Anyone here use Netflix?

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Magneto

Anyone here use Netflix?

Post by Magneto »

I just signed up for the 11.99 option (Get two DVDs at a time, 4 for the month). I want to know is this shit any good? Any bad/good experiences with it?
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

never used netflix but you should of gotten the unlimited rentals a month option, don't know how much time you got to watch movies though, i'm signed up with blockbuster and it's 17.99 for unlimited rentals a month, 3 out at a time + every month you get two online coupons for free in-store rentals, i get the dvds in like 1-2 days after they ship from the place, sometimes 3-4 if they come out of state.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

I'm at the 2 at a time unlimited for $14.99. I had been using the 3 at a time unlimited the last 9-10 months, but that was too much.

I've only gotten the wrong DVD sent once. Otherwise I haven't really had any problems with the service.

Funky Butler

Post by Funky Butler »

I love netflix with every ounce of my being

I've never had any real problems with netflix themselves, mostly with my school's postal service making the time between sending DVD's off and getting them back gettin a little too big

during the summer when the place i worked went out of business and i was jobless, I would get three DVD's in the morning watch em all and send em back same day. shit was beautiful

so if you can, get fired or something to that effect
Hemingway Novel Model

eris

Post by eris »

Funky Butler wrote:I love netflix with every ounce of my being

I've never had any real problems with netflix

Panama

Post by Panama »

eris wrote:

I would had said this a week ago but my movie (Dark days) is like four days late

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

the 1 u picked is wack...cause ur would of gotten more then4 if u got the 9.99...(one i got) so far no problem but 1 time they didnt recieve the one i sent back and i told them and it was no problem, they just sent new one out.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

naturalborn103 wrote:the 1 u picked is wack...cause ur would of gotten more then4 if u got the 9.99...(one i got) so far no problem but 1 time they didnt recieve the one i sent back and i told them and it was no problem, they just sent new one out.
Unfortunately, I realized this, but it's all good. I wanted the Undertaker's and the Arrested Development three disc sets for now anyway.

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

when I first signed up 3 at a time unlimited it took like 4 days to get it and 4 days to send it back making it unreasonable for the price considering the turnaround was 8 days. I complained, and I'm sure many others in my state were complaining as well because like a month after I signed up a warehouse opened in Albuquerque now its a 4 day turnaround and I couldn't be happier.... I don't have cable so I usually get them and watch them and send them back in the same day which means I get like 18 movies a month which would mean like 54$ from the local spot so I make it very much worht my while...

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

i've been raping netflix for criterions like there's no tomorrow, my movie book is catching up to my cd book with a quickness
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

When you order a disc set, they send you the whole set correct? They don't split them up do they?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Magneto wrote:When you order a disc set, they send you the whole set correct? They don't split them up do they?
they do, that's how they get you

Any tv show you have to get disc by disc

Same with 2 disc editions of movies, you only get disc 1

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

drizzle wrote:
Magneto wrote:When you order a disc set, they send you the whole set correct? They don't split them up do they?

Man fuck that shiit. I need to rework this thing then....

Trademark
oil baron swaggasaurus

Post by Trademark »

Magneto wrote:
drizzle wrote:

yeah thats been my major setback.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Trademark wrote:
Magneto wrote:
drizzle wrote:

yeah thats been my major setback.
Atleast I got the two disc deal so I'll get the first two by tomorrow, hopefully. That's wack though. And obviously, every DVD I want is a disc series.

Cowy

Post by Cowy »

is it hard to burn dvds?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Cowy wrote:is it hard to burn dvds?
if your burner is fast enough then it's just a matter of downloading the right software for cracking protection

gomets11

Post by gomets11 »

Cowy wrote:is it hard to burn dvds?
check my guide

http://www.philaflava.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49136

gomets11

Post by gomets11 »

eris wrote:

I've pretty much had Netflix since its been around...I took a 4 month break when I had no money and now that I'm not in school anymore I can't keep up with the 3 at a time deal, so I'm down to 2 at a time, but man, I love it...When I was on my game - turn around time was 3 days.

Monday - They mail it to me
Tuesday - I receive, watch and mail back (if i get lucky and get the late drop at the post office)
Wedesday - They receive and mail another out

but like i said I'm a lot busier now so I'm usually averaging about 2 dvds a week now and I'm not watching most of them, just adding to my collection

MC BASS

Post by MC BASS »

I've been using NetFlix since it first started and it used to be the greatest thing to hit DVD's......3 Movies at a time, unlimited rentals a month, BUT once it caught on now there are "LONG WAIT PERIODS", "SHORT WAIT PERIODS" and then periods of "Is that movie ever gonna get here"??

I don't know if they are having major problems but thier supply hasn't been meeting the demand in my neck of the woods.....The turnaround used to be 2 1/2 days for me since I live real close to one of their distribution warehouses, but slowly but surely the movies have taken longer and longer to get to me if they make it at all.

It's still a great way to see DVD's, nothing beats sitting at home and having new movies delivered once a week (yeah, I used to able to get 2 shipments in a week, now it's only 1)

I've also noticed they are starting to hold movies for the newcomers, those of us that have been using the service longer are now having to wait longer than a new signup to receive the movies. So while Newbies are getting thier movies with the fast turnaround, it seems those of us who have been loyal for over a year or so are now on the back burner....maybe just in my area though, I have friends in other areas that aren't having the same problems I have had, but all in all it's a good service.

Choke

Post by Choke »

I've been sitting on the same three discs since September, lol.

I just don't seem to have the time to burn or watch shit anymore.
General Interests: Fine herbage! Keepin it real, Jui Ryi Ki Kung-Fu (Blue belt with shuriken certification). Banging the skins with my smokin band 'TwaughtHammer'. European motocross (plan to attend Wheelie School in Vegas this summer). MILF's, MILF's, MILF's, MILF's!

Education: J.P. Wynne High School, DeVRy University data systems management... The STREETS, YO!

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

I got my two DVDs today. Good shit. Now hopefully the return is quick too, so I can get my others by atleast Friday.

beans79

Post by beans79 »

I can't handle netflix...I need the immediate gratification of going to a video store and not being able to find what I want, as opposed to receiving a movie in the mail every week.
(18:05:41) NerdyBroad: libido cancels logic everytime

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

Magneto wrote:I got my two DVDs today. Good shit. Now hopefully the return is quick too, so I can get my others by atleast Friday.
If you plan to stay on passed this month you can switch your plans now and they will take effect next month.

Cash Rulz
Voice of Reason

Post by Cash Rulz »

Netflix is the shiddleblamshiznit.

twob

Post by twob »

One thing that I really like is that the Shipping center is not but 10 miles from my house (+/-), so the turnaround is about 1 day. Ship it out, get's received the next day, they ship the next same day, and then I get it the following day. I typically pull in around 10-13 movies a week with the 5 disc plan.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

twob wrote:One thing that I really like is that the Shipping center is not but 10 miles from my house
Same here.

twob

Post by twob »

Magneto wrote:
twob wrote:One thing that I really like is that the Shipping center is not but 10 miles from my house
Same here.
It should be all good then with the turnover. Just make sure to stock your queue up, don't want to be caught with nothing.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Greencine>>>>>>>>>>>>>Netflix.

Infinitely better movie selection.

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Greencine>>>>>>>>>>>>>Netflix.

Infinitely better movie selection.