The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada

Post by Smooth Lou »

Hey all, just saw this movie on Saturday, and I highly recommend it.

For those that don't know, it stars Tommy Lee Jones (first time director as well) as an old cowboy near the US/Mexico border. He becomes friends/co-workers with an illegal immigrant, Melquiades Estrada, who, as the title suggests, dies. Berry Pepper plays an ASSHOLE of a border patrol officer, and Dwight Yoakam (the second time I've seen him in a movie, first of which was Sling Blade) is superb as his commanding officer. The film is surprisingly funny throughout, relying on human interaction for laughs, despite the grizzly subject matter. Great cowboy movie. If you want to see a story about two cowboys who love each other, but don't want to see Jake Gyllenhall be man-handled, then "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" is the film for you.

Also, props to the people I saw the movie with... they didn't talk and their cellphones didn't go off the whole damn time. It was phenomenal. Best movie going experience in years.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Glad you had a good time. I've been wanting to see this for a while so... I will.

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

good movie..i recommend it as well.
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße