i need a list of as many movies in talks to be remade

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Piff Tannen

i need a list of as many movies in talks to be remade

Post by Piff Tannen »

as possible, toss em all up here for me plz. i heard about the karate kid with will smiths son, any others? rumored or in the works, lets have em. thanks

citizen

Post by citizen »

borat

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

I heard The Wild Bunch is going to be remade. For shame.

Piff Tannen

Post by Piff Tannen »

damn, this thread has no steam

citizen

Post by citizen »

damn, this thread has no steam

lets go

Dan

Post by Dan »

Friday the 13th

goldenstateofmind

Post by goldenstateofmind »

cannibal holocaust
battle royale

theres a couple others i cant think of right now

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

King of Kong is being remade into a scripted movie.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

ThaJim2 wrote:King of Kong is being remade into a scripted movie.
disappointing news. they'll either completely mock the main characters or they'll sensationalize it. boo.

bringinoutbangerz
The Homer

Post by bringinoutbangerz »

The Thing :sad:
Escape from NY (Gerard Butler as Snake) :sad:
basically everything Carpenter already pwned is being/has been remade

PopeyeJones

Post by PopeyeJones »

samdoom wrote:
disappointing news. they'll either completely mock the main characters or they'll sensationalize it. boo.
Horrible idea.

Piff, a list can be found here:

http://www.sequelogue.com/remakes

procure uno

Post by procure uno »

PopeyeJones wrote:
samdoom wrote:
Horrible idea.

Piff, a list can be found here:

http://www.sequelogue.com/remakes
1984 and all's quiet on the western front could be good.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

they're making an american version of oldboy

possibly a sequel to departed based on internal affairs 2/3
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ObeseJesus

Post by ObeseJesus »

Yeah, a new 1984 could be real sick, complete with el-p/aesop rock soundtrack.

the brow

Post by the brow »

bringinoutbangerz wrote:The Thing :sad:
Oh god no. We need a jpeg of Keith David shedding a tear a la Kool Herc.
Shoot bro, I got a waterproof suit yo.

citizen

Post by citizen »

ObeseJesus wrote:Yeah, a new 1984 could be real sick, complete with el-p/aesop rock soundtrack.
minus girls with hairy armpits and ugly hooker poon

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

Woo's 'Killer' gets a new contractLee to remake hit man classic in L.A.
By Jonathan Landreth
Oct 9, 2007

BUSAN, South Korea -- Legendary action director John Woo's 1989 Hong Kong classic "The Killer" will be remade in Los Angeles with a Korean star replacing Chow Yun-fat as the hard-boiled hit man.

Director John H. Lee, a Korean-American and a CAA client, will move the action through L.A.'s Koreatown, Chinatown and South Central, said Woo's longtime producer and partner at Lion Rock Prods., Terence Chang.

"The actor has to be Korean in this version, but also, L.A. is a character in the film," Chang said in an interview on the opening day of the four-day Asian Film Market.

"In John's original version, it doesn't really matter where the film is set, except that Hong Kong has this dragon boat festival which adds a bit of local flavor. In this remake, we will use the geography of L.A. to move the story forward."

Director Lee told The Hollywood Reporter that he's excited about working on the remake of one of his "favorite films of all time."

"I ask myself why they chose me and whether I can top it," Lee said from Seoul on Monday. "But then I realize it's not about making it better. It's about making my own version. My strength is dealing with human emotions, austerity and elegance."

Chung Taewon, president of Korea's Taewon Entertainment, said that his company was also involved in the project.

Taewon Entertainment is majority owned by Fireworks International, a Hong Kong-based media company, initially funded by Dutch Bank ABN Amro.

Chang said a script is being worked on but said it is too early to reveal other details.

Lee, also at Pusan, directed "A Moment to Remember" in 2004, the most popular Korean movie ever to open in Japan, where it earned about $26 million.

The remake of "The Killer" will be the latest in a string of Asian films to cross the Pacific to Hollywood, where last year Martin Scorsese won the best director Oscar for "The Departed," a remake of Hong Kong gangster film "Infernal Affairs."

blessingindisguise

Post by blessingindisguise »

We should discuss which would benefit from being remade and the reasons why...

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Weinstein Co's retelling of Seven Samurai, written by John Fusco, will feature a contemporary setting with Golden Triangle serving as the backdrop. The seven warriors or mercenaries, none of whom are Samurai, hail from various countries such as US, UK, Africa, etc. In this version, drug kingpin Khun Lao will kill a kid for every poppy that fails to bloom as a punishment to the farmers. To fight against Khun Lao, the village sends Tasanee and two others representatives to seek help from Charlie, who eventually relents and gathers six other mercenaries to help the villagers drive away Khun Lao. In talks to appear in Seven Samurai-less Samurai are George Clooney, Donnie Yen and Zhang Ziyi, with speculations that they'd be assigned the roles of Charlie, Khun Lao and Tasanee respectively.

actually, considering that something like this would probably have no pretention to the original and will just take the fairly simple story and will most likely just milk it for cool action - why the fuck not
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

ThaJim2

Post by ThaJim2 »

drizzle wrote:Weinstein Co's retelling of Seven Samurai, written by John Fusco, will feature a contemporary setting with Golden Triangle serving as the backdrop. The seven warriors or mercenaries, none of whom are Samurai, hail from various countries such as US, UK, Africa, etc. In this version, drug kingpin Khun Lao will kill a kid for every poppy that fails to bloom as a punishment to the farmers. To fight against Khun Lao, the village sends Tasanee and two others representatives to seek help from Charlie, who eventually relents and gathers six other mercenaries to help the villagers drive away Khun Lao. In talks to appear in Seven Samurai-less Samurai are George Clooney, Donnie Yen and Zhang Ziyi, with speculations that they'd be assigned the roles of Charlie, Khun Lao and Tasanee respectively.

actually, considering that something like this would probably have no pretention to the original and will just take the fairly simple story and will most likely just milk it for cool action - why the fuck not
If they change the name and can pull this off I would probably see it. I just dont see the Weinsteins getting the funding to do this at this point.