4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

The Ivy League Nigga

4 Months, 3 Weeks, and 2 Days

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Wow!

Not sure if there's been a thread on this yet, but I give it my highest recommendation.

Just so tense and so subtle. It takes a little getting used to the long takes (think "Stranger than Paradise"... but longer.)

Anyone seen this? Not sure, how it flew under th radar.

Also, in some areas it might be on InDemand...

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

It was good, but overrated. Shouldn't have won the Palme D'Or

The Ivy League Nigga

Post by The Ivy League Nigga »

Andvil wrote:It was good, but overrated. Shouldn't have won the Palme D'Or
For overrated look no further than the movie in your sig...

"4 Months" was dope, not sure what else was at Cannes.

Andvil

Post by Andvil »

Overrated on IMDB, maybe, but TWBB is without a doubt the best movie of 2007, so we'll have to agree to disagree. Seeing it for a 3rd time in about 40 minutes.

That being said, I didn't dislike 4 Months, but I just didn't think it was GREAT. It was a very good movie. The cinematography was really great, I thought...sure makes me glad I didn't grow up in Romania in the 80s.

FYBS

Post by FYBS »

It's been on the cue for a minute, but hasn't finished yet. I can't wait to watch it.

Smooth Lou
The Mayor

Post by Smooth Lou »

It's already on Comcast for download, under "IFC In Theaters" for $8. I wish I didn't spend the $8 on it though.

I really liked the performances of the girls and the creepy Mr. Bebe, but it was long and drawn out with three great scenes and about 15 really boring ones that didn't just fill the space, but seriously tested my ability to keep it on or fast forward or something.

The movie is okay, but honestly, Palme D'or at Cannes? When No Country For Old Men was up for it? Seriously? Fuck. It's a movie made for Netflix, which is why I found it so intriguing that it's being distributed under Netflix's "Red Envelope" label.