The Wire - Season 4

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Lester Maddox

Post by Lester Maddox »

BRAZ wrote:cant find 10 anywhere
From looking around everywhere for these eps, here's how I understand things. Episodes 6-9, 11 (usually mislabeled as 10 as posted above) and 13 are readily available on bittorrent sites in .avi format. Episodes 10 and 12 are only available in realmedia format. Here are sendspace links to both of those.

Ep 10 - part 1
http://www.sendspace.com/file/gtdy0z

Ep 10 - part 2
http://www.sendspace.com/file/6g79ag

Ep 12 - part 1
http://www.sendspace.com/file/7umrad

Ep 12 - part 2
http://www.sendspace.com/file/f8rf64

Most importantly, beware of downloading episode 13 (the finale) in .avi format. The file only runs 58 mins and 34 seconds which cuts off the end of the episode. (The episode is actually 1 hour and 19 mins.) Below is the link to the season finale in realmedia format.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lr5mv3

four_see

Post by four_see »

^^

this shit is on point, thanks for the info.

however, those sendspace links say that theres no download slots available.

season 4 is great so far

Lester Maddox

Post by Lester Maddox »

yeah, it can take awhile to get a slot, but it's worth it. The latter part of the season has some of the most amazing moments of the entire show.

Lester Maddox

Post by Lester Maddox »

BRAZ

Post by BRAZ »

oh shit thanks dog

kato

Post by kato »

Lester Maddox wrote:Episode 10 torrent in .avi format
http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/494335/3876110/
thankyou kindly...

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

i truly appreciate you all.(no homo).. damn... :wutang:

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

man ep 7 was nuts...

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

I've seen all but the finale, and this season is insane. I loved everyone.
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Lester Maddox

Post by Lester Maddox »

Torrent for Episode 12 in .avi format can be found at the following site. You have to register unfortunately, but if you want it...

http://silo.gl/login.php

Torrent link for Episode 13 in .avi format (complete 1 hr, 19 mins)

http://www.mininova.org/tor/452213

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

i dont really see the point of getting the episodes ahead of time.
maybe im just old-fashioned?
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

last two episodes have been classic

Johnny Cherry

Post by Johnny Cherry »

An amazing season, shame theres gonna be a two year wait.

dudley dawson

Post by dudley dawson »

RacquetballGangsta wrote:i dont really see the point of getting the episodes ahead of time.
im just too lazy

Jayou Ayen

Post by Jayou Ayen »

RacquetballGangsta wrote:i dont really see the point of getting the episodes ahead of time.
I feel like I'm cheating. It was bad enough when the On Demand guys were getting to see it a week in advance, but the whole season?
I'll just wait to see the episodes actually air. It's tough, especially with this week's hiatus.
It may sound lame, but I look forward to Sunday nights because of The Wire/The Sopranos/Deadwood, etc.

Take it up with Gloss, you White Piece of Shit.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

incredible season. the last episode is amazing

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

I watch ahead of time cause I almost never have a chance to watch it live.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

eh, edited
Last edited by slimebucato on Tue Oct 17, 2006 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

Yo CP, I know you said major spoilers and shit, but cod damn, lets keept his thread to at least the On Demand schedule.

I accidentely saw one line (I ain't tryin to ruin it for anyone else), and it was like a punch in the stomach.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

episode seven didn't show up on my ondemand. Anyone else have this problem? :sad:

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

ChristPuncher wrote:I love the show too much to wait each week. If it's available, I want to see it as soon as possible.

-Major spoilers ahead-
You might should edit this.

RacquetballGangsta

Post by RacquetballGangsta »

Jayou Ayen wrote:
RacquetballGangsta wrote: I'll just wait to see the episodes actually air. It's tough, especially with this week's hiatus.
It may sound lame, but I look forward to Sunday nights because of The Wire/The Sopranos/Deadwood, etc.

thats not lame at all
i mean before this shit, sunday night was usually boring and had no specific meaning...now i have something i need to do every sunday night almost
it does give u something to look forward to before going to work on monday morning.
twitter.com/deweydimbabwe
www.stonesthrow.com/vex

nett ist der kleine bruder von scheiße

ripweblo
pork

Post by ripweblo »

bringinoutbangerz wrote:episode seven didn't show up on my ondemand. Anyone else have this problem? :sad:

yea i was waiting all last week for number 43 and it never happened, didnt check yet for 44

VerbalTec

Post by VerbalTec »

word is that they are taking a break this week. so no new wire this sunday

Tariq's Dilemma

Post by Tariq's Dilemma »

Ray Cash was playin durin a scene in episode 7. dope.

VerbalTec

Post by VerbalTec »

Fourth season of 'The Wire' spoiled by hot black market
Bootlegs, illegal downloads diminish suspense, revenue

By David Zurawik and Sam Sessa
Sun reporters
Originally published October 18, 2006

In a season when new technology is drastically changing the ways in which television networks try to reach viewers, The Wire, HBO's Baltimore-based drama, has found a new and avid audience in East Coast nightclubs and on online auction sites such as eBay and Craigslist.

There is, however, one problem with the gain: These new viewers are watching bootleg DVDs or illegal downloads of the entire season, often sold at a fraction of what it would cost to subscribe to HBO or buy a DVD of a full season of the Peabody Award-winning drama. Some of these viewers are then going online and posting "spoilers" - descriptions and comments about events taking place in episodes that have yet to air on HBO.

Advertisement

Not only is HBO losing revenue, but writers, actors and directors are also losing DVD and rerun residuals.

And subscribers to the premium cable channel, who are playing by the rules and watching each Sunday night at 10 (or viewing six days in advance via On Demand technology), are angry about having the suspense ruined by viewers who have seen the whole season illegally.

"HBO is aware of these copies," said Diego Aldana, a spokesman for the cable channel. "We vigorously protect our content and use all means at our disposal to do so," he added, quoting an HBO statement issued yesterday that promises prosecution.

The extent of the underground economy surrounding the Sunday-night series has reached the point where the network this week posted a warning to those chatting about The Wire on HBO.com: "Please be advised that threads advertising the sale of illegal DVDs will be deleted and the creators barred from further posting on this site."

It appears that HBO is experiencing an unintended consequence of its innovative efforts to bring the critically acclaimed drama to a larger audience.

In July, the cable channel sent DVDs containing all 13 episodes of the fourth season to critics across the country - even though the season was not scheduled to begin until Sept. 10.

At the time, the future of the low-rated drama about urban life was in doubt, and the network and the producers were trying to generate buzz for what they thought was their best season to date. The July mailing got the DVDs to reviewers and reporters before the Television Critics Association summer tour in Los Angeles, which featured a news conference with HBO executives, producers and several actors from the show.

By those terms, the mailing was a success. Stories about the fourth season appeared in several large daily newspapers in July. Previews for the season opener in September were generally lavish in their praise.

And the audience followed. Legitimate Sunday night viewing of The Wire is up about 15 percent over last season, when the series averaged about 1.5 million viewers per episode.

But it is now clear that several of those DVDs - possibly through theft from mailrooms or illegal sale by critics - found their way into the hands of bootleggers, who copied the DVDs and, this fall, started selling them in nightclubs in Baltimore, New York, Philadephia, Washington and Newark, N.J. These are the cities in which The Wire is most likely to find its largest audience, given the show's emphasis on examining urban America through the lens of life in Baltimore.

"Yeah, some people didn't do the right thing apparently," David Simon, creator and executive producer of the series, wrote yesterday in response to an e-mail seeking comment on the situation. "HBO is looking into it, I'm told."

It will not have to look far.

A number of people who claim to own the entire fourth season are selling it on eBay.com and Craigslist.org. Through Tor rentspy.com, a peer-to-peer site, people are downloading all 13 Season 4 episodes - including seven which have yet to air.

Chat rooms on several Web sites are full of talk about the downloads and DVDs, as well as anger about the spoilers being posted by those who have already seen episodes yet to air.

One fan on TelevisionWithout Pity.com asked for specifics on downloading the entire fourth season.

One viewer wrote of paying $200 for a flawless copy of the fourth season, while another mentioned paying $16 outside a nightclub.

The most plaintive posting came from Baltimore, pleading for an end to spoilers: "Stop, stop, stop. I love this series, and you are ruining it for all of us."

HBO has also added to the confusion by offering On Demand showings of each episode six days before the Sunday night airing. The idea was to enlarge the audience by offering the show in a way that lets viewers watch on their schedule rather than that of the network. Analysts believe the practice will become widespread.

But while most networks this fall are offering series On Demand after they air, only HBO is offering them before they air. In addition to The Wire, HBO is doing so with Russell Simmons' Def Comedy Jam.

Spoilers were being posted online by viewers who saw episodes on On Demand earlier in the week. But it was only an overture to the flood of full-season spoilers from viewers of illegally obtained DVDs and downloads that are filling chat boards.

slimebucato

Post by slimebucato »

^ Well, damn. I feel like a dick now.

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Props to Christ Puncher for self-editing.

As a rule, everyone in this thread should stick to - at most - discussing what happens in the episodes you see a week in advance on On Demand.

Any talk about shows after that will get deleted.

dudley dawson

Post by dudley dawson »

thread is dead.

kato

Post by kato »

just finished watching season 4...shits amazing...got damn!