DAVE CHAPPEL TO BE ON OPRAH TODAY

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

CRASH DDZ

DAVE CHAPPEL TO BE ON OPRAH TODAY

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Any of you folks at home please keep us informed.

I wanna know if the Black Illuminatti really exists.

:gyeah:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

can someone upload this tonight?

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Yeah I watched it. It was real informative (Unlike this post). Peace.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

watched all of it, good to hear he still wants to do the show, well finish season 3 up atleast if comedy central re-does the contract, have a feelin they will be a lil bitch about it though.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Magneto wrote:Yeah I watched it. It was real informative (Unlike this post). Peace.
YEAH THAT'S WHY I POSTED. TO GET INFO.

You're the one that watched it..up some info dummy.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

CRASH DDZ wrote:
Magneto wrote:Yeah I watched it. It was real informative (Unlike this post). Peace.

LOL calm your punk ass down. I was calling my post uninformative, not yours. Dummy.

"CHICAGO - Comedian Dave Chappelle told Oprah Winfrey he was stressed out and not crazy or on drugs when he abruptly left his hit Comedy Central show last spring during production.

In his first television interview since ditching "Chappelle's Show" in May, Chappelle said that after he signed a $50 million deal for the third and fourth seasons in August 2004, too many people were trying to control him and his show.

"I wasn't crazy but it is incredibly stressful," Chappelle, 32, said during his appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that aired Friday.

"I felt in a lot of instances I was deliberately being put through stress because when you're a guy who generates money people have a vested interested in controlling you," Chappelle said.

Last May, with the premiere date looming for the third season, Chappelle stunned his fans and the entertainment industry by leaving the show in mid-production. He spent two weeks in South Africa before returning home to his farm near Yellow Springs, Ohio, about 75 miles northeast of Cincinnati. Chappelle has since resumed performing live standup.

The provocative and sometimes raunchy comedian denied reports that his mysterious departure was caused by mental or drug problems. But he told Winfrey that other people were trying to get him to take psychotic medication when he decided to leave the show and country, without telling anyone except his brother before he left.

Chappelle stressed that the fame that grew as his show become increasingly popular wasn't the problem, but instead he felt awful going to work.

"I would go to work on the show and I felt awful every day, that's not the way it was" he said. "I felt like some kind of prostitute or something. If I feel so bad, why keep on showing up to this place? I'm going to Africa. The hardest thing to do is to be true to yourself, especially when everybody is watching."

The comedian did not rule out returning to film the rest of third and fourth seasons of "Chappelle's Show" but only under certain circumstances. For example, Chappelle said he would like to donate a portion of the proceeds from DVD sales to the less fortunate.

The status of his show has hung in limbo since May. Comedy Central announced in December that four half-hour episodes of "Chappelle's Show"

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

Magneto wrote: The comedian did not rule out returning to film the rest of third and fourth seasons of "Chappelle's Show" but only under certain circumstances. For example, Chappelle said he would like to donate a portion of the proceeds from DVD sales to the less fortunate.

He said one breaking point was when he was doing a skit and he saw one of his white employees laughing. And said you can tell when someone's laughing with you, and laughing at you. And said, he felt that what he was doing was funny, but morally irresponsible. He said he felt some "coonishness" in his comedy.
:larry:

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

he seemed high.
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Magneto wrote:
CRASH DDZ wrote:

LOL calm your punk ass down. I was calling my post uninformative, not yours. Dummy.

"CHICAGO - Comedian Dave Chappelle told Oprah Winfrey he was stressed out and not crazy or on drugs when he abruptly left his hit Comedy Central show last spring during production.

In his first television interview since ditching "Chappelle's Show" in May, Chappelle said that after he signed a $50 million deal for the third and fourth seasons in August 2004, too many people were trying to control him and his show.

"I wasn't crazy but it is incredibly stressful," Chappelle, 32, said during his appearance on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" that aired Friday.

"I felt in a lot of instances I was deliberately being put through stress because when you're a guy who generates money people have a vested interested in controlling you," Chappelle said.

Last May, with the premiere date looming for the third season, Chappelle stunned his fans and the entertainment industry by leaving the show in mid-production. He spent two weeks in South Africa before returning home to his farm near Yellow Springs, Ohio, about 75 miles northeast of Cincinnati. Chappelle has since resumed performing live standup.

The provocative and sometimes raunchy comedian denied reports that his mysterious departure was caused by mental or drug problems. But he told Winfrey that other people were trying to get him to take psychotic medication when he decided to leave the show and country, without telling anyone except his brother before he left.

Chappelle stressed that the fame that grew as his show become increasingly popular wasn't the problem, but instead he felt awful going to work.

"I would go to work on the show and I felt awful every day, that's not the way it was" he said. "I felt like some kind of prostitute or something. If I feel so bad, why keep on showing up to this place? I'm going to Africa. The hardest thing to do is to be true to yourself, especially when everybody is watching."

The comedian did not rule out returning to film the rest of third and fourth seasons of "Chappelle's Show" but only under certain circumstances. For example, Chappelle said he would like to donate a portion of the proceeds from DVD sales to the less fortunate.

The status of his show has hung in limbo since May. Comedy Central announced in December that four half-hour episodes of "Chappelle's Show"

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

pretty good interview actually. not an oprah fan at all, but this wasn't a cream puff blow job interview.

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

Julius Seizure wrote:pretty good interview actually. not an oprah fan at all, but this wasn't a cream puff blow job interview.
She kept puttin words in his mouth though.

Walter Sobchak
some schmuck

Post by Walter Sobchak »

Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
Julius Seizure wrote:pretty good interview actually. not an oprah fan at all, but this wasn't a cream puff blow job interview.
no shit, and he was just like "YEAH, EXACTLY." weird to say the least.

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

yeah, i agree. but he was being super vague about things. its always about oprah anyways...i find her pretty unbearable.

she was good in the color purple.

dudley dawson

Post by dudley dawson »

she was looking good in this episode tho
tommorow never comes
yesterday never happened
today is a loosely based on a reality thats imagined

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

I worked on that Dave Chapelle's Block Party movie. Didn't meet Dave Chapelle or the director (Michel Gondry) but I worked on that fucker.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

insprdbysk8n wrote:
Tariq's Dilemma wrote:
no shit, and he was just like "YEAH, EXACTLY." weird to say the least.
To be honest, I think it was only like that cause he was so slow to get his thoughts out she was just trying to push forward what she thought he's attempting say in a round about way.