Judge Dredd (2012)

Discuss the world of entertainment; movies, tv, journalism and radio.

Moderator: drizzle

Spartan

Re: Judge Dredd (2012)

Post by Spartan »

If we don't get any JD sequels I will probably hunt down and trepan the fuck out of that "you can do it" bigelow motherfucker. I need to see The Dark Judges make their silver screen debut in order for me to die a contented man.

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

^ read the wikipedia, would see

saw this at 10:30 AM on a friday :rockout: . for some reason was not surprised to see several other loners
the boy is the father to the man

Truth.

Post by Truth. »

unfortunately it looks like this is gonna bomb hard with under 6 million for the whole weekend

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Rob Schneider is a dead man.

alpha

Post by alpha »

Saw it last night. Really fun. We're some if his one liners supposed to be funny?

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Yeah!

He's actually a lot funnier in the comics, with heaps more social satire. The movie was a lot more restrained in that department, I guess a necessity after that god awful first movie.

alpha

Post by alpha »

We were all laughing really hard but the rest of the theater wasn't from what I could tell. Thought we were too stoned

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

Angry Joe hits the nail on the head.

VIDEO CONTAINS SPOILERS, RIC

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

Re: Dredd jokes
Movies.com: Dredd has these perfectly delivered moments of levity that both relieve tension and let us inside Dredd's head. How strictly scripted were those moments?

Garland: It's not improv. I don't really believe in ad-lib. I know there's way of making films where you can plan for a lot of it, but it's just not my process. The comic book has humor in it, sometimes quite overt, sometimes bone dry. I always felt, and it wasn't just me, everyone agreed, humor is a key part to Dredd's character. He makes jokes. They're very dry and subtle, but they are jokes. There's a very complicated part of it though, and this is something Karl and I talked about a lot. Who are the jokes for? He doesn't care if anyone laughs or not. Is it for him? But he never smiles. So what's it about?

For me it's about contacting him as a human being, to show he's not just a robot and he can see the ridiculousness in a situation, and he's not so stuck up. It humanizes him. A lot of the film is a very linear movie, clearly. It's very blunt, but it's also playing a balancing act, and one of those things is the humor, one is violence, and one is drugs. And it's about positioning his ethics. Who is this guy? He seems good, but he's also torturing criminals for information. What do you feel about this drug? Do you want it? You probably do.

A bunch of guys are sitting around in their apartment getting stoned. Fair enough, because their life is sh*t and this drug gives them this beautiful trip. And then some guy comes in and shoots them. And that guy is the hero? It's playing games like that the whole time.
full interview:

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/alex-g ... dredd/9651

After letting it soak in for about a week, I've decided I like this movie better than 'The Master'. I wonder where Looper will fit in :killacam:

Spartan

Post by Spartan »

This weekend, Dredd will be the first movie since T2 that I have seen in a movie theatre three times.

Film of the year for me.

Ramen

Post by Ramen »

for a movie that takes place in the YOTMB I feel like everyone was too normal. I wanted more freaks and mutants.

it was still pretty good though, definitely agree about the 80's feel.

Blockhead
I made Daylight, yo!

Post by Blockhead »

Saw it tonight and it was fucking awesome.It was like the last 45 minutes of the last rambo stretched into an entire movie. Super fun flick.

perfectprism

Post by perfectprism »

This is already gaining a cult following. the current seems strong enough that it will possibly yield more Dredd fruit in about 10-15 years (if you eat Dredd fruit you explode)

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/11/ ... art-images" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fuck. Yeah. TV show if done right might be better than getting a sequel.

drizzle
Awesome Vatican Assassin
Location: where people throw ducks at balloons and nothing is as it seems

Post by drizzle »

Fingers crossed for Urban, not a deal breaker but would be great. Not like he's doing anything else anyway.
http://www.steadybloggin.com - some of these are my thoughts yo