Tommy Hill In Witness Protection Program?

General hip-hop discussion.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, stype_ones, Philaflava

LONDON!

Tommy Hill In Witness Protection Program?

Post by LONDON! »

crazy, thats some fucked up shit if its true, fuck rats, damn, taken from www.allhiphop.com

PHILLY RAP RUMORS

Anybody remember The Ram Squad? If you don't, don't feel bad. These dudes don't even have a Wikipedia page. For those that don't know, here is a bit of information. The Ram Squad was heavy in the streets for quite a few years, especially in the 90's. They were known for being very well connected to the streets of Philadelphia. Anyway, around 2003...the bubble burst. The FBI came down on the crew HARD. There was a relationship struck between Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino and Tommy Hill, a rapper from North Philadelphia. Not sure all of the details (actually, I am, but no need for all that right now.), but I heard that Tommy Hill is in the witness protection program after he cut a deal. I don't know exactly what that deal is, but I heard he's down south somewhere living a new life.

Drastik

Post by Drastik »

My BFFF is related to Joseph Merlino. They don't talk about it, but his dad told me one day while we were smoking a joint. Joseph Merlino is his great grand uncle's 1st cousin's son. Pretty crazy. They've never met.

LONDON!

Post by LONDON! »

Drastik Da God wrote:My BFFF is related to Joseph Merlino. They don't talk about it, but his dad told me one day while we were smoking a joint. Joseph Merlino is his great grand uncle's 1st cousin's son. Pretty crazy. They've never met.
damn, thats crazy

merlino was definetly like the philly john gotti though, he was like the philly hip hop mob don, he put out ram squad through a affilated lawyer on there first major label album and showed support to kurupt at his kuruption album release party, i think he's landing in a couple of years time or sumthin, because he got like 14 years or sumthin like that in the late 90's, crazy, he's definetly a stand up guy, took his bird(prison time) like a man

thats why its sad to hear tommy hill's a rat, its a crazy world we live in for real

I Smell Like Un Kasa

Post by I Smell Like Un Kasa »

Can't believe this is true, but it is, here's what I found (from Eurweb.com)

RAM SQUAD MEMBER IS NOW FEDERAL WITNESS: Admits to wrongdoing and sentencing.

*On June 3, John Wilson, better known as Tommy Hill of R.A.M. Squad, bowed to cocaine charges and is reportedly cooperating with federal authories, "I did what I did," Wilson told the judge before pleading guilty. "I know it was wrong. I just want to get this behind me and move on with my life." Hill was busted in December of 2003 and charged with selling 51 grams of crack to a cooperating government witness who was wired with a recording device provided by the FBI. The FBI also supplied the money for the drug purchase, which took place last in a fast-food parking lot. Wilson is facing a minimum of 10 years. Prosecutors will seek to reduce his sentence, based on the level of cooperation he provides. Hill revealed two months ago that the FBI was seeking information from him in relation to former Philadelphia mob boss "Skinny" Joey Merlino and Shamsud-din Ali, a Muslim cleric accused of corruption.
Prepare yourself now for the six man wedding!

thekeentwo
Lisa Bonet With Talent

Post by thekeentwo »

i remember watching the news when i lived in philly... joey was in jail for something, and the cops either went to bust one of his guys and found him in bed with his wife, or they went to the wife's house and found the guy.

either or the news broadcast that one of joey's pals was schtooping his girl.

somebody cool

Post by somebody cool »

LONDON! wrote: he's definetly a stand up guy, took his bird(prison time) like a man
bird?
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c0DslR0grbw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed>

Nom Inf

Post by Nom Inf »

somebody cool wrote:
LONDON! wrote: he's definetly a stand up guy, took his bird(prison time) like a man
bird?
Probably meant bid. 10 years for 51 grams. That makes my stomach hurt.

nickwoj

Post by nickwoj »

i parked tommy hill's car once and took a cd out of it haha
still got it.

dat piff

Post by dat piff »

takes a dude from the UK to get news from Philly
ImageImageImage

Mansfield Status

Post by Mansfield Status »

Tommy Hill turned states and still did 5 years. It wans't against Joey Merlino though. He testified against a father & 2 sons. The Bellmon family, the son was Tommy Hill's cellmate at Curran Fromhold. The father was the only person in the history of the USA (I THINK still to this day) to get hit with the weapons of mass destruction law, he got sentenced something outlandish like 100 years + 1 day for having an RPG in his crib, grenades, and like 20 thousand rounds of ammunition. Get your story straight...

DiMidio

Post by DiMidio »

Mansfield is right.

And the shit isnt new news at all.

On a side note, Merlino and the mob are the ones who put all them drugs up in the Richard Allen projects, through RAM Squad. The drugs and the crime over drugs got so bad they had to tear them shits down.

Merlino gets out in 2011. He will just be a capo, Ligambi is stable and New York aint gonna let anything fuck with that...the Philly mob had already been, although violent, a fuckin laughing stock.

Mansfield Status

yeah the last real crime boss in Philadelphia was John Stanfa, the Philly mob war left any resemblance of organized crime in shambles.

step one

Post by step one »

Nom Inf wrote:
somebody cool wrote:
bird?
Probably meant bid. 10 years for 51 grams. That makes my stomach hurt.
old school UK slang. bird means prison time.

truss, true stories etc
ONLY BUILT FOR zSHARE LINKS
http://www.djstepone.blogspot.com

Digs Darklighter

Post by Digs Darklighter »

random facts about this thread

the fast food resturant was a boston market

the richard allen projects arent really projects anymore

joey merlino sucked at softball

Philaflava
King of The DPB'rs

Post by Philaflava »

LONDON! wrote:
Drastik Da God wrote:My BFFF is related to Joseph Merlino. They don't talk about it, but his dad told me one day while we were smoking a joint. Joseph Merlino is his great grand uncle's 1st cousin's son. Pretty crazy. They've never met.
damn, thats crazy

merlino was definetly like the philly john gotti though, he was like the philly hip hop mob don, he put out ram squad through a affilated lawyer on there first major label album and showed support to kurupt at his kuruption album release party, i think he's landing in a couple of years time or sumthin, because he got like 14 years or sumthin like that in the late 90's, crazy, he's definetly a stand up guy, took his bird(prison time) like a man

thats why its sad to hear tommy hill's a rat, its a crazy world we live in for real
just curious to know how/why you know this much about philly crime all the way in london? you got a nicky scarfo poster hanging up too?

Mansfield Status

and he wasnt the Philly John Gotti.. London is an idiot..

LONDON!

Post by LONDON! »

Philaflava wrote:
LONDON! wrote:
damn, thats crazy

just curious to know how/why you know this much about philly crime all the way in london? you got a nicky scarfo poster hanging up too?
ha ha, nicky scarfo poster, niggas got jokes, i'm just i'm on shit(does best tony montana impression)"i hear things",

nah i heard about him back in the day, niggas put me up on them when i use to be into ram squad back in the day, there a pretty obscure group out here

they broke up and merlino is doing a bird(old school slang from over here that the younga's out here 'still' use for doing a prison bid), so i will talk on it, you don't know what type of people be on these boards, i was on a well known adult ent forum thats linked to a known above board adult ent site and the fbi told the owner to take the forum down for its politcal content not nuthin else or they would hate on his legitimate adult ent businesses

so hip hop police is real to me, but like i said merlino is in the pen and ram squad have move on basically, but i heard the same thing, merlino use to push through food into richard allen projects through ram squad, but they broke up the projects up(i got told by someone who campaigned for one of the former black mayor's of philly, i was trying to get them to support mumia abu jamal at the time), because of the whole history of the place, from the black mafia to the junior black mafia to the richard allen mob, ram squad was apart of

i was told merlino was kinda gully and like the john gotti of philly, like the seen about type of sense, seen in public type of thing, i wasn't saying he rolled like john gotti, just the same type of media spotlight was on him, but they say the new philly boss has philly stable again and there numbers is up too, they have more made men and shit

i got this story from allhiphop.com i just thought wow, tommy hill ratted, alfamega, then tommy hill, that whole screw(prison guard) situation, the world is crazy right now, for real

rapgame

Post by rapgame »

d00d i kno inside info about the mob and i listen to rapp

adwhizz

Post by adwhizz »

Damn this brings back memories

I remember seeing this on the news/ reading about all this in the Philly Weekly back in 00-02.

I even ended up with one of Tommy Hill's mixtapes back around that time (they must have been giving them away or something at the record store)