Iron Monkey Download

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

silent squiz

Iron Monkey Download

Post by silent squiz »

Classic kung fu movie with some of the most amazing action sequences i have ever witnessed. Dubbing is also hilarious. Can also upload Fist Of Legend if anyone is interested.

Review
by Sanjuro:

Arguably the greatest kung fu film Yuen Woo-Ping ever made, Iron Monkey ranks as one of the finest martial arts films of the 1990s.
There are only a select few Hong Kong films in existence that perfectly optimize the very genre in which they fall under. It's safe to say that celebrated action director Yuen Woo-Ping has had a hand in more than a few motion pictures that would fit that description, and his 1993 kung fu opus Iron Monkey is no exception. If ever a Hong Kong cinema neophyte wanted to know what a period martial arts film is supposed to be like

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

One of my favorite movies ever.

Donnie Yen should be a superstar by now.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

I didn't post in this thread because I already own the movie and because I thought the thread was going to blow up.

So if anybody hasn't seen this movie, you should totally download it. Silent Quiz was real cool to upload it for you.

Funky Butler

Post by Funky Butler »

Saw it in the theater when it was released stateside

doooooope shit
Hemingway Novel Model

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Awesome. I have like 5 different copies of this already, but thanks man, everyone needs to see this.

THE BEST WIREFIGHTING MOVIE EVER

Easily one of the best martial arts movies ever made, plus a rare case of a kung fu movie actually being decently entertaining in the non-fighting parts.
HopeLess wrote:Donnie Yen should be a superstar by now.
Donnie Yen fucks shit up for himself. He's very talented but he's even more conceited, and only puts his best choreography effort towards making himself look good. Plus, he considers himself some kind of auteur which lead to him breaking wiht the Yuen clan and making a string of pretentious hot garbage in the late 90's after a rediculously promising start. Hopefully he's wised up now that he's getting a second chance with Hero and SPL

The one who really deserves shine here is Ron Yun Gang, who plays Iron Monkey. He's an incredible screen fighter, but unfortunately he's been only in a few movies. Check out Dead end of Beseigers or The Holy Robe of Shaolin, this dude kicks like a mule on crack.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Awesome. I have like 5 different copies of this already, but thanks man, everyone needs to see this.

Easily one of the best martial arts movies ever made, plus a rare case of a kung fu movie actually being decently entertaining in the non-fighting parts.
Donnie Yen fucks shit up for himself. He's very talented but he's even more conceited, and only puts his best choreography effort towards making himself look good. Plus, he considers himself some kind of auteur which lead to him breaking wiht the Yuen clan and making a string of pretentious hot garbage in the late 90's after a rediculously promising start. Hopefully he's wised up now that he's getting a second chance with Hero and SPL

The one who really deserves shine here is Ron Yun Gang, who plays Iron Monkey. He's an incredible screen fighter, but unfortunately he's been only in a few movies. Check out Dead end of Beseigers or The Holy Robe of Shaolin, this dude kicks like a mule on crack.

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

drizzle wrote:Awesome. I have like 5 different copies of this already, but thanks man, everyone needs to see this.

Oh I know about Yen's history, that's kind of what I was trying to say...Dude's mad talented and I hope his time hasn't passed for whatever reason. Just seems custom fit to blow up...Dude's English is excellent and his skills are pretty much flawless. He was awesome in Hero and even Shanghai Knights. I mean, the biggest roles he's got are "Highlander" and what basically amounted to a cameo(albeit dope one) in Blade 2...something is wrong.

And agreed on the Iron Monkey dude, I only remember seeing him a few times, but the dudes got skills and can act his ass off.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

HopeLess wrote:[Shanghai Knights. I mean, the biggest roles he's got are "Highlander" and what basically amounted to a cameo(albeit dope one) in Blade 2...something is wrong.
Highlander and blade 2 are actually good examples of him fucking up, his own fights in both of them are awesome but the rest are kindof mediocre.

I've good high hopes for him from watching Sha Po Lang, this is his last chance to make a serious impact. He did real good in SPL, both acting wise and on the action front, hopefully it wont go to his head

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

drizzle wrote:
HopeLess wrote:[Shanghai Knights. I mean, the biggest roles he's got are "Highlander" and what basically amounted to a cameo(albeit dope one) in Blade 2...something is wrong.
Highlander and blade 2 are actually good examples of him fucking up, his own fights in both of them are awesome but the rest are kindof mediocre.

I've good high hopes for him from watching Sha Po Lang, this is his last chance to make a serious impact. He did real good in SPL, both acting wise and on the action front, hopefully it wont go to his head
Yeah, exactly...I actually remember hearing that Wesley Snipes was angry at Yen for taking all the shine in the action scenes(and supposedly them cutting a bunhc of Snowman's scenes out). I also distinctly remember duke killing the shit out of a dude with his helmet in Highlander...but the rest fo the movie being lack luster.

Haven't seen Sha Po Long, but I will.

silent squiz

Post by silent squiz »

silent squiz

Post by silent squiz »

DAMN, I don't believe everyones seen this... and if you haven't don't hesitate to download you won't regret it. I take it noone wants Fist of Legend either??

Heres the US Iron Monkey trailer with a Tarantino intro

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1075984 ... ailers.php

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

silent squiz wrote:DAMN, I don't believe everyones seen this... and if you haven't don't hesitate to download you won't regret it. I take it noone wants Fist of Legend either??

Heres the US Iron Monkey trailer with a Tarantino intro

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1075984 ... ailers.php
is it the american version of fist of legend that came out as part of the Jet Li collection, or the unkut HK one?

silent squiz

Post by silent squiz »

this is the dubbed uncut version with original soundtrack

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

silent squiz wrote:this is the dubbed uncut version with original soundtrack
:ohsh: :ohsh: :ohsh: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang: :wutang:

do it up man, i've only got the american one

what else you got?

silent squiz

Post by silent squiz »

SORRY, a bit of confusion i thought you were referring to iron monkey for some reason. Fist of legend is US from what i gather there is very little changed and the original is very hard to get hold of. Apologies.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

silent squiz wrote:SORRY, a bit of confusion i thought you were referring to iron monkey for some reason. Fist of legend is US from what i gather there is very little changed and the original is very hard to get hold of. Apologies.
boo-urns, but thanks for the thought anyway

I actually heard different, that FOL was significantly cut in the US release

Galvatron78
Splack Morris

Post by Galvatron78 »

i always thought that part 2 was better especially the wood shed fight....

Sigma

Post by Sigma »

Great movie! Thanks a lot for the uploads.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Galvatron78 wrote:i always thought that part 2 was better especially the wood shed fight....
damn, you're the first and only one

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

HopeLess wrote:
drizzle wrote:

Yeah, exactly...I actually remember hearing that Wesley Snipes was angry at Yen for taking all the shine in the action scenes(and supposedly them cutting a bunhc of Snowman's scenes out). I also distinctly remember duke killing the shit out of a dude with his helmet in Highlander...but the rest fo the movie being lack luster.

Haven't seen Sha Po Long, but I will.
Drizzle, do you know where I can DL a torrent for Sha Po Lang?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

HopeLess wrote:Drizzle, do you know where I can DL a torrent for Sha Po Lang?
Sorry man, i get bootlegs in chinatown for this kind of thing. To be perfectly honest I don't even know how to do torrents, i got a friend that hooks me up when necessary

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

dang I dont know how the fuck I missed this....HUGE props, silent squiz
but I've already seen this too. Own it.
Should be owned by anyone who considers themselves a fan of martial arts movies

this thread is tempting me to bring back the MOVIE UPLOAD OF THE WEEK threads
Last edited by Andvil on Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Andvil wrote:this thread is tempting me to bring back the MOVIE UPLOAD OF THE WEEK threads
judging from what i've seen on here as far as movie knowledge and tastes, this could be a banger

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

drizzle wrote:
Sorry man, i get bootlegs in chinatown for this kind of thing. To be perfectly honest I don't even know how to do torrents, i got a friend that hooks me up when necessary
Just watched it. DAMN...Really good movie.

I cannot believe how fast Samo still is. :ohsh:

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

You know I just remembered, my name on ebay is 'the iron monkey.' I used to really like this movie. Not that I don't anymore, but

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

HopeLess wrote:
drizzle wrote:

the whole time watching i'm sitting there just muttering to myself with an idiotic grin: "it's not undercranked, it's not undercranked, it's not undercranked." Yen said in interviews that they didn't rehearse some of the sparring, because everyone involved was so experienced they just made it up on the spot. Also, i love how they introduced mixed martial art elements to it, throws takedowns and submission holds etc... I wonder if they did it because Sammo would probably look silly high kicking at his age and girth

did the version you watched have a twist ending? (don't give it away, just confirm yes or no). Apparently there's restrictions in China on what you can show a criminal doing on screen, so a major chunk was cut from the Mainland release, which was the only one available for a while.

Damn in retrospect i fucking loved this movie

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Iron Monkey will always be the best martial arts flick to me ever.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Cash Rulz wrote:Iron Monkey will always be the best martial arts flick to me ever.
it's definitely the greatest wire-fu movie ever, probably a good candidate for GOAT overall. problem is the old shaw bros flicks are so different in choreography it's really hard to compare

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

drizzle wrote:
HopeLess wrote:
drizzle wrote:

the whole time watching i'm sitting there just muttering to myself with an idiotic grin: "it's not undercranked, it's not undercranked, it's not undercranked." Yen said in interviews that they didn't rehearse some of the sparring, because everyone involved was so experienced they just made it up on the spot. Also, i love how they introduced mixed martial art elements to it, throws takedowns and submission holds etc... I wonder if they did it because Sammo would probably look silly high kicking at his age and girth

did the version you watched have a twist ending? (don't give it away, just confirm yes or no). Apparently there's restrictions in China on what you can show a criminal doing on screen, so a major chunk was cut from the Mainland release, which was the only one available for a while.

Damn in retrospect i fucking loved this movie
Word to all of that, the MMA type of stuff was implemented really well too.

And no, I didn't see the one with the twist, I downloaded the Mainland version, which sucks because I KNEW something was missing, but wasn't positive...mainly because when I saw the one I DL'd, I had already watched the trailer like 20 times.

I'm going to try and DL the other version until I can buy it, but the one I saw is still damn good.

I swear I have watched the Yen/Wu fight a dozen or so times, fucking fantastic.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

HopeLess wrote: I'm going to try and DL the other version until I can buy it, but the one I saw is still damn good.
i'm on my second VCD, still didn't get the right one

Chinatown bootleggers are gonna have to name a street after me when i'm done buying these things