm not an Edge fan.

Kalistoga

Post by Kalistoga »

StormShadow wrote:
Agree, and for the record, I'm not an Edge fan.

barknee

Post by barknee »

Kalistoga Von Fretmeyer wrote:
StormShadow wrote:
Agree, and for the record, I'm not an Edge fan, I'm just relieved they took the title off Cena.
seriously. it was entertaining to watch every crowd turn against him as soon as his matches started but it was just getting so boring watching him squash everyone every single fucking week. edge winning the title was a great moment because it became out of nowhere, and immediately after cena had just won ANOTHER massive match despite being the least popular person in the building. at least now I'm somewhat interested to see who edge'll feud with.

only problem is he'll blatantly win the rumble now. TURN HIM HEEL PLEASE. oh and take the title off batista and put it on benoit okay thanks.
ImageImageImage

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

manwhore wrote:

dukes ddt was pretty vicious too.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

I don't like Edge either but Edge > Cena. Lesser of two evils.

Gregg Popabitch1
Career Leader in LOL's

Post by Gregg Popabitch1 »

i haven't watched wrestling in 3 months.

benoit has no personality but dude was sick in the ring. so i wouldn't mind him holding the top belt.

he's never held the heavyweight belt?

No homo
Hoody Shankz

Post by No homo »

HopeLess wrote:
manwhore wrote:

dukes ddt was pretty vicious too.
yeah, it was. he liked pick dudes up off the ground and THEN ddt'd em. hardcore shit.

Dids

Post by Dids »

Benoit held one of the belts, I believe the WWE one for a while. It was when he and Eddy both won, at mania maybe?

They kinda fucked up his run, 'cause they didn't really know what do to with him.

Edge is a lame heel. He's at his best as "goofy face" or "slightly instense" face.

I gave up on the WWE a while back, I can't believe they didn't take the belt off of Cena until now.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Gregg Popabitch wrote:i haven't watched wrestling in 3 months.

benoit has no personality but dude was sick in the ring. so i wouldn't mind him holding the top belt.

he's never held the heavyweight belt?
He won the world title before (The one Batista has).

MD

Post by MD »

Anyone remember that one match where Gangrel had his head stuck between the ropes and everytime he exhaled a bunch of snot came out?

TyTaylorFromRockStar:Inxs
Location: "..I feel like a little white girl. I feel fat" - Bun B

Post by TyTaylorFromRockStar:Inxs »

I don't like Edge either but Edge > Cena. Lesser of two evils.
We have a winner.

They should just give the belt to HBK.