Where do you stand on Leon (The Professional)?

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

word I love Fifth Element

I know people that really liked Joan of Arc too, but I wasn't that crazy about it

admiral

Post by admiral »

Jizzy wrote:A sequel to this would be so ill. Luc Besson aint done shit worth mentioning twice since this movie.
Didn't he do unleashed? that movie was fucking ill - bob hoskins murders shit every time he's on screen. Anway, it had the Besson formula of opening action sequence, some plot, 45 minutes of relationship type stuff, and then a bad-ass ending that threatens said relationship where a lot of people get murked...

i love the professional, leon feels like a different movie to me. and word, gary oldman is the best thing about it...

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Fifth Element was ok. Looked good but Chris Tucker ruined that movie for me.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

admiral wrote:Didn't he do unleashed?
he wrote and produced it

cuntface

Post by cuntface »

admiral wrote:
Jizzy wrote:A sequel to this would be so ill. Luc Besson aint done shit worth mentioning twice since this movie.
Didn't he do unleashed? that movie was fucking ill - bob hoskins murders shit every time he's on screen.
the fight scenes were ok, the film being set in glasgow and not a single person having a scots accent was a bit dumb but not a killer. jet li playing a teenage boy? fuck off

and they should have left the name as danny the dog
rza scored it though right? didn't notice any especially good music when i saw it, gonna re-watch it one day with the music in mind

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

cuntface wrote:
admiral wrote:
Didn't he do unleashed? that movie was fucking ill - bob hoskins murders shit every time he's on screen.
the fight scenes were ok, the film being set in glasgow and not a single person having a scots accent was a bit dumb but not a killer. jet li playing a teenage boy? fuck off

and they should have left the name as danny the dog
rza scored it though right? didn't notice any especially good music when i saw it, gonna re-watch it one day with the music in mind
There was nothing in taht movie to say he's supposed to be a teenager. Now him playing a retard is genuinly a stretch.

Unleashed was underwhelming, I expected more. The best part is the first 10 minutes or so.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo