Spawn (animated series) Appreciation Thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

bostaff skillz

Spawn (animated series) Appreciation Thread

Post by bostaff skillz »

this is one of the most under rated cartoons of all time. i cant think of one other cartoon that can create suspence and drama like this one can. all though they have one of the greatest stories to work with, it really shows that directing and editing can be just as effective in an animated series as a feature length movie.

i only got the third season though so if anyones got teh first two can u please upload them.

i know im not the only one who thinks that this cartoon is one of the GOATs. so lets discuss how great this show was.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Re: Spawn (animated series) Appreciation Thread

Post by drizzle »

bostaff skillz wrote: they have one of the greatest stories to work with, it really shows that directing and editing can be just as effective in an animated series as a feature length movie.
this is a wild exaduration, and this show didn't do anything that anime hasn't been doing for decades.

Still, don't get me wrong, this show was the shit. gotta give props to HBO for taking it on. I recall the first season being the best, then the story kind of went all over the place
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

bostaff skillz

Post by bostaff skillz »

i dont watch anime

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Umm yeah...... denial.....river in egypt....... you know how this joke goes
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

That show was the shit. Wonder how cheap i can find all the seasons on DVD
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

intuition
Uh, I rap too!

Post by intuition »

my dad and i taped this show religiously the first two seasons. prolly still have the vhs' at home in alaska. the show did get really wack by the end of season two. but yes the first season was extremely dope.