Boot Camp Clik-For The People Revisted/Reimagined

Reminisce about the golden era of hip-hop.

Moderators: TheBigSleep, djfilthyrich

madstadik

Boot Camp Clik-For The People Revisted/Reimagined

Post by madstadik »

Boot Camp was one of the dopest crews of the early-late 90's but their debut group LP was a bit underwhelming... Let's take a look back and give this album a philaflava makeover...

itzmurda

Re: Boot Camp Clik-For The People Revisted/Reimagined

Post by itzmurda »

Are you only looking for tracks from the 97 era?

I remember that DJ Shazam X - Best of BCC mixtape from 97 was fire, but it contained remixes etc far back as 94 i think

djfilthyrich

Post by djfilthyrich »

I originally thought that we were looking at tracks from the 97 era, which is why I thought it'd be hard to alter this album. But if we open it up to previous years, then there's some tracks floating out there.

BrandanEvans

Post by BrandanEvans »

the frame work that dj filthy rich had for the firm re-work can apply to this

now on this album there is not 1 track i would keep as is...not that i can remember...
but the Boot camp clik album represents the whole clik
so the songs we choose to b on this has to involve multiple members of the whole clik or just a mix of the indivual groups within the whole clik
since the album dropped in the 97, we should consider the time frame '94-'97...

1 song i know for a fact that should b on this is the Night riders 9th wonder remix, he absolutely nailed it
"Rap is something u do, Hip-Hop is something u live"

vincentlopez

Post by vincentlopez »

BrandanEvans wrote:1 song i know for a fact that should b on this is the Night riders 9th wonder remix, he absolutely nailed it
Most definitely
~Get those old Source magazines here~
http://thimk.wordpress.com

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

That remix was so ill. They also had the og remix w aaliyah on it too that 9th lifted the vocals from

Move Free

Post by Move Free »

if anyone has that shazam x mixtape, please to upload :gyeah:

Thereallex

Post by Thereallex »

My Pick, strickly stickin to 97-98 - this is the best formula to me, shits been playing on rotation for days now and it really is a consistant and nice Lp that way.

Been making a comp with the 95-96 Ny Takeover with all the post-Lps classic feats, remixes and tracks, and been doing a third one focusing on the 99-02 era...

Waiting for some others propositions and feedbacks ! Some Og tracks of the 97 LP, like Illa Noyz, are definitely to be rediscovered...

1 - Boot Camp Clik - Headz Are Reddee Pt II (Boot camp Clik - For The People -1997)
2 - 2pac - Military Minds ft.Bootcamp Click (OG)
3 - Boot Camp Clik ‎- Off The Hook (1997 - 12'')
4 - Buckshot - Follow My Lead (1997 - 12'')
5 - Boot Camp Click & 2Pac - Initiated
6 - Boot Camp Clik featuring Aaliyah ‎- Night Riders (Radio Remix 1997)
7 - Black Moon - Headz Ain't Redee (feat. Smif-n-Wessun) Buckshot Og Version
8 - Boot Camp Clik ‎- Bootcampian Champians (1997 - 12'')
9 - Boot Camp Clik - Illa Noyz (Boot camp Clik - For The People -1997 - Shawn J Period Production)
10 - Buckshot & Funkmaster Flex - No Joke & Follow Me (1997 - Loud Records 12'')
11 - Boot Camp Clik - Ohkeedoke (Boot camp Clik - For The People -1997 - EZ Elpee Production)
12 - 2Pac & Boot Camp Clik - Brothaz At Arms
13 - Kid Capri - Follow Me ft. Buckshot & The Cocoa Brovas (1998 - Kid Capri - Soundtrack to the Streets LP)
14 - Boot Camp Clik featuring Aaliyah - Night Riders (9th Wonder Remix)
15 - Buckshot - Follow My Lead (Remix - 1997 White Label 12'')
16 - Boot Camp Clik - Headz Ain't Redee (Buckshot Og Version - Whole Clik - Dirty)
17 - Originoo Gun Clappaz featuring Cocoa Brovaz - Likkle Youth Man Dem (Original Version -1996)
18 - Boot Camp Clik & 2pac - Military Minds (version 2 )

Fritz

Post by Fritz »

https://www.solidfiles.com/v/jePjNxNkrz3yR" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Includes a bcc promo compilation (home made by someone, with 31 tracks + some one nation tracks not included above & some heltah skeltah stuff)

BrandanEvans

Post by BrandanEvans »

i would also include smif n wessun- aint nuthin move but the money!

itzmurda

Post by itzmurda »

Who's taking the initiative on this project?

Thereallex

Post by Thereallex »

Tracks we are looking for are indeed 97', rather than 94-97, way too wide imo, and forcing to mix era, styles, etc... preventing from creating what For the People could have been or should have been. Making a mix of some huge 94-95-classics remixes with 97' tracks would sound strange and unbalanced. Nevertheless, i added The Buckshot OG Version of Headz aint Redee, as they emerged late 95-early 96 but rather stick in the Cliks post Beatminerz sound and choice of beats. Plus it fits well to me in the tracklisting. U tell me what you think.

This clearly was a project focused on emceeing, without the Beatminerz. Strange, but that's what it is.

Some random remarks :

Problem with All about the Cash is even though its often labelled as 1996 - being really a 95 Beatminerz production - it belongs to the early Boot Camp sound with the Beatminerz signature sound.

The 2 Frankie Cutlass collab joints are awesome, but imo dont fit with the muzeek vibe of what the 97 LP intended to be ; they rather belong to the 95-96 era and embody a kind of production that is not For the people's one, meaning something rugged, long simple tracks that are conceived as cypher tracks for the whole clik to rap on (Ohkeedokee, Bootcampian Champians for example). Not tracks based on samples, with the typical mid 90s structure, tempo and bass but tracks based on basic drums, minimalist synth and simple basslines (Night Riders too in a way)

Recreating the For the People Lp implies to stick to the kinda sound they had at that time, even though questionnable sometimes. Not quiet the sexiest project but hey that what it is.

It also requires, imo, to include the Lp with the 2pac collabs round the One Nation Project. Note that the Lp is nice without those tracks too, to each his own.

Finally, there are enough Boot Camp tracks from that era to really have a Boot Camp LP, and not a compilation of individual efforts ; nonetheless, impossible not to put in the Buckshot solo tracks from 97, before the never to come LP. Same thing for Cocoa Brovaz's Drama, being a 97 track plus having the kinda sound that defines this 97 project, rugged hardcore, dirty synth and non Beatminerz heavy bass track.

Looking back at this LP and hearing it now, one has to recognize that lots of wack tracks, indeed, helped overlook and underestimate some heavy tracks...Ohkeedoke is a grower, Headz are Redee part 2 is a classic and Illa Noyz is definitely a good track, with a 97' spirit. Once the wack and watered down tracks deleted, tracks like Down by Law and even Go for Yours (not the best Shawn J Period but a solid track nonetheless) are to be heard again and stay consistent. Hence my choice to keep those, of course.

That being said, this would be my definitive view of what the LP could have been, making it a double-Lp, For The Real People ; thanks to Fritz for the BCC comp, didnt know bout this and discovered Steele's Practice Session. I worked on the traclist to make something balanced and articulated between the heavy and the softer tracks ; you tell me but this is a formula i think works. Its been on tryout for a few days and it stands on its feet.

1 - Boot Camp Clik - Headz Are Reddee Pt II (Boot camp Clik - For The People -1997)
2 - 2pac feat Buckshot, Smiff N Wessun & Greg Nice - Set It Off OG - 1996
3 - Boot Camp Clik ‎- Off The Hook (1997 - 12'')
4 - Buckshot - Follow My Lead (1997 - 12'')
5 - Boot Camp Click & 2Pac - Initiated - 1996
6 - Boot Camp Clik - My Mic Sounds Nice - October 1996
7 - Black Moon - Headz Ain't Redee (feat. Smif-n-Wessun) Buckshot Og Version 12'' 1995-1996
8 - Boot Camp Clik ‎- Bootcampian Champians (1997 - 12'')
9 - 2Pac & Boot Camp Clik feat The Outlawz - Letz Fight OG Version
10 - Boot Camp Clik - Illa Noyz (Boot camp Clik - For The People -1997 - Shawn J Period Production)
11 - Boot Camp Clik featuring Aaliyah ‎- Night Riders (Radio Remix 1997)
12 - Buckshot & Funkmaster Flex - No Joke & Follow Me (1997 - Loud Records 12'')
13 - Boot Camp Clik - Ohkeedoke (Boot camp Clik - For The People -1997 - EZ Elpee Production)
14 - 2Pac & Boot Camp Clik - Brothaz At Arms - 1996
15 - Kid Capri - Follow Me ft. Buckshot & The Cocoa Brovas (1998 - Kid Capri - Soundtrack to the Streets LP)
16 - Boot Camp Clik featuring Aaliyah - Night Riders (9th Wonder Remix)
17 - Buckshot - Follow My Lead (Remix - 1997 White Label 12'')
18 - 2pac - Military Minds ft.Bootcamp Click (OG)
19 - Boot Camp Clik - Headz Ain't Redee (Buckshot Og Version - Whole Clik - Dirty 1995-1996)
20 - 2Pac & Boot Camp Clik - Never Call U Bitch (EastCoast Version) (Complete W Buckshot Verse)
21 - Originoo Gun Clappaz featuring Cocoa Brovaz - Likkle Youth Man Dem (Original Version -1996)
22 - 2pac feat Buckshot, Smiff N Wessun & Greg Nice - Set It Off (Alternate Beginning - 1996)
23 - Cocoa Brovaz - Drama 12'' - 1997
24 - Boot Camp Clik - Go For Yours (Boot camp Clik - For The People -1997 - Shawn J Period Production
25 - Bonus - Boot Camp Clik & 2pac - Military Minds (version 2, bad audio )
26 - Bonus - 25 - 2Pac & Boot Camp Clik - Let's Fight Full A Capella Studio Session

Feedbacks welcome for this For The Real People double LP edition - some of yall would probably prefer a shorter version, well, lets cook yours with this batch - I'm sure a 12-13 tracks strong Heavy LP can be forged on this base, well i leave that to ya'll for now, as this was work already.

Link available of course but damn i am dissapointed by the close to zero participation on this, as many seemed glad in the first place ! Come on ! I just caught the ball here.

Thereallex

Post by Thereallex »

Missing track - Down By Law would be track 20

BrandanEvans

Post by BrandanEvans »

u did a great job bro, u really took initiative on this and i commend u brother...

this right here what u cooked up isnt bad at all...i wish the actual album was like this

but u did a great job my dude!!

lescratch

Post by lescratch »

Look forward to listening to this! Did you perhaps post a link already that I overlooked? Thanks!

Thereallex

Post by Thereallex »

Boot Camp Clik - For The Real People (Lexedition)

http://www99.zippyshare.com/v/XAhmNVns/file.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lescratch

Post by lescratch »

Thanks heaps @thereallex! Tuesday office playlist sorted. :)

Thereallex

Post by Thereallex »

U're Welcome ! U'll tell me how it went at the office

GRiMEANDLiME

Post by GRiMEANDLiME »

I've got that Shazam X tape w/ cover

Thereallex

Post by Thereallex »

↑ Well that upload would be appreciated man

madstadik

Post by madstadik »

Can u up that tape?

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

PLEASE

GRiMEANDLiME

Post by GRiMEANDLiME »

http://grimeandlime.blogspot.co.uk/2016 ... 5.html?m=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GRiMEANDLiME

Post by GRiMEANDLiME »

bump - link added

Stieflkater

Post by Stieflkater »

THX, BCC is shit and has aged real bad.

KhillA

Post by KhillA »

I played this shit to death when it came out. This is one of the few albums where I didn't mind the skits bc they were so ridiculously retarded.

Uhhhh this is Jon Conly, Jay Oh En See Oh En to the El Why

drunkmonk36

Post by drunkmonk36 »

Love the BCC!

Thanks for these.
Last edited by drunkmonk36 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dirt_dog

Post by dirt_dog »

I made a quick cover because I couldn't listen with out one.

stype_ones

Post by stype_ones »

Great job lex.

Thereallex

Post by Thereallex »

@D Dog, thanks for the cover, dope as usual, with a Public Enemy photogroup-type-shoot that rocks ! Dirty Cypher on the stairs, BCC style !

@Pradadon, thanks buddy, glad you liked the Refoundation