New Michael Moore Doc: Sicko

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Kid B

New Michael Moore Doc: Sicko

Post by Kid B »

Michael Moore's new spin on the American Healthcare system.

http://www.countingdown.com/movies/3554550

HMOs and Health Care Providers will no doubt be good targets for Moore to go off on. The whole topic of healthcare itself is broad enough to make for controversial discourse. Moore could benefit from a good healthcare system himself, the fat bastard.

J-Murda

Re: New Michael Moore Doc: Sicko

Post by J-Murda »

Kid B wrote:Moore could benefit from a good healthcare system himself, the fat bastard.
Or maybe he should just eat less.

Anyway, I'm sure this will be a totally objective examination of the American health care system. I'm sure he won't cynically shove his camera in front of dying people's faces to score cheap emotional points. I'm sure he will offer instructive, realistic ideas for the future of American health care.
"Down South on vacation just this year a couple different people asked if I was Arab or Hispanic and I've got pulled away from security lines at airports the last two times I flied." - Icesickle

Kid B

Post by Kid B »

J-Murda wrote:
Kid B wrote:Moore could benefit from a good healthcare system himself, the fat bastard.

Anyway, I'm sure this will be a totally objective examination of the American health care system. I'm sure he won't cynically shove his camera in front of dying people's faces to score cheap emotional points. I'm sure he will offer instructive, realistic ideas for the future of American health care.
This is the first time I agree with you, J.
Moore will most likely exploit himself, his subjects and the end result will be a pandering, pathetic commentary on what is already obvious to the majority of the nation.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Kid B wrote:
J-Murda wrote:

Moore will most likely exploit himself, his subjects and the end result will be a pandering, pathetic commentary on what is already obvious to the majority of the nation.
I think you really overestimate how much people in this country know about any political topic. This type of populist left-wing cinema needs to be out there...

However, Moore could really do himself and his message a favor by just directing the film under a psuedonym. Dude has already made an embarassment out of himself on every talk show he was on promoting F 9/11.

Kid B

Post by Kid B »

Icesickle wrote:
Kid B wrote:
J-Murda wrote:

I think you really overestimate how much people in this country know about any political topic. This type of populist left-wing cinema needs to be out there...

However, Moore could really do himself and his message a favor by just directing the film under a psuedonym. Dude has already made an embarassment out of himself on every talk show he was on promoting F 9/11.
These films should speak for themselves. But ever since Bowling For Columbine, every aspiring filmmaker with a $50,000 budget have been trying to make documentaries. They all go on the Daily and Late Shows and pitch it like it's some revolutionary discovery. I think Michael Moore is simply trying to show these other assholes that's he's been the first of the few to make some money and an impression on the public.

PiThief

Post by PiThief »

this guy does damage to any cause he takes up. He makes movies for the people who already agree with him and isolates everybody else.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

yeah but all he needs to do is read off J. Dilla's health bill and his case is on point.

it's not like he's wrong... it's just that he's, well... him.

he tells truth, but thru his lens, it feels a little icky

i am too hung over to talk details
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Funk Docta Bombay
Head Cynic In Charge
Location: Fuck You, Fuck You, You're cool, and fuck you I'm out.

Post by Funk Docta Bombay »

I'm still mad Tarentino gave him the palm d'or to satisfy boss Weinstein.

citizen

Post by citizen »

he should make a nondocumentary movie, to show if he has any skills

Dunnnnleavy

Post by Dunnnnleavy »

citizen wrote:he should make a nondocumentary movie, to show if he has any skills
i don't think the art is what his focus is.
When people think of Providence, Rhode Island they typically think of organized crime

citizen

Post by citizen »

Dunnnnleavy wrote:
citizen wrote:he should make a nondocumentary movie, to show if he has any skills
i don't think the art is what his focus is.
then he should die

De Seven Free

Post by De Seven Free »

PiThief wrote:this guy does damage to any cause he takes up. He makes movies for the people who already agree with him and isolates everybody else.
I've not found this to be true here. In fact I've found Sun readers without a particularly keen interest in politics to be more susceptible to his schtik than left-wingers with a critical eye.

MGP
The Slick Rick of PF

Post by MGP »

I'm excited about this.

You know what, I think that F9-11 wasn't as bad as everyone says. The only thing I didn't like about it was that he asked politicians to sign their kids up for war... that was going too far in my opinion.

People who have such disparaging remarks about the man should watch Roger and Me.

I think the man has goodwill in his heart, he just can't express it without eliciting a cheap form of pathos. But, his critics are blowing that way out of proportion. Using 9-11 to wage war in Iraq is ten times worse when it comes to exploiting pathos to undertake an initiative so Moore gets a pass in my opinion. Maybe people should think of that next time they critique Moore. I'd like to think he was fighting fire with fire.

Also, Bowling for Columbine is one of the finest documentaries I've ever watched. I don't watch many but what he proves about out gun-culture and media's infatuation with violence and scare tactics. It's one thing to see the news clips of Canadian news programs that Moore provided and think that since Moore hand picked it he can prove his point but when I was there over New Years I found Moore to be correct.

He message isn't the problem, it's his personallity (to some).

That said, I'll be in line to see this in theatres.

J-Murda

Post by J-Murda »

MGP wrote:Also, Bowling for Columbine is one of the finest documentaries I've ever watched. I don't watch many...
"Down South on vacation just this year a couple different people asked if I was Arab or Hispanic and I've got pulled away from security lines at airports the last two times I flied." - Icesickle

Kid B

Post by Kid B »

:lol:

Employee
Fast Eddie

Post by Employee »

It will be entertaining and that's where it will stop. Michael Moore commits the same shit lefties rant and rave at Fox about in documentary form.

Whatever. He's fat. I won't pay to see it in the theaters. I'll wait until someone I know rents it.