the movie called Battle Royale.. anyone seen it?

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

poopie boy

the movie called Battle Royale.. anyone seen it?

Post by poopie boy »

i just watched it with the homies.
some japanese flick about a group of students forced to kill each other off.. the lone survivor gets to go back home.

anyone seen this movie?
i think its amazing.

Panama

Re: the movie called Battle Royale.. anyone seen it?

Post by Panama »

poopie boy wrote:
anyone seen this movie?
:naswtf:

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

You're in the wrong place buddy nobody watches that slo-mo shit here

poopie boy

Post by poopie boy »

damn.. haha i had never seen this shit before
am i living under a rock?
if so, enlighten me on other gangsta shit please.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i've definitely known about it...but haven't seen it.

you should also check out: oldboy, ichi the killer, city of god...all good foreign movies that could be classified as "gangsta shit".

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

they got a sequel to this flick...havent seen it. Heard its shit compaired to the OG. Yeah. Great movie. That one chick from KILL BILL is in it I think...

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

anyone who wants to buy the special edition boxset of this and battle royale 2, um its available. hit me!
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

I had to watch this movie a couple years ago when i was in high school. I don't understand why people like these asian movies, this shit is garbage. China & Japan arent doing it right now. You want some gangsta shit Ong Bak & Tom Yum Goong are the way to go. Pretty much put tony jaa on that island and youll have a good movie.
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

I didn't enjoy this film.

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I liked the first one a lot. The sequel is not worth your time.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote: I don't understand why people like these asian movies, this shit is garbage. China & Japan arent doing it right now. You want some gangsta shit Ong Bak & Tom Yum Goong are the way to go.
This is apples and oranges, can't compare one to the other. Tom Yum has the best fight scenes shot in a long time, but it's also one of the worst asian movies EVER. BR actually has little things like a coherent plot that makes sence, good acting, and a point besides showing how high a stunt man can jump. Also, 15 year old girls with Uzis and a teacher killing a student for talking out of turn are pretty damn gansta

on the other hand Battle Royale II is complete and utter crap, i'd like to see someone defend it just for a laugh. Biggest waste of a Sonny Chiba cameo ever.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

Random Sample wrote:I liked the first one a lot. The sequel is not worth your time.
drizzle wrote:on the other hand Battle Royale II is complete and utter crap, i'd like to see someone defend it just for a laugh. Biggest waste of a Sonny Chiba cameo ever.

worrrrrrrrd

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

Andvil wrote:
Random Sample wrote:I liked the first one a lot. The sequel is not worth your time.
drizzle wrote:on the other hand Battle Royale II is complete and utter crap, i'd like to see someone defend it just for a laugh. Biggest waste of a Sonny Chiba cameo ever.

worrrrrrrrd
I concur.

Quotashun

Post by Quotashun »

poopie boy

Post by poopie boy »

drizzle wrote:
EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote: I don't understand why people like these asian movies, this shit is garbage. China & Japan arent doing it right now. You want some gangsta shit Ong Bak & Tom Yum Goong are the way to go.
This is apples and oranges, can't compare one to the other. Tom Yum has the best fight scenes shot in a long time, but it's also one of the worst asian movies EVER. BR actually has little things like a coherent plot that makes sence, good acting, and a point besides showing how high a stunt man can jump. Also, 15 year old girls with Uzis and a teacher killing a student for talking out of turn are pretty damn gansta

on the other hand Battle Royale II is complete and utter crap, i'd like to see someone defend it just for a laugh. Biggest waste of a Sonny Chiba cameo ever.
Sonny Chiba from camp lo?
THATS gangsta

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

poopie boy wrote:
Sonny Chiba from camp lo?
THATS gangsta
i don't know if you're serious or joking here, but either way I just fell out laughing
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

hustler

Post by hustler »

this movie was actually dope. i recoemend it, i never saw the sequal becuz i was warned it was terrible. ive seen ong bak as well but they are completely different movies but both are really good. i want to see this toong ma coon one or wutever it is though.

killing your classmates on a island..damn thats tight..they should have an american remake or seomthing. they could call it "battle royal: columbine edition"
thekeentwo wrote:hustler we can totally have sex

EMCEE DARTH MALEK

Post by EMCEE DARTH MALEK »

hahaha i didnt know columbine jokes could still be funny

Anyway Ong bak is different from that retarded japanese shit yeah, only mentioned it cause the guy wants to see some GANGSTA SHIT
1. Nas
2. Drake

that's pretty much it fam.