The Hills Have Eyes

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

admiral

The Hills Have Eyes

Post by admiral »

Not for the squeemish, apparently. It's supposed to be incredibly graphic and brutal - it's about damn time horror movies got back to shit like this.

This was remade by the guys who did High Tension, but I don't think there can be a ridiculous plot twist in this one.

Any takers?

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

original 70's one is pretty brutal, i'm curious about this more than other similar remakes for some reason
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

Post by pennsylvania jones »

wife and i going to see it tonight.
trailer looked decent

Prophecy
not Psychosis

Post by Prophecy »

Looks like it has potential to be dope....But at the same time it has potential to be terrible...Im thinking there will be no middle ground with this one.
"Dosent russian bitches let you shit on their face?" -AxEwOuNdFiStEr-
Masked Terror #1 wrote:We were cranking Slayer on the underwater speakers the whole trip. Sharks love Slayer.
Reggie wrote:Bottom line is that if you're not making rap music because you love it and/or you've got something unique to say, that is, if rap is just your "hustle", then you're a fucking asshole.

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

The 70s one is pretty good.

This is a rarity: a horror remake that has promise. Didn't see High Tension but heard great things. A friend saw Hills Have Eyes (the remake) and said it was pretty damn good.

Definitely gonna see this.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

High Tension was pretty great until the hilarious twist. This should be pretty good if they dont mess with the story.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

cascarrabias wrote:

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

I can't wait to see that ish this weekend. Word.

MaskedTerror # 2

Post by MaskedTerror # 2 »

Unless the principal from the Smoking in the Boys Room video is in it, I got no interest.

Masked Terror # 2- The Violent One

"The pleasure was yours"

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

I always see violent horror movies.

Psychosis
Habitual Line-stepper

Post by Psychosis »

I never watch horror movies, but this one seemed interesting. Then the reviews came in. I imagine horror movies usually don't get good reviews though.
Cash Rulz ponders the subjectivity of art:
Cash Rulz wrote:Taste are funny.

The Bza
O.G. Status

Post by The Bza »

Jizzy wrote:
cascarrabias wrote:

jul

Post by jul »

i cant even watch the previews for this, it looks disturbing.

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

Anyone seen this yet?

HustleCrowe

Post by HustleCrowe »

arlene wrote:Anyone seen this yet?

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

Saw it tonight, it was ok. A lot of cheap scares and most of the horror is supposed to be how creepy the "people in the hills" are.

The gore was satisfactory..I guess.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

I gotta slightly disagree with my man Christpuncher. I saw it tonight too and I really enjoyed myself. Yes, there are some cheap, stupid scares in the first half. I stopped counting them after I got to five. I found this to be a far superior movie to Wolf Creek and Hostel which were the last gore explosions I saw in theatre.

Anyway, I thought the music in the movie was fantastic (and I do believe the Silent Hill trailer jacks some of it), the visuals were nice, the gore was basically borderline NC-17, and it's the type of movie that's not afraid to wave a gun in a baby's face which is nice.

Two minor spoilery things that I found awesome, but if you want a virgin experience, don't highlight it.
When Lizard (I think) grabs the bird (who cares), bites off its head (whatever, little ozzy tribute, okay), and then squeezes it like a feathered juicebox and guzzles the contents (alright, that I liked). And then the other thing I liked was our boy, the hero, he finally makes his bones and takes one of the creepies out, and as he's standing there soaked in blood, they have the balls to start playing fake spaghetti western music. Well, there's no quicker way to my heart than fake spaghetti western music.
Basically the movie gave me everything I expected it to. It's a stupid horror movie, but it's well made. And it's got that mean 70's vibe going on which is a plus. Curious to see what everybody else thinks. Horror and Comedy tend to be quite polarizing.

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

I saw it Friday. My wife's girlfriend left the theatre, she couldn't take it. Many parts were disturbing, but I made it through with flying colors. For a horror movie it was fine, just fine. Would I see it again? probably not.

It's a one and done for me. Then again, same goes for Hostel.

horror movie rating: 8/10

any movie i've seen rating: 6/10

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

pendiana jones wrote:I saw it Friday. My wife's girlfriend left the theatre, she couldn't take it.
Lemme guess, the trailer scene? Which I really didn't think was *that* bad in the big scheme of things.

pennsylvania jones
6th Man HOF

StormShadow wrote:
pendiana jones wrote:I saw it Friday. My wife's girlfriend left the theatre, she couldn't take it.
Lemme guess, the trailer scene? Which I really didn't think was *that* bad in the big scheme of things.
She's got 2 small kids, so stuff like that hits her harder.

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

pendiana jones wrote:
StormShadow wrote:
She's got 2 small kids, so stuff like that hits her harder.
Fair enough. No, that was the part that got people in my theatre.

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

so the best part of the movie is that little girls deformed face?

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

I actually agree about the music in the movie, but I forgot to mention it. It was really cool stuff and came in at just the right moments. The family in the movie also isn't completely braindead, so that helped.

Simple Rock

Post by Simple Rock »

Am I the only one who thought the whole movie was pretty good but the ENDING FUCKING SUCKED???!?

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

I still can't decide if I should see this or not. :killacam:

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

I saw it. I feel worse as a human being for having watched it, if that helps any of you to make a decision on this one. Basically, it's got a lot of gore, and some ugly people, and some stupid people, and some cheap scares here and there.

It had traces of a great horror movie, but too much of it was by-the-numbers lame. The parts where the hero kicks ass were genuinely enjoyable, and the hero's musical theme made me smile, but the characters were stupid stupid stupid and I didn't like any of them.

Oh, also, the teenage daughter was looking reeeeeally good.

More disturbingly though:
spoiler wrote:that creepy dude sucking on that girl's boob made me throw up in my mouth a little.

Love,

Smooth Lou
Last edited by Smooth Lou on Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jizzy
O.G. Status

Post by Jizzy »

I need to see this. Is this as disturbing as "The Devil's Rejects"?

Choke

Post by Choke »

I liked it. Some pretty disturbing scenes, and I like when people just die in flicks that you don't anticipate dying. Ending sucked, but was a pretty standard old school horror flick ending, so I didnt hate it that much. The fucker in the wheelchair with the long head (no homo) was probably the most disturbing looking thing in the movie for me, and why was that dog so anti-freak? It would just tear them to shreds, sometimes without reason other than them being gross looking.
General Interests: Fine herbage! Keepin it real, Jui Ryi Ki Kung-Fu (Blue belt with shuriken certification). Banging the skins with my smokin band 'TwaughtHammer'. European motocross (plan to attend Wheelie School in Vegas this summer). MILF's, MILF's, MILF's, MILF's!

Education: J.P. Wynne High School, DeVRy University data systems management... The STREETS, YO!

StormShadow

Post by StormShadow »

Choke wrote:I liked it. Some pretty disturbing scenes, and I like when people just die in flicks that you don't anticipate dying. Ending sucked, but was a pretty standard old school horror flick ending, so I didnt hate it that much. The fucker in the wheelchair with the long head (no homo) was probably the most disturbing looking thing in the movie for me, and why was that dog so anti-freak? It would just tear them to shreds, sometimes without reason other than them being gross looking.
Well,
They did Kill and eat Beast's girlfriend, Beauty, so he was pretty ticked

artMajor

Post by artMajor »

I saw it yesterday afternoon, i was a little impared and it was still just an ok movie. nothing special. very little diolauge in the movie, but it was a horror movie, sorta.