Stranger and a Gunfighter - a kung-fu spaghetti western!!!!

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Stranger and a Gunfighter - a kung-fu spaghetti western!!!!

Post by drizzle »

holy shit, Lo Lieh and Lee Van Cliff together in the same movie? Made by Shaw bros? I just came a little. This bad boy is not even that rare apparently, just overlooked

Also, i've come into possession of Fearless, will put up a review in a few days
Last edited by drizzle on Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

I think I've heard of this... There were quite a few spaghetti and rice westerns weren't there? No matter.

I still need to see Red Sun.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

StormShadow wrote:I think I've heard of this... There were quite a few spaghetti and rice westerns weren't there? No matter.

i'm a bit disappointed i'm not seeing the same pants-staining excitement from you upon seeing Lee Van Cliff and Lo Lieh on one box (or should I say Angeleyes and Pai Mei on one box, that sounds cooler)

The only other one I've heard of from the appropriate time period is Red Sun. Besides that, the only ones i know is Shanghai Noon and Once upon a time in china and america.

Red sun is not out on dvd i don't think, the only copy i've seen for sale is on russian VHS. I've actually seen it when i was little in the old country, and i remember it being off the hook. Couple of reviews i read recently though all say that it's just interesting for having all those people together, the movie itself is shaky. I'd still cop it of course

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

drizzle wrote:
StormShadow wrote:I think I've heard of this... There were quite a few spaghetti and rice westerns weren't there? No matter.

i'm a bit disappointed i'm not seeing the same pants-staining excitement from you upon seeing Lee Van Cliff and Lo Lieh on one box (or should I say Angeleyes and Pai Mei on one box, that sounds cooler)

The only other one I've heard of from the appropriate time period is Red Sun. Besides that, the only ones i know is Shanghai Noon and Once upon a time in china and america.

Red sun is not out on dvd i don't think, the only copy i've seen for sale is on russian VHS. I've actually seen it when i was little in the old country, and i remember it being off the hook. Couple of reviews i read recently though all say that it's just interesting for having all those people together, the movie itself is shaky. I'd still cop it of course
Well, maybe if I could *see* the cover I'd be more excited. You need to find a different picture, all I'm seeing is the HKflix logo.

I don't have time right now, but I swear I remember seeing other movies with kung fu dudes throwing down in the old west.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

StormShadow wrote:
drizzle wrote:

Well, maybe if I could *see* the cover I'd be more excited. You need to find a different picture, all I'm seeing is the HKflix logo.
BURRRRRRRRN!!!

me too

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Andvil wrote:
StormShadow wrote:
drizzle wrote:

BURRRRRRRRN!!!

me too
bitches, don't make me put my rings on

fixed

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Well whaddyaknow, I am more excited now.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

StormShadow wrote:Well whaddyaknow, I am more excited now.
eeehhhh, i don't care anymore the moment's gone

YOU RUINED IT FOR ME YOU BASTARD

btw, my awesome bootleg cop list for today goes like this:

- Fearless
- Sympathy for Lady vengeance
- Stranger and gunfighter
- Suicide club (never actually seen this before)
- Geochilmaru (aka Showdown)

I might go back and grab Fists and Guts too

HopeLess
Steve Roger's Ghost

Post by HopeLess »

drizzle wrote:
StormShadow wrote:Well whaddyaknow, I am more excited now.
eeehhhh, i don't care anymore the moment's gone

YOU RUINED IT FOR ME YOU BASTARD

btw, my awesome bootleg cop list for today goes like this:

- Fearless
- Sympathy for Lady vengeance
- Stranger and gunfighter
- Suicide club (never actually seen this before)
- Geochilmaru (aka Showdown)

I might go back and grab Fists and Guts too
oh shit son.

i have to see Fearless.