do white people deserve to share with us this rap culture?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

admiral

Post by admiral »

and reparations and an exodus back to Africa is a necessary part of that healing process...
what the fuck makes you think Africa would want an influx of comparatively rich Americans invading their continent?

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

hired gun wrote:
Philaflava wrote:
hired gun wrote:
Philaflava wrote:I'm not reading all that but based on the title I will respond with this...

Without WHITES there would be NO rap culture today. NONE!

It doesn't mean it gives whites a free pass to inject themselves in this culture as artists but surely the preservation, the business, the notoriety happened because the white man was involved.

You'd be foolish to think otherwise.
:omgracist:

Harlem Renaissance much, Jason? Thank you o white man for bringin us the Kultcha.... lol
Nah that's how an un-established, unsigned act might take it. But every major player in the game has a career because somebody whether it was Doug Morris, Clive Davis, Bryan Turner, Barry Weiss, Rick Rubin, Lyor Cohen, Bob Perry, David Geffen, Jimmy Iovine, Tommy Motoll and I could go on for days.

Whether you like these folks or their intentions were true, the fact is these people (Google them if you aren't familiar) allowed this music to breathe. They gave opportunities. Invested millions and gave careers to people.

You're not signed to a label. You weren't one of those who benefited from these people so you may not realize or appreciate their efforts. Fact is, every major accomplishment whether it's YO! or Wild Style or LL Cool J happened because white people were involved.

That's not to say white people deserve all the credit or even half, but to say should whites be able to enjoy this culture after they saved it is fucking ridiculously stupid.
No, its how an educated artist who understands a bit of history and the english language takes it. No one said they didn't, but you said without them? Well..that's real neat and tidy considering pretty much every diasporic culture in this country once it was at the tipping point was co-opted. I'm well aware of white executives crossing over the music , mostly to their benefit in the name of "saving" it...when it wasn't in the need of saving.

Your statement implies that things such as black promoters, radio etc. couldn't exist, when history shows they had and simply were muscled out of the marketplace. Stax Records. exhibit A.
Stax Records was trying to be "saved" by a black man from Arkansas and only started to get "muscled out" when Ottis Redding died in that plane crash... leaving the label with mediocre talent to compete against Motown Records. I don't see how they were muscled out.... especially when it was first founded by two white people.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

naturalborn103

Post by naturalborn103 »

hired gun wrote:
Philaflava wrote: We're talking about the big picture. Rappers, labels or events people from all walks of life can say they are aware of. All that happened with the help of whitey.
Here is the disconnect. Yes whitey helped. You are presumptious to think that it would of only happened with his help. That's my point
Philaflava wrote:What I said is without White people there would be no culture today. The music was a business and in the 80's, 90's and 00's all of those businesses with the exception of Motown and a few others (indies like Rap-A-Lot) were run by white folks. White people saw the opportunity and ran with it. That preserved the culture because if it wasn't profitable there would be no culture.
More presumption. If you do your history about black music, you'll see why I don't agree with the natural ends of your statement. Black own businesses had been profitable, viable...but essentially to remain so would of created a wealth building foundation much like Jews, Italians etc. We know what that meant in this country. That practice has just followed suit to today.

philaflava wrote:Black promoters did not save the culture. They did not bring it to the forefront. They did not give guys like No Limit, Cash Money, Wu-Tang Clan and any big conglomerate the careers they'd had.
You are right, but its because they weren't allowed to. They were taken out of the market, a long time ago.

philaflava wrote:Let's not even get started on the % of consumers and their races. We know how this thread is going to unfold and the :omgracist: will be used in just about every post here on out, but what I'm saying shouldn't be all that shocking or new to most of you.
I need to find the davey D article that talks about this very idea, and how its debatable.

Just say what you really want to say Jason, the black man is nothing without the white man. If it isn't for massa/father we would be wallowing aorund in the mud and muck. lol.
philaflava been :omgracist: ..its nothing new

BlingRhames

Post by BlingRhames »

I don't know about this debate but referring to a Davey D post as source material is questionable.
Sebastian gets busy wrote:look there is still a chANCE THIS WAS A GIRL

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Post by Mindbender Futurama »

Rob Sonic wrote:I have 2 white parents every time i call they ask me, why I don't make more songs like Snoop Dog and Lil Wayne? My response is always the same..."Racist". followed by me hanging up.
:rofl:

I'm black and I have no problem admitting that hip hop culture would not have gotten as big as it is now without the help of the white man's capitalist system.

we also know that the same white man pushed 50 Cent and Biggie instead of Mos Def and Q-Tip, for fucked up reasons we should all know by now.

hip hop culture would have grown, but it wouldn't be global, without the help of ALL cultures that participate (peace to the Asian DJ contingent and the Latino B-boy/girl movement and etc. etc.)

but if hip hop was confined to 95% black people creating it/consuming it, it wouldn't be very large... it would probably be like JAZZ today.

to make Conspiracy's query more tangible, the question is: where do we go from here as far as a connected culture? Black people need empowerment in North America, and white people need to relinquish power (before a revolution starts again) to rebalance reality. White people need to stop thinking they can determine the destiny of various cultures, and Black people need to appreciate their own arts and culture and stop overwhelmingly worshipping white people and culture in general.

hip hop is the key to doing all this... but hip hop needs some adjustments too, of course.

can't we all just get along? probably not. but can we respect each other's similarities and differences? :killacam: time will tell.

Eminem needs to say something in this post, LOL
You're in Heaven right now, God.
Create the universe you dream of.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Reggie
Jennie C is a Fucking Asshole

Post by Reggie »

The first two rap labels, Sugar Hill and Enjoy! were both black-owned, for what it's worth.

chillhood

Post by chillhood »

drizzle wrote:if i had feelings you'd be hurtin'em dawg
sbdy give this man his prize
http://wardolphin.blogspot.com/
come here and press [>
http://lifeasashortyshouldntbesorough.blogspot.com/
http://last.fm/user/chillhood

experience scientifical m(ethod) a(llowing) d(emential) ne(cessities) s(poiling) s(ouls)

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

admiral wrote:
and reparations and an exodus back to Africa is a necessary part of that healing process...
what the fuck makes you think Africa would want an influx of comparatively rich Americans invading their continent?
because my brothers and sisters inherently know we weren't supposed to be separated in the first place.

and as the natural connection of Black people exists infinitely, i'm sure they would embrace a reunion with open arms.

it wouldn't be perfect and surely there would be some major culture clashes and some culture shock, but ultimately it would be a good thing.

word to Reggie: I thought Sugar Hill's Sylvia Robinson was a white woman until today. Ooops. Yay for learning.
http://www.mindbenderlovesyou.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

i AM a super white nigger...like SUPER...i got mad white friends

i learned basic multiculturalism from basically my white homies...and it got me past my obstacles in present spiritual progress...join me?

BUT i dont think some corporate america's mathematics is fair and practical in terms of PEOPLE GETIING PAID FOR THE WORK THAT THEYU DO FOR THE COMPANY

i made you 100 million dollars and i only get 10 million....i know that it cost you to invest into my art and you should profit from your participation/assistance in creating more entertainment for everybody,but damn, its still disproportionate payments for EARNED WORKS

mb, you can eat sage francis' dick sandwich for all i care with your attempts to molecularily pettily stop my truth expression...we will disagree for however long until you realize who i have become...

averaged, simplified overgeneralization is better than pessimistic detail complaining that leads to pathetically slow communication progress, IF ANY, OR EVEN REVERSE PROGRESS....what you want me to rite every written fact about an issue for your mental greed? wackness lives on
MB- I STOPPED JUDGING EVERYTHING IN 1997...EVER HEAR, THOU SHALL NOT JUDGE LEST YOU BE JUDGED..? FUCKING BITCH NIGGA

and

i aint killing no white people unless they force me into a position of self-defence/life PRESERVATION...where did you gt the fanatical notion i was gonna kill any white person....trying to make me look bad? ill descend to the level of arguing and bickering just so you can overstand me in your 'oh so right and correct' opinion...
MY POSITIVITY COULD VANQUISH YOUR NEGATIVITY, addi..learn other

ALL [WO]MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL-SO SAYETH SOME GOD...TRUE?

i love me some black/white/other pussy and if there were 500+ extremely excellent lyrical style flow delivery white rappers, then we could make more rowdy songs for any fun reason....i aint down with this shelving album/majority of the album editing/against the artists wishes shit we all hear about...

i would not go and fully say without white people, hiphop would not exist, but since love is beyond skin, whatever....we WANT MORE OTHER CULTURE MCs in the game just to make the party more diverse...fuck the elitist clique crap,but its just that,corporate industry guys- THEY HAVE S-O MUCH MORE THAN WE DO...IT'S MIND BOGGLING..

black people are not without fault/blame in their own lack of control over the culture...
-WACK DUMB SNAP RAP...[INCONCEIVABLY ENDLESSLY]
-STYLE BITERS..[JAY Z ETC]
-WASTING RIDICULOUS AMOUNTS OF MONEY ON FASHION/BLING
-EGOTISTICAL FIGHTING/MURDER FOR HIPHOP RELATED REASONS[TUPAC, BIG,JMJ]
-NOT EDUCATING SELF ABOUT THE FUTURE OF LIFE ON EARTH/ELSEWHERE

if you were an ignorant nigger once, YOU'D BE MAD AS HELL TOO, SEEING GOOD TURN TO BAD...even if you have become spiritual/positive/righteous...dont look back or repeat avoidable mistakes

we need more white MCs and more black businessmen/power controllers

but i must say, for the truly helpful honest white businessmen in corporate america, WITHOUT YOU, WE WOULD HAVE ALOT LESS SUCCESS AND MEMORIES...REMEMBER BLACK ETERNAL LOVE, AND THANKS...

imagine ill bill, necro and cage sign to a black label...teaching black people about white music...nice! that's my dream...

white guys fucking black girls
black guys fucking white girls
more white mcs
more black business leaders

please dont see me as racist.....this is merely 1 of infinite perception reflections that i have thoughtfully internalized by living in my 2000-2010+ living environment...it's all 50/50 balance truth

all black people want from white people is obviously useable and uplifting love and respect....we're at the bottom and there is nowhere to go but up

a nigga got knowledege of self and became wiser, smarter and cooler

sorry if feelings/thoughts are injured....i just want to turn the problem into a solution....every question hs an answer...

philaflava is where like-minded people trade intelligence consciousness

fuck money, tho...TRADE & BARTER...or at least fuck WORKING TO DEATH FOR MONEY....you get what you give...

i need a white nigga to produce for me...one thing ill say is that, some white people are VERY GOOD at technical support/problem-solving/details
and some black men are good at making people feel good

AMC
www.conspiracyscreations.com
everybody sharing all the food, liquor, drugs, and money for free spiritual knowledge and PUSSY....
extraterrestrial illumination has been discovered!(Really.)
top 10-BUSTA-RZA-AZ-REDMAN-NAPTRON-APATHY-ABSTRACT RUDE-BLACK THOUGHT-DR DRE-SCARFACE (and Supernatural as a bonus 11*)
2010 C

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Conspiracy wrote:one thing ill say is that, some white people are VERY GOOD at technical support/problem-solving/details
and some black men are good at making people feel good
you owe me 112.5 cents american, i just spit out half of my coffee
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo

Conspiracy

Post by Conspiracy »

DRIZZLE, you know your beloved cracka, conspiracy , will be blazing kush blunts in 'heaven'/here.......

you know me better than that...im fighting white people for white rights

how can a nigga clam to be righteous if he doesnt apply the same love to anybody, reegardless of what..?

i want to get to the freedom of speech point where all people say what they truly feel, unlimited truth universal eternal, and just if, it's a bit too bad, try to keep it tolerable...better a bad truth than a good lie, eh?

AMC
www.conspiracyscreations.com
everybody sharing all the food, liquor, drugs, and money for free spiritual knowledge and PUSSY....
extraterrestrial illumination has been discovered!(Really.)
top 10-BUSTA-RZA-AZ-REDMAN-NAPTRON-APATHY-ABSTRACT RUDE-BLACK THOUGHT-DR DRE-SCARFACE (and Supernatural as a bonus 11*)
2010 C

Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:word to Reggie: I thought Sugar Hill's Sylvia Robinson was a white woman until today. Ooops. Yay for learning.
It should also be noted that Sylvia Robinson, aka Sylvia Rob-a-ni**a, was far from a rap culture-promoting egalitarian supporter of black artists. She got into hip-hop to make money, and made plenty of it while her artists, by and large, did not. Plus she signed ridiculous novelty rap acts. But still, she did it before nearly anyone tried, and she was a black woman, no less.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

Reggie wrote:
Mindbender Futurama wrote:word to Reggie: I thought Sugar Hill's Sylvia Robinson was a white woman until today. Ooops. Yay for learning.
It should also be noted that Sylvia Robinson, aka Sylvia Rob-a-ni**a, was far from a rap culture-promoting egalitarian supporter of black artists. She got into hip-hop to make money, and made plenty of it while her artists, by and large, did not. Plus she signed ridiculous novelty rap acts. But still, she did it before nearly anyone tried, and she was a black woman, no less.
Sylvia Robinson killed hip hop.
"Anything posted/said by Drastik is false and should not be taken seriously."

Thun

Post by Thun »

Reggie wrote:
She was also kinda MILFY in her day.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Post by drizzle »

Conspiracy wrote:DRIZZLE, you know your beloved cracka, conspiracy , will be blazing kush blunts in 'heaven'/here.......

you know me better than that...im fighting white people for white rights

how can a nigga clam to be righteous if he doesnt apply the same love to anybody, reegardless of what..?

i want to get to the freedom of speech point where all people say what they truly feel, unlimited truth universal eternal, and just if, it's a bit too bad, try to keep it tolerable...better a bad truth than a good lie, eh?

AMC

Vice

Post by Vice »

Conspiracy wrote:one thing ill say is that, some white people are VERY GOOD at technical support
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :cheers:

I hear what you're saying man, you should listen to
Kill The White Man by NOFX

There's a difference between the average cracker and the figurative 'white man' who controls all our meager existences by having such incredible wealth.

I am going to smoke a blunt later, play some hockey, make out with my white south african girlfriend, than listen to Sex Is The Key To Immortality cause that's what a real white man gets down with.

Conspiracy you owe me a free copy of your DVD, signed to.

Mindbender Futurama
Y.O.T.M.B.

Reggie wrote:
I'm not too proud to admit I thought she was white :oops: cause I kept hearing about her legendary scamming/stealing/shafting steez. I just kept looking for pics of her til I found one, and lo and behold, she's a Black 'ooman.

But her visionary prowess in robbing and destroying the careers of hip hoppers before Wild Pitch, Columbia, Elektra or even Aftermath could do it, is stellar and stunning.
Thun wrote:She was also kinda MILFY in her day.
ha ha, yeah. that probably helped in some sick and twisted way.

rap BEEN outta control since day one :rofl:

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

hired gun wrote:
Philaflava wrote: We're talking about the big picture. Rappers, labels or events people from all walks of life can say they are aware of. All that happened with the help of whitey.
Here is the disconnect. Yes whitey helped. You are presumptious to think that it would of only happened with his help. That's my point
Philaflava wrote:What I said is without White people there would be no culture today. The music was a business and in the 80's, 90's and 00's all of those businesses with the exception of Motown and a few others (indies like Rap-A-Lot) were run by white folks. White people saw the opportunity and ran with it. That preserved the culture because if it wasn't profitable there would be no culture.
More presumption. If you do your history about black music, you'll see why I don't agree with the natural ends of your statement. Black own businesses had been profitable, viable...but essentially to remain so would of created a wealth building foundation much like Jews, Italians etc. We know what that meant in this country. That practice has just followed suit to today.

philaflava wrote:Black promoters did not save the culture. They did not bring it to the forefront. They did not give guys like No Limit, Cash Money, Wu-Tang Clan and any big conglomerate the careers they'd had.
You are right, but its because they weren't allowed to. They were taken out of the market, a long time ago.

philaflava wrote:Let's not even get started on the % of consumers and their races. We know how this thread is going to unfold and the :omgracist: will be used in just about every post here on out, but what I'm saying shouldn't be all that shocking or new to most of you.
I need to find the davey D article that talks about this very idea, and how its debatable.

Just say what you really want to say Jason, the black man is nothing without the white man. If it isn't for massa/father we would be wallowing aorund in the mud and muck. lol.

Hired Gun did Go-Go last? Hip-Hop became big business and if there wasn't that business it wouldn't have survived plain and simple. It's not my fault the whites controlled the music game it's just the way it is.

The Canadians invented basketball and it was the Americans who took it and made it into the billion dollar yearly industry that it is. Without the Americans basketball wouldn't nearly be as big as it is today. Same concept.

You're a proud black man who is happens to be a talented rapper, I get it. I also get you are a little naive in realizing what you do today is an art form that was created by black but saved by white. You say they were taken out of the market a long time ago, well maybe they didn't have the ability to market properly? Maybe they didn't have the funds or the outlet.

I don't think RZA would have become the RZA if Rifkin didn't give him that shot. Gordy saved Motown and he was black as they get. Quincy Jones too.

BUT we're talking about hip-hop and that wasn't the case there. Without Rick Rubin, Russell wouldn't have had the same success. You're misconstruing my shit as if we need to give all teh credit to whitey. It's just recognize how this shit started and how it survived. Look at every major outlet or accomplishment and trace it carefully and 9/10 times you'll find a cracker there.

Roy Johnson

Post by Roy Johnson »

Mock Duck

Post by Mock Duck »

Conspiracy wrote:iimagine ill bill, necro and cage sign to a black label...teaching black people about white music...nice! that's my dream...
:naswtf:
eat rotten mock duck

None

Post by None »

HomeSkillet wrote:
Conspiracy wrote:i need to ask a white person this...why are you people so evil in general?
:lol:

ADR

Post by ADR »

ALASKA

Post by ALASKA »

i miss the days when the music industry was an oasis of fair business practices and none of the artists were getting ripped off by the business men. then rap music had to come around and fuck that up. OH HOW I MISS THE DAYS

Reggie

Post by Reggie »

ALASKA wrote:i miss the days when the music industry was an oasis of fair business practices and none of the artists were getting ripped off by the business men. then rap music had to come around and fuck that up. OH HOW I MISS THE DAYS
Yes, that was before Judaism was invented and fucked the game up for everyone.

Lid

Post by Lid »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
admiral wrote:
because my brothers and sisters inherently know we weren't supposed to be separated in the first place.

and as the natural connection of Black people exists infinitely, i'm sure they would embrace a reunion with open arms.

it wouldn't be perfect and surely there would be some major culture clashes and some culture shock, but ultimately it would be a good thing.
when's the last time you been to africa?

CharlieManson

Re: do white people deserve to share with us this rap cultur

Post by CharlieManson »

Conspiracy wrote: WILL NOT SEEMINGLY STOP TRYING TO CONQUER THE HISTORY AND PROGRESSIVE ASCENSION TO SPIRITUAL LEVELS OF US AFRICANS...?

MAN YOU WHITE PEOPLE LIE CHEAT AND STEAL FOR NO REASON ALOT
AMC
How is it a guy whos whole schtick is about being supreme, and spirtually elevated and all that nonsense, could have such a basic infantile perspective that skin color makes any difference whatsoever...

You think if humans ever "ascend" that there are going to be white balls of light and black balls of light or something? When we stop using these meat sack bodies were still going to look different?

Cmon now... read some more books or something, your little supreme being facade thing needs some polishing... talking about race like it would mean anything to elevated beings... :retard:

admiral

Post by admiral »

Mindbender Futurama wrote:
admiral wrote:

Word - Africa is a fucking modern oasis of peace, tolerance, understanding, and prosperity. No black on black violence there whatsoever.

I'd give it 4 days before you were praying to Allah to be shipped back to North America

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin

Re: do white people deserve to share with us this rap cultur

Post by drizzle »

CharlieManson wrote:
Conspiracy wrote: WILL NOT SEEMINGLY STOP TRYING TO CONQUER THE HISTORY AND PROGRESSIVE ASCENSION TO SPIRITUAL LEVELS OF US AFRICANS...?

MAN YOU WHITE PEOPLE LIE CHEAT AND STEAL FOR NO REASON ALOT
AMC
How is it a guy whos whole schtick is about being supreme, and spirtually elevated and all that nonsense, could have such a basic infantile perspective that skin color makes any difference whatsoever...

You think if humans ever "ascend" that there are going to be white balls of light and black balls of light or something? When we stop using these meat sack bodies were still going to look different?

Cmon now... read some more books or something, your little supreme being facade thing needs some polishing... talking about race like it would mean anything to elevated beings... :retard:
10%

pen

Post by pen »

ghostface invented the term 'smart dumb nigga', but gloss exemplifies it. except for being a nigga of course.
kardi, chocs, saukrates, dj moves, sixtoo, a-trak, jr flo, kimo, redone, john smith, escrol, bender, empire, hustlemann, muzion, aspire, moka only, prev one, maestro, michie mee, patience, theo3, the bridge, dj drastik, flight distance, t-wrex, dl incognito, osa, dj kaem, nextra, kelron, STAY, loes, moss, bishop brigante, belly...