Truly Great Band Names

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Masked Terror #1

Truly Great Band Names

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

My new favorite?

I Love You, But I've Chosen Darkness

Random Sample

Post by Random Sample »

I like Wolfmother.

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Niggaz WIth Attitude

barknee

Post by barknee »

Aids Wolf
ImageImageImage

tpp

Post by tpp »

...Of Maggot Kin

TyTaylorFromRockStar:Inxs
Location: "..I feel like a little white girl. I feel fat" - Bun B

Post by TyTaylorFromRockStar:Inxs »

Nig-Heist.

arlene
Crazy Alice

Post by arlene »

The Buck Paxton Skin Flute Jamboree

Catch us live at the Lucky Dog May 28th

T-Wrex

Post by T-Wrex »

Godspeed You Black Emperor

Russian
NSFW

Post by Russian »

Wagon Christ

Anal Cunt

GM Dizzy Skillespie
Ghetto Revivalist

Post by GM Dizzy Skillespie »

Shat

coldwatermusic

Re: Truly Great Band Names

Post by coldwatermusic »

Masked Terror #1 wrote:My new favorite?

I Love You, But I've Chosen Darkness
word. read that name a couple of weeks ago and I went from :naswtf: to :hooray:

Sankofa

Post by Sankofa »

The Kegels

coldwatermusic

Post by coldwatermusic »

also:

Jackie-O Motherfucker

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

no use for a name

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

CRASH DDZ wrote:no use for a name
That HAS to be an emo band. :lol:

Hows about Naked Trucker and T-Bones?

They are what they're named.

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Smooth Lou wrote:

you are correct sir !Image

b0mbs_of_death

Post by b0mbs_of_death »

Full Blown AIDS

Coathanger Abortions

Scrotum Grinder

Bathtub Shitter

Julius Seizure

Post by Julius Seizure »

the sweatpant boners

left nut

wargasm

knee deep in blood

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

CRASH DDZ wrote:
Smooth Lou wrote:

you are correct sir !Image
not really.. they're pretty typical fat wreck mall punk. similar to nofx, rancid, etc.

i had really refined musical sensibilities in high school.

uh zip zoom

Post by uh zip zoom »

and as far as band names i like yo la tengo, the smoking popes, the silver jews, and animal collective.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Nunslaughter. Peep the new 7" for FUCK THAT CUNT on Terranis Records (out of Hungary).

www.nunslaughter.com

Top 5 Dead or Alive.

Deformed in 1987 by Don of the Dead (Bass) with Jer the Butcher (Guitar), Gregoroth (Vocals) and Behemoth Bill (Drums), the spawn called Nun Slaughter began spewing forth the sonic vomit known as Death Metal. Shunning the vile confines of a studio for the oppressive darkness of a basement tomb, they released their first demo in 1987 and christened it "Ritual of Darkness". The raw sound of "Ritual" established N.S. as purveyors of true Death Metal.
The bands line up experienced it first of many mutations in '89, with Jer and Bill being replaced by Rick Rancid (Guitar) and John Sicko (Drums). NunSlaughter's, second bastard offspring came screaming through the birth canal shortly thereafter, dragging it's fetid placenta, "The Rolling Christ". The next band-member morphogenesis occurred in 1991, when Gregoroth and Sick slithered away. Von the Impaler latched on as a drummer and Don of the Dead (still on bass) became Nun Slaughter's vocalist as well. This repugnant assemblage produced the band's third demo, "Impale the Soul of Christ on the Inverted Cross of Death".
Two years crawled by before the next Nun Slaughter creation was revealed. In 1993, upon learning that the now legendary "Ritual of Darkness" demo was being bootlegged as a 7" record in Brazil, Don of the dead began conspiring to celebrate Nun Slaughter's international conquest. The band conjured up yet another drummer - Mark Perversion. Hell bent on keeping the intrinsic, unrefined sound that had become their trademark, N.S. recorded their infamous "The Guts of Christ" demo completely live in their living room.
In 1995, NunSlaughter reinstated the unholy alliance of three of the original members: Don of the Dead, Gregoroth and the Butcher. This sinister triad summoned the relentless drumming powers of Jim Sadist and exorcised the :Face of Evil: demo for the underground Death Metal masses. In January of '97 (after Gregoroth and the Butcher went their separate ways) Don and Jim, along with fresh meat Chris 213 (bass) and Blood (Guitar), began a new decade of death with the band's first studio recording, a split 7" record with Bloodstick.
After countless setbacks but continuous writing Nun Slaughter unleased four more 7" records. This first being a limited edition glow in the dark split 7" record with Dekapitator. A meeting of the most sinister kind came about with the release of 666 copies of a split 7" with Crucifer. Unable to restrain their twisted prolific minds, Nun Slaughter then produced an entire 7" record entitled "Blood Devil". And the legend continues to grow with their split 7" with the cult female death metal band Derketa.
With the signing to Revenge Productions Nun Slaughter released their full length LP/CD "Hells Unholy Fire". A tour was arranged to promote the LP and NunSlaughter began their European tour in September 2000. While touring NS released another 7" record "Trifurcate". This was another vile release that is heralded by the underground as one of best 7"s.
Continuing with the tradition of vinyl and metal NunSlaughter prominently display their prowess in song writing ability and creativity in releasing many 7"s with specialty packaging. The time was ripe and the desire was there so NunSlaughter decided to release another full length studio LP in 2003. Entitled GOAT this recording was released by Revenge Productions in Europe and Metal War Productions in the USA. Another tour was booked and NunSlaughter prepared to invade Australia on their Metal Assault tour. Booking six dates in Australia with some of the best underground Aussie bands NunSlaughter held their own and proved their metal music can reach half way around the world.
Upon their return NunSlaughter spent the next 2 years writing and recording over 16 new 7"s records and split 7"s. Working almost exclusively with Hells Headbangers NunSlaughter has been able to produce some of the undergrounds most sought after vinyl releases. The planets aligned correctly in 2005 and another tour was prepared and booked this time in Japan. The GOAT LP/CD had been sold out for a long time so plans were made to re-press it again with a new layout as a digi CD on Hells Headbangers.
The tour was once again successful and NunSlaughter has returned as conquerors of the land of the rising sun. Now in July 2005 there are 9 more releases planned before the end of the year and 2006 is shaping up to be a RECORD releasing year from the mighty hordes.
Nearly 18 years and still underground there is no end in sight. Metal is Death Death is Metal NunSlaughter Death Metal.

Ty

Post by Ty »

No band name will ever get angstier than Rage Against the Machine.

The The

Men Without Hats

Free Beer

Lazersnake (some local guys)

coldwatermusic

Post by coldwatermusic »

Two horrible bands with dope names
-Clap your hands say yeah
-Death Cab for Cutie

no band but anyway:

-Treva Whateva

CRASH DDZ

Post by CRASH DDZ »

Deathcab is dope.

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

SLEEZY JESUS & THE SPLATTER PIGS!!!

AWAE

Post by AWAE »

the mothers of invention

Steezel Weezel

Post by Steezel Weezel »

D.C. Snipers
Cartridge Family

word to Jackie-O Motherfucker, but a bunch of these other ones are wack. just because a band name is a sentence long doesn't make it good.

cynosure

Post by cynosure »

cynosure

Post by cynosure »

dp

darkwingduck

Post by darkwingduck »

Leningrad cowboys...I think they even have a movie out