Concert I Just Went To Thread

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

DLG

Re: Concert I Just Went To Thread

Post by DLG »

that's a dope show, damn.

MC Homeless

Post by MC Homeless »

Destruction Unit
"You gonna let a cheeseburger do that?" Yeah, I like to instigate

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Danny Brown. Don't normally go to rap shows but this was free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Bu5BEThOk#t=26

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

havent caught up with this thread in a bit, but how is jagwar ma live? have a chance to see them tomorrow

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Matthew wrote:havent caught up with this thread in a bit, but how is jagwar ma live? have a chance to see them tomorrow
fantastic!

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

did isbell again over the weekend, there's not a whole lot topping that tour
moved by duck muscles

pestilence

Post by pestilence »

Anyone planning on going to the Hangout Festival in Alabama.

I didn't think I'd ever travel to Alabama on purpose... but.. fuck it.. I'm going.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

nice! i get the e-mail updates for that fest, they always have real nice line-ups, this yr being no exception. me and my bro always do a different fest every year, was very close to hitting up hangout last year but did jazz fest instead. this could be the year, probably need to be deciding
moved by duck muscles

pestilence

Post by pestilence »

My bro and I do the same thing. He just sent me the lineup tonight.
He knew I'd be stoked about outkast. And hes big into qotsa...

but honestly.. Fucking flaming lips are there and they take precedent. I'll be front and center for that. Scared as shit cause I'll be messed up and their lights are nasty.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

yeah somewhat despise them these days but flaming lips outdoors is a fantastic thing, done it a few times. honestly/oddly, i dont listen to them much anymore but modest mouse has been most elusive for me, so thats a pretty major selling point
moved by duck muscles

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Doesn't look like there's any festivals during the times I have off, just hoping Pitchfork has a good Saturday and Sunday lineup as as that's probably the one I can make. Word up on Modest Mouse being elusive, other than Chicago they've never played anywhere near Indiana recently and even that's been rare.

Looking forward to Isbell next week here in Indy, saw him almost exactly a year ago in the same great venue so it'll be sweet to see him perform all the new songs. "Songs That She Sang In the Shower" and "Yvette" will get requested until they get played along w/ regulars like "Outfit", "Decoration Day", and "Codeine". What cover(s) did he play at your show LLB? Looks like he's been playing some pretty cool ones recently.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

atlantic city by the boss, hate the boss, wasn't big on the cover either. & can't you hear me knocking again, which rips, and again he used as a closer.
moved by duck muscles

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I saw him do "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" last year, I'd have been disappointed with the Springsteen too. I'd probably prefer to hear just his stuff to covers at this point, but I've seen him doing some Zevon and Dylan recently too so I'd take those I suppose.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

was the zevon mutineer? would dig seeing that live, there's a video about thats him & wifey doing it on some radio show, was obsessed with it for a while
was planning on catching johnny corndawg last night, however it was canceled due to a 1/2 inch of snow, ah boo
moved by duck muscles

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

yep, that's the one he's been playing. Seeing him tomorrow night, he's got the perfect amount of great songs now that you're pretty much guaranteed to hear all your favorites. I saw him last year for the first time and I'm almost more excited this time around since I haven't seen any of the songs from Southeastern.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

I don't know what kind of set lists you've been seeing LLB but this shit was perfection- http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jason-isb ... 532ff.html

Dude played EVERYTHING I wanted to hear except "Songs That She Sang In The Shower" (which he hasn't been playing anywhere). The "Mutineer" cover was rad and seeing my 4 favorite DBT songs on top of all the new ish made this a mind boggling concert. Nowhere in the world is there a live performer who combines vocal, guitar, and songwriting talent on his level.

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

nice! yeah that's a sweet set list for sure. i've seen him do goddamn lonely love by his lonesome, but never with the full band, would have to be pretty incredible. heart on a string & mutineer would be dope. really like super 8 live, album version feels a bit flat after you experience that. that & codeine & never gonna change were the highlights of the most recent show i saw, were there any reason to single out a few tracks. agreed on the sentiments & can't imagine what the cause would be to ever miss out on isbell or DBT when they come around in the future
moved by duck muscles

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

went to malkmus & the jicks again, which in two prior jicks shows and two times seeing pavement this was by far the most energetic and into it i've ever seen malky, which was a joy. had heard he finally starting interjecting some pavement toons into the set, still 'harness your hopes' was a welcome surprise. good show, plenty of fuckery, lots of the last two albums which admittedly i've listened to very little, 'church on white' --> 'forever 28' to close the main set was sweet shit
moved by duck muscles

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Just copped my tickets to see Failure in May. So pumped that they're back together and touring.

TheBigSleep

Post by TheBigSleep »

Just saw Anthony Jeselnik.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Tommy Bunz wrote:Just copped my tickets to see Failure in May. So pumped that they're back together and touring.
Seeing one of their NYC shows in June. Started listening to these guys a couple months ago and it's pretty fucking awesome.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Joe Pesci wrote:
Tommy Bunz wrote:Just copped my tickets to see Failure in May. So pumped that they're back together and touring.
Seeing one of their NYC shows in June. Started listening to these guys a couple months ago and it's pretty fucking awesome.
:cheers: I'm always trying to get people to check them out. Fantastic Planet is one of my favorite albums of all time, of any genre.

Seen?

Post by Seen? »

Saw Blockhead, IAMSU, and RTJ a few weeks back. RTJ set someone was flying a drone above the crowd, El P told the crowd to throw a bottle at it and it flew away. That usually happen or was that just random? They killed it, tho. Later that night Built to Spill did a set of all new material at a Shriner temple down the street, might have been their whole new album not sure. Was crazy tho. The new shit sounds good. Seeing Mobb Deep next week then Hannibal Burress 2 weeks after that so been a pretty full Spring.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

Mastodon, Gojira, and Kvelertak. 'Twas awesome.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

great show

DLG

Post by DLG »

saw Vulture Industries and Dordeduh.

Vulture Industries is like avant rock/metal. kinda like old Arcturus without the spacey keyboards.

Dordeduh is the dudes that left Negura Bunget. atmospheric, trippy, folky black metal.

dope show.

Mercuthio

Post by Mercuthio »

DLG wrote:saw Vulture Industries and Dordeduh.

Vulture Industries is like avant rock/metal. kinda like old Arcturus without the spacey keyboards.

Dordeduh is the dudes that left Negura Bunget. atmospheric, trippy, folky black metal.

dope show.
cool. never heard of Dordeduh, and i like Negura Bunget. will have to check.

Echo Leader

Post by Echo Leader »

Saw Eyehategod in Boston last night. Dudes crushed it, as expected.

Y@k Bollocks
Location: I was wearing Sergio Tacchini before the internet existed

Post by Y@k Bollocks »

Black Sabbath in a few hours. Ticket was only £2.50 after a big fuck up by the event organisers.

wheels

Post by wheels »

Saw paramore and fallout boy in milwaukee tonight. Pete wentz and crew sucked balls but paramore was off the chains, as usual. I'm really really gay for this teenybopper band