Concert I Just Went To Thread

Non-hiphop forum dedicated to the wonderful world of music.

Moderator: Philaflava

LilLeftBrain

Re: Concert I Just Went To Thread

Post by LilLeftBrain »

most recent was
lydia loveless -- <3 <3 <3, first time seeing
future islands -- wasn't really a fan going in, but fuck that's a great show
isbell -- again and again
wassaic project fest w/ a bunch of bands nobodys ever heard of, but most were tits
moved by duck muscles

malpractice

Post by malpractice »

Bigcat and I saw Faith No More last night in Philly. They sounded better than when I saw them nearly 20 years ago. Amazing.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

malpractice wrote:Bigcat and I saw Faith No More last night in Philly. They sounded better than when I saw them nearly 20 years ago. Amazing.
Ahh wanted to go to that real bad but none of my dumb friends wanted to see them. Refused opened for them right?
Pretty bummed I missed it.

malpractice

Post by malpractice »

Yes, it was completely awesome from start to finish.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

LilLeftBrain wrote: future islands -- wasn't really a fan going in, but fuck that's a great show
saw them at Governors Ball, shit ruled

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

yezzir. front dude is pretty mesmerizing. apparently put out a rapraprap track with madlib last month
https://soundcloud.com/rappcats/trouble
:meh:

Vlad Analogue

Post by Vlad Analogue »

LilLeftBrain wrote: wassaic project fest w/ a bunch of bands nobodys ever heard of, but most were tits
i almost stage managed that this year; i am almost certainly going to do it next year

LilLeftBrain

Post by LilLeftBrain »

nice! you should. went back in 2012 for the first time and it had grown quite a bit in the years since. whoever recruits the bands for that does a pretty a+ job
moved by duck muscles

DLG

Post by DLG »

just got back from Brutal Assault

http://brutalassault.cz/en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tons of great shit, but I realized that I'm far too old for festivals.

Joe Pesci

Post by Joe Pesci »

saw Failure and Hum at Webster Hall the other night.

unclebengi

Post by unclebengi »

Word to DLG on festivals, it doesn't even matter if the performances are good anymore, the whole experience stinks. One of the reason I'm planning more concert road trips like when I'm going to see Deerhunter in Detroit over a weekend in December. I saw them at Pitchfork and they were great, but I've always wanted to see them in a regular venue and they'd never come to Indy. So we're getting a hotel and staying up there and I can't fucking wait. Bradford Cox's solo project Atlas Sound is opening too, so it should be a heck of a show. Really wish I could see Beach House on this tour, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

DLG

Post by DLG »

unclebengi wrote:Word to DLG on festivals, it doesn't even matter if the performances are good anymore, the whole experience stinks. One of the reason I'm planning more concert road trips like when I'm going to see Deerhunter in Detroit over a weekend in December. I saw them at Pitchfork and they were great, but I've always wanted to see them in a regular venue and they'd never come to Indy. So we're getting a hotel and staying up there and I can't fucking wait. Bradford Cox's solo project Atlas Sound is opening too, so it should be a heck of a show. Really wish I could see Beach House on this tour, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
same. I'm taking a trip with the wife to see Chelsea Wolfe and A Place to Bury Strangers in Budapest next weekend. Get there around noon, booked an apartment, see the city, hit up some bars, see the show, head back home around noon the next day.

At the festival this summer I was full of watered-down beer, feet-aching and ready to call it a day by 4pm.

Tommy Bunz

Post by Tommy Bunz »

Took the woman to see Lee Fields at the Foundry last night for Vday. Incredible show. We got to meet him after and I got him to sign the vinyl cover for My World, homie was vibing on my girl and was cool as hell, pretty amazing night.

My video and one of my favorite songs

Rabbi Jihadovich

Post by Rabbi Jihadovich »

seen Lee Fields like 3x already and every time the little dude wrecks shit.

his version of bonnie m's sunny is >>>
wish i could find an mp3.

blastmaster
King Duggan

Post by blastmaster »

Woman wanted to go see Coheed.... Said no way until I realized Glassjaw was opening. They are still fucking incredible live. Odd to see them do a short set in front of kids who didn't really care though.