The Wire Season 5 - On Demand Viewers Thread

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

anyone have a link?

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

IGN has a preview for the last two episodes. Really no spoilers, just writing very abstract synopsis. Post or don't post?
"I spit that thug shit nigga, MOTHERFUCK singing"

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

Sure but put a warning on the post just so those who click on the most recent reply have a heads up.

Killa Cong

Post by Killa Cong »

where was Jim Jones? I didn't notice him.

RIP Omar

previews for next week looked CRAZY. I can't believe there are only two episodes left in the entire series.

I'm really pulling for Dukie and Bubbles but for some reason I have a bad feeling about both of them for the next two weeks.

This show can't possibly end well for most of the characters involved.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

IGN PREVIEW FOR THE LAST TWO EPISODES: BE AWARE.

Late Edition (Episode 59)
With Steintorf ordering Rawls to initiate "creative" remedies for the rising crime rate, Freamon's vigilance pays off with a promising lead, sending Sydnor and the department into overdrive. Although Daniels is originally delighted, a further probe with Pearlman reveals some troubling source information. McNulty, feeling betrayed, doesn't feel like sharing in Freamon's celebration; Michael is suspicious about his latest assignment; Haynes gets fresh eyes to help with fact-checking; Namond's debating skills make Colvin proud; Davis points a finger at Levy and the courts; and Bubbles recounts a recent temptation overcome.

-30- (Episode 60 Finale) -
Carcetti maps out a damage-control scenario with the police brass in the wake of a startling revelation from Pearlman and Daniels. Their choices: clean up the mess, or hide the dirt. With his leads predictably drying up, McNulty asks Landsman to pull police off the homeless case - until a fresh homicide ramps up the investigation. A frustrated Haynes finds his concerns about Templeton falling on increasingly deaf ears. Convinced he has the upper hand, but caught in a legal quandary, Levy plays a cat-and-mouse game with Pearlman. Bubbles debates whether to greenlight a newspaper story about his life; Dukie seeks out an old mentor for a loan; and Marlo oversees a new co-op order as he maps out his next move. As the officers stage an Irish wake for another dearly departed officer, the seeds of the future are sown throughout Baltimore.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Killa Cong wrote:where was Jim Jones? I didn't notice him.
When the cops are out following Marlo's crew, when Snoop and Chris are at the burger joint, Jim Jones is standing on the corner, sippin on something.

mud

Post by mud »

FUCK. Where the link at?
"Catch me in the corner not speaking"

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

I don't like that "Irish" wake shit in the IGN preview.

And since we're speculating I believe if McNulty does go out, it's cuz he decided to.

Radio Raheem

Post by Radio Raheem »

:owens:

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Who do y'all think the Leak to Prop Joe was? Let me see the responses...

Trub320

Post by Trub320 »

Magneto wrote:Who do y'all think the Leak to Prop Joe was? Let me see the responses...
huh? what leak

None

Post by None »

Trub320 wrote:
Magneto wrote:Who do y'all think the Leak to Prop Joe was? Let me see the responses...
huh? what leak
The sealed court documents pulled from his dresser were from someone in the district attorney's office.

Who didn't see Kima getting all hot and bothered by McNutty and Freamon's bullshit?

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Trub320 wrote:
huh? what leak
When the cops searched Prop Joe's house after he got popped, they found sealed court documents, that could only be leaked to him by a high ranking official.

erksortega

Post by erksortega »

Magneto wrote:
Trub320 wrote:
huh? what leak
When the cops searched Prop Joe's house after he got popped, they found sealed court documents, that could only be leaked to him by a high ranking official.
you don't think he somehow got it through clay davis he did have a connection with barksdale before his demise.

I can't believe that little shit got omar. I saw it comming but I didn't want to believe it.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

Magneto wrote:
Trub320 wrote:
huh? what leak
i didnt think that it had to be a high ranking official until you said this, but now i'm thinkin burrell since they said earlier in the season how prop joe went to high school with him. prop had the skills to make deals with anyone, so if he already knew burrell and maybe had dirt on him, it could be the way the leak popped off.

admiral

Post by admiral »

can't believe Michael got Omar

Icesickle
Suburban Outfitter

Post by Icesickle »

Man...I was pressed to come on here so I coudl be the first one to post the Jim Jones sighting. Fuck, lol.

daedal

Post by daedal »

tough to see omar go,

some reason I thought pook had been killed shortly after bodie was.

shadowmaster

Post by shadowmaster »

Damn, when he was in the Korean store I kept thinking, 'Watch your back, watch your back.'

Shiiiiieeeeeet no Omar emoticon.................

erksortega

Post by erksortega »

admiral wrote:can't believe Michael got Omar
michael didn't get omar. that punk ass kid that got dookie beat up and was holding out on the package last season did.

point blank

Post by point blank »

Magneto wrote:
Trub320 wrote:
huh? what leak
Rawls?

Maybe Prop Joe had dirt on him being a homo? That's got to come back into play somehow.

Radio Raheem

Post by Radio Raheem »

Another link to episode 8:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TYV1JLMH

As far as who leaked the papers to Prop Joe, my guess would be Burrell for the same reasons stated above. Rawls also seems like a good guess, it would be a good way to tie up that story line. Other than that, what other characters would have access to that kind of information? Bond? Maybe the DA that Daniels is with (forgot her name)?

JoeOne

Post by JoeOne »

damn. made me sick to see omar go, great episode though. i didnt read the IGN previews but i do believe that if there

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

point blank wrote:
Magneto wrote:
Trub320 wrote:
huh? what leak
Rawls?

Maybe Prop Joe had dirt on him being a homo? That's got to come back into play somehow.
could have been Colvin.

admiral

Post by admiral »

erksortega wrote:
michael didn't get omar. that punk ass kid that got dookie beat up and was holding out on the package last season did.
That'd be Kinnard

Who do you think sent him after Omar? Michael, after talking with Chris and Snoop about his encounter with Omar, sent Kinnard after him because he was worried Omar might get to Marlo's inner circle first

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

admiral wrote:
erksortega wrote:
That'd be Kinnard

Who do you think sent him after Omar? Michael, after talking with Chris and Snoop about his encounter with Omar, sent Kinnard after him because he was worried Omar might get to Marlo's inner circle first
Kinnard wasnג€™t sent after Omar. Kinnard happen to be in the area where Omar walked by. Wasn't he about to light a cat on fire?

Two reasons why Kinnard killed Omar. He runs for Marlo and there was a bounty on Omars head.

Marlo wasnג€™t even aware the killing happened.

samdoom

Post by samdoom »

admiral wrote:
erksortega wrote:
That'd be Kinnard

I think you're reading too much into it. It COULD be the case, but I think they would have shown that meeting between Kennard and Michael. I think the way it went down was to show the randomness of how Omar got got, instead of having some elaborate scheme made up by Michael to get him. The whole point was for Omar to get merked by someone random and possibly for no reason. This way a "hero" on the Wire met their end for no real reason and by no one special like it happens in real life.

admiral

Post by admiral »

Philaflava wrote:
admiral wrote:
erksortega wrote:
That'd be Kinnard

Kinnard wasnג€™t sent after Omar. Kinnard happen to be in the area where Omar walked by. Wasn't he about to light a cat on fire?

Two reasons why Kinnard killed Omar. He runs for Marlo and there was a bounty on Omars head.

I hope I didn't Icesickle myself

I thought Kinnard ran with Michael. Omar getting to Michael and Michael telling Chris and Snoop about it, Chris and Snoop not telling him what they were going to do and brushing him off, and Michael being worried about what Omar is going to do next = him sending Kinnard to do the hit

Maybe I'm "misremembering" and they don't run together

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

admiral wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
admiral wrote:
erksortega wrote:
That'd be Kinnard

I hope I didn't Icesickle myself

I thought Kinnard ran with Michael. Omar getting to Michael and Michael telling Chris and Snoop about it, Chris and Snoop not telling him what they were going to do and brushing him off, and Michael being worried about what Omar is going to do next = him sending Kinnard to do the hit

Maybe I'm "misremembering" and they don't run together
Well Iג€™m sure Mag can set it straight since heג€™s seen the entire series.

I donג€™t think the Kinnard hit was planned at all. Kinnard does run with Michael who controls a Stansfield corner, so they all work for Marlo. He was just a ג€œgumpג€ in the right place and right time.

I really want to believe for the sake of the arc that it was random but clearly Michael takes out either Snoop or Chris next week so there has to be something that has happened. Iג€™m sure Michael didnג€™t appreciate being treated like a bitch by Snoop last episode either.

But I totally think youג€™re over-analyzing the Kinnard hit for what it is.

Nl5H

Post by Nl5H »

that shit wasn't planned at all... little man just grabbed a gun from his corner and popped omar...simple as that.