gummo

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

the R

gummo

Post by the R »

can't believe i just sat through that shit.
i appreciate larry clark, and was told to check for it seeing as how their BFF

but holy :naswtf: + :squ1d: + Image

is it wrong that i found that scene with the old man in the car hilarious? i mean in writing it sounds bad but when he pulled the "oh maybe the maps under the seat", shit was rofl to me.

gah i have that girl with autism shaving her eyebrows permanently burned into my head.

thank god for those two black kids at the end
"selling candy, gettin' money"

Brougham33

Post by Brougham33 »

Welcome to the annual Gummo post.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

love that the picture up there has permeated the board consciousness to this extent

Anyway, gummo it a terrible movie that's about as close to a mainstream snuff film that ever existed. It's a freak show, it has no compassion for its characters. The whole point is for the viewer to feel normal and superior by comparison to unfortunate people presented in the most grotesque way possible.

Recitation of the annual Gummo Fun Fact - DMX watches this on tv in one of the scenes in Belly
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Only thing I liked to do with Larry Clark was the music in Kids and that evil chick in Teenage Caveman.

SYM
The Overlord of Overthinking

Post by SYM »

harmony korine interviews on letterman are comedic gold. kid is on more drugs than crispin glover.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Spartan wrote:Only thing I liked to do with Larry Clark was the music in Kids and that evil chick in Teenage Caveman.
kids is a hilarious teen comedy if you fast forward through the alarmist aids nonsense
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

I used to have an unhealthy obsession with Gummo a few years back. Too many :rofl: moments for me to handle. The bitch singing Jesus Loves Me while shaving her eyebrows, the gay black dwarf, the scene where the drunk trailer trash all take turns fighting a folding chair, the little kids cursing with capguns.....

Just now realizing I might be one of those assholes that Drizzle was just talking about

Anyways, the movie is much more enjoyable after you watch it a few times and give up all hope of figuring out the message and just take it scene by scene for the laughs.

JaH BLaZe

Post by JaH BLaZe »

i seen this movie once . this is when they all in the country sticks doing freaky shit , beating and killing the cats . that movie is garbage . fuckin waste of time

JaH BLaZe

Post by JaH BLaZe »

i seen this movie once . this is when they all in the country sticks doing freaky shit , beating and killing the cats . that movie is garbage . fuckin waste of time

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

I love this movie and find most of the characters a lot more likeable than most of the douchebags in "mainstream" TV/movies.

Fun MT1 Gummo fact- first time I watched it was on my laptop on a flight to LA while knocking back enough mini-bottles of Jack to build a scale model diorama of Vince Neil's hotel-suite circa 1988.

The Most Popular Cross-Country Seatmate title continues to elude me.

Dudeman

Post by Dudeman »

He got beat, he got beat, he got beat by his own son.
He got beat, he got beat, he got beat by his own son.
dudeman

the R

Post by the R »

^^^ i thought his dad was gonna go fkn physco.

oh man this movie is fucked up.
the scene where hes eating in the fkn bathtub?

kind of a cool shot when his hair starts to fall.

the R

Post by the R »

i have a question though, from what i understand korine uses real people? or are they actors that have never worked before that are actually white trash? lol. i mean yeah apart from his girl are they actors or what.

im just trying to figure out how he'd explain what he was trying to do to some actual locals without making it look like he was trying to display them on vid as freaks.

the R

Post by the R »

lol is this what your talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4JIkmzWfn0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-IGcCfL ... re=related

wow. what is wrong with this kid.

boogie shoes

Post by boogie shoes »

they are mostly people he finds a friends

dope flick

Sucka Ducka

Post by Sucka Ducka »

drizzle wrote:
Anyway, gummo it a terrible movie that's about as close to a mainstream snuff film that ever existed. It's a freak show, it has no compassion for its characters. The whole point is for the viewer to feel normal and superior by comparison to unfortunate people presented in the most grotesque way possible.
well put. movie is garbage.

Masked Terror #1

Post by Masked Terror #1 »

Hacksaw Jim Thuggin' wrote:
drizzle wrote:
well put. movie is garbage.
I honestly don't think that's the intention. May be the result, but not the intention.

cascarrabias

Post by cascarrabias »

A location manager I used to work with all the time back in Ohio took Harmony Korine on a locations scout of Xenia, Ohio. Said he was an absolute freak running up to redneck strangers in McDonalds parking lots begging them to be in his movie handing them his card.

I didn't like this movie much either. I do like Julien Donkey Boy though. Think that is pretty fantastic.

ackbar
Super Canadian

Post by ackbar »

i like gummo.
larry clark doesn't have anything to do with the movie

ANUBIS5

Post by ANUBIS5 »

The blonde kid in this flick is so fucking weird looking. Who eats spaghetti in the bathtub or tapes a bunch of forks and butter knives together to make weights?

I liked the scene at the beginning where the chicks are trying to make their nipples look nicer.

the R

Post by the R »

ackbar wrote: larry clark doesn't have anything to do with the movie
yeah. no one said he did.
i was talking to someone about kids and he brought up korine and gummo.

what do you like about it ack