hustle and flow was complete ASS

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

locke cole

Post by locke cole »

EMCEE DARTH MALEK wrote:What were you guys expecting that didn't like this?
My problem is that it was exactly what I was expecting, so I don't understand why people thought it was so good. Why should I care that some pimp wants to start rapping?

It was just as boring and predictable as 8 mile and any other follow your dream movie that has come out in the last few years
i may have worn sandals in the past but thats because it was hot. - sole

Smithee
ladies luv kool smithee

Post by Smithee »

the Wiper wrote:
barknee wrote:it's perfectly enjoyable but really, it's neither amazing or terrible by any stretch of the imagination...
well put...
imo, it's anthony anderson that makes it worthwhile.....

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

locke cole wrote:
My problem is that it was exactly what I was expecting, so I don't understand why people thought it was so good. Why should I care that some pimp wants to start rapping?

It was just as boring and predictable as 8 mile and any other follow your dream movie that has come out in the last few years
:larry:

You saw that Ludacris part coming; where he flushed the tape down the toilet? Name me another movie about a pimp where the pimp's humanized and has a familial relationship with his hos? Yeah, the storyline was kind of cliched, but the characters and plot twists within the story (Luda dumping the tape, DJ selling the white ho for a nice mic, etc.) weren't expected at all. Maybe if it had a bunch of unneccesary time jump or flowed backwards like Memento it wouldn't get all this hate. :ironmike:

I'm not saying this film reinvented the wheel, but it was excellent for what it was. Terrance Howard put in the best performance of the year, Athony Anderson and that girl who played the white ho put in good performances, and the direction and script helped capture a regional locale that's never been put on film that much (urban Nashville). I appreciate films that pay attention to regional nuances...and this film does a very good job of that.

binary

Post by binary »

Allan Smithee wrote:
the Wiper wrote:
barknee wrote:it's perfectly enjoyable but really, it's neither amazing or terrible by any stretch of the imagination...
well put...
imo, it's anthony anderson that makes it worthwhile.....
Damn, this movie must suck then.

CaseJuan

Post by CaseJuan »

Icesickle wrote:
locke cole wrote:

:larry:

You saw that Ludacris part coming; where he flushed the tape down the toilet? Name me another movie about a pimp where the pimp's humanized and has a familial relationship with his hos? Yeah, the storyline was kind of cliched, but the characters and plot twists within the story (Luda dumping the tape, DJ selling the white ho for a nice mic, etc.) weren't expected at all. Maybe if it had a bunch of unneccesary time jump or flowed backwards like Memento it wouldn't get all this hate. :ironmike:

I'm not saying this film reinvented the wheel, but it was excellent for what it was. Terrance Howard put in the best performance of the year, Athony Anderson and that girl who played the white ho put in good performances, and the direction and script helped capture a regional locale that's never been put on film that much (urban Nashville). I appreciate films that pay attention to regional nuances...and this film does a very good job of that.
Those plot twists were very weak. I didn't think Luda would flush the tape, but I knew he was gonna fuck terrence's character over somehow or another.

I actually like this movie, but its completely overrated. I only wanted to see it cause evertbody was singing "Whoop that Trick" so I thought the track might actually be decent. But that nigga was a shitty rapper which pretty much ruined the movie for me. It was anti-climatic too. This nigga hears his song on the radio while he's in jail. If was a pimp with half of a brain he would have sent the white ho to the radio station with the song as soon as he recorded it. DJ Qualls doesn't really do it for me in this movie either.

Do you like titties?

Ches!